PDA

View Full Version : XBox: My fight for XBOX updates!

Tetzuro
Jun 20, 2003, 08:23 AM
heres the deal people ive been sending letters e-mails and phone calls to sonic team and xbox to make them update xbox up to par with gamecube i think the fact that we are paying the same price and not getting the same stuff is stealing our money the most recent reply was a chat i had with a xbox live rep

Topic: why is it that xbox players of pso have less updates then gamecube, on the launch date of gamecube it had all the quests ready , but not the xbox, and sonic team has not even updated with the new quests that they have been handing over to gamecube , there robbing us of our money this is not right!
Kar Welcome to the Xbox North America Interactive Online Presales Support. My name is Kar.
Danny hi
Kar I understand your concerns in this matter, Danny. However, we do not have any control over the development or release of the updates. You should really ask Sega and their Sonic Team for more info on the updates, as it would really be up to them since it's their game.
Danny ...ehh there really no help... but thanks Kar cya

anyway thats how it ended so right now ive sent a e-mail to Sonic Team they seem like a company who really doesent give a damn about there american plublicity, why do i say that, well just compare there websites from japanese and english the japanese has SUB PAGES!!! lol american is 1 page ONE! wow some company hopefully they will respond to my e-mail but im still thinkin that they wont , my next target is SEGA and away i goooooooooooooooooooo.

Jack
Jun 20, 2003, 09:44 AM
They aren't actually stealing from you. You're deciding to pay them. If you don't like it, stop paying.

Noraisin
Jun 20, 2003, 11:06 AM
I've been playing the Xbox version of PSO in the UK on UK servers and have also been frustrated with lack of content... I have never played PSO before but after 3 weeks (about 100 hours) I got my Ranger to lvl 114 and have pretty much done everything there is to do apart from finding some of the Mega-rare items to satisfactoraly kit him out. I have also started a force character to try and get some replay value but it's starting to ware a little thin (partly cos I've found loads of decent force stuff with my ranger and swapped it over on multiplayer)...

Anyway, getting to the point I have decided that after my 2 months free subscription that I got with the game runs out I will be selling the game and cancelling my subscription before I have to pay anything... that is UNLESS we get some decent content.

This seems to be the general feeling with most of the shrewder UK players that I've spoken to....

SEGA.. you have 5 weeks and counting!

(I also think it will be very synical of SEGA if they are waiting until 2 months after PSO was released in the UK (when a lot of people will have to start paying) to add proper content.. especially when GC owners get it anyway... so I may just cancel and sell the game on anyway.

Wish you all the success with getting a response from SEGA.

Coxy
Jun 20, 2003, 11:10 AM
At least you guys have PSO, im still waiting on my copy, should be delivered any day now............................................... ..

Rljohn
Jun 20, 2003, 11:28 AM
well X-Box has a downloadable quest, GCN doesnt...and SONICTEAM works for GCN, not Xbox

Droid
Jun 20, 2003, 11:29 AM
Dear valued Sega customer,

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

Thank you for inquiring about PSO Episode I&II for Xbox.
Microsoft is publishing this title, therefore Sega does not
have official information about its release. Please contact
Xbox customer support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX if you have
questions or concerns regarding the release (or publication)
of PSO Episode I&II for X Box. As always, thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

-Matt
Sega of America Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear valued Xbox customer,

Thank you for e-mailing Xbox Technical Support.

Sonic is publishing this game, therefore Xbox does not
customer support at 1-800-4MY-SONC if you have

Sincerely,

-Pam
Xbox of America Technical Support
__________________________________________________ _
Dear valued Sonic customer,

Thank you for e-mailing Sonic Technical Support.

Microsoft is publishing this title, therefore Sonic does not
Xbox customer support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX if you have

Sincerely,

-Matt
Sonic of America Technical Support
__________________________________________________ _

Keep paying your 8.95 is what they want to tell me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Droid on 2003-06-20 09:31 ]</font>

Noraisin
Jun 20, 2003, 11:37 AM
[/quote]
Hehe... have you played the downloadable quest for the X-box... It's quite short and sh!t... putting out fires..you what??

Tetsuyo
Jun 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
there's no point in asking Sonic Team 'cause Microsoft control the XBOX servers and it's down to them what they release as far as downloadable content goes.Remerber MS control every aspect of the Live service,and thats also why the server's are locked on the XBOX version!

Nidarrock
Jun 20, 2003, 12:17 PM
Well the UK will most likely get their first update around the same time the US did. A few days after the 2 months are up(assuming you went online the first the game came out). I doubt any of these emails or plees will change anything. It was stated in the press release about the princing that, "The quests will become available on the same schedule as the currently available GameCube version." Now this can mean two things:

We get content at the same time as the GC.

or...

We get content in the same timely manner that the GC owners did.(ex. The tower quests will show up roughly six months after the game released).

Taking what content we have seen I would go with the latter. Sorry, but if you're not going to be patient with the content then cancel your HL and come back when more content is up. I can understand being bored with PSO and/or miffed at the lack of content.

Auro
Jun 20, 2003, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna cancel my Xbox subscription and go back to the cube if we don't get AT LEAST c-mode and b-mode finished.