PDA

View Full Version : I miss those little red boxes...

Doomed2k
Jun 20, 2003, 08:41 AM
This is a problem! I'm almost done with hard mode and I haven't founds a single rare! NOT EVEN A VIRISTA! I need help! Does anyone know a good place for a skyly humar on hard to find some rares?

SaberX
Jun 20, 2003, 09:04 AM
Not really sure where to find some rare items but usually, you'ld have the most likely chance of finding a rare drop in Forest. It would probably be better though for you to get to very hard first because very hard has a higher rate of drops than hard mode.

Fonewm_Ged
Jun 20, 2003, 09:40 AM
Im a Skyly and ive got a few rares. ONLY cos I play online, I havnt found any offline. I find quite a few rare boxes on Hard and Very Hard mode, so try those online.

Ive found none on offline mode.

Dillon
Jun 20, 2003, 10:02 AM
I'm a Viridian. HUmar, level 72. I find rares -all- the time. I just found one earlier after beating that worm thing on Vhard.

Up until then, I hadn't found any rares..and I'd played through forest 1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I'll be going through the mines now, and I'm sure I'll find more than one rare there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif After all, it was there I got my God/Body and Proto Regene Gear..Light Relief, I think too..may have gotten that in the Spaceship. Anyway! Reporting later.

Edit: I play offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillon on 2003-06-20 08:07 ]</font>

TheDeepForce_5
Jun 20, 2003, 01:51 PM
I haven't found too many rare weps offline but I've found Photon Drops, and Add Slots, Mats, Merges, and Amps offline. I've also found a rare Ranger wep from a Nar Lily on Hard though.

SubstanceD
Jun 20, 2003, 03:16 PM
Don't worry, you're going through a bit of drought right now however things should improve sooner or later. I think it happens to most people everynow and again. For me I had no problem finding any rares with my Hucaseal while on Hard difficulty, at my peak ( Hard Ruins ) I was finding a red boxes in everysingle room, somtimes multiple red boxes ( nothing special, mostly DB's Sabers [hate them, find too many], last Survivors and Flowen Swords ) but my point was I was kneee dep in the stuff. Then when I got to Very Hard a good 10 or so hours passed before I saw another red box, which was especially anoying since I refused to make any progress at all untill I got my Yamato and my Dragon Slayer, it got to a point where I would have even been happy if someone dropped a DB's Saber, thats how desperate I was to see a red box. Anyhow I started finding them again although I don't find nowhere as much red boxes as I used to.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 20, 2003, 04:05 PM
I go through times all the time where I dont find any rares, but just keeping going at it and you will eventually find one.

MAGusZ87
Jun 20, 2003, 06:16 PM
hmm i never seem to have a prob w/ finding those red boxes its the rare monsters i can hardly find, even using the telepipe trick until my FO runs out mana a few times (he has 1136 max TP, thats 113 ryukers, then its 10 meseta for the nurse)
2 Hildeblues, 1 didnt drop nething, 1 dropped Diska of Liberator
3 Nar Lilies, forgot what they dropped but i got sumthing all three times
1 pouilly slime, on normal and i got master/ability
6 Al rappies, these r pretty common, only 1 never droped nething 'cept meseta
0 love rappies, hildetorrs, pal rappies, and mil lillies
mostly i get most of my rares from normal monsters (i found 10 diska of liberators on vhard & hard, dang i got sick of red boxes for a while)

Vanango
Jun 20, 2003, 09:16 PM
I'd rather rarely find a good rare than frequently find a crappy rare.

Keep things in perspective.

Mattoko
Jun 21, 2003, 02:33 AM
the problem with rares is, they are aren't worth much to sell. so you might as well keep them for your efforts.

Benoit
Jun 21, 2003, 07:15 AM
The more often you play Hard, the more rares you get. In the beginning, if it wasn't for a Nar Lily and a Hildeblue, I wouldn't have gotten rares. After a while of playing Hard, the odds increase. I found once 2 rares in a couple of minutes, and later again one or two. Play more to get more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

M1ndTheory
Jun 21, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-06-20 06:41, Doomed2k wrote:
This is a problem! I'm almost done with hard mode and I haven't founds a single rare! NOT EVEN A VIRISTA! I need help! Does anyone know a good place for a skyly humar on hard to find some rares?

apparantly If you play with 3 other people the chances of a enemey droping a rare increase, I didn't start really finding alot of rares until i got to Very hard.

Dillon
Jun 21, 2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah..I didn't really find any rares on Hard. I didn't start really finding them until VHard. I Did, however, find a bunch of Varistas and Brionacs. Brionacs from Nano Dragons in the cave, and Varistas from Various things in the Temple.

Mystil
Jun 21, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-06-20 19:16, Vanango wrote:
I'd rather rarely find a good rare than frequently find a crappy rare.

Keep things in perspective.

And that's all Skyly usually finds before the console decides to pop out of the uber stuff.

Mech1000
Jun 22, 2003, 07:39 PM
if im not mistaken my friend who was the same class and section id as you found a yamato in the forest on hard or maybe it was very hard? check the item findings and databse on that one.

Hedgehog
Jun 22, 2003, 08:18 PM
I have found almost all of my rares in Forest on hard and vhard, its a good place for easy exp to, the number one reason i did this was to get Musashi and Yamato that u get from teh Dragon .. these are pretty good and easy to get !
When you play the same area over and over without entering another apparently your chance for dropps increase, or so it seems anyway.
I got brance of pakupaku after 10 runs on Forest offline !

s.TiNgEr
Jun 23, 2003, 10:34 AM
You really don't want to worry about those kind of rares "Varista", stuff like that.
I get them all the time in hard, and i never find any use for them...

Kevinpso
Jun 23, 2003, 10:40 AM
I just found a Visk 235W

Nocturne
Jun 23, 2003, 10:44 AM
Just do some quests and slay some bosses, you'll find some. Besides the rares on hard usually suck anyway (save musashi, mace of adamn and a few others)

s.TiNgEr
Jun 23, 2003, 10:45 AM
I'm really sick of finding Db Sabers.....

Fefnir
Jun 23, 2003, 02:13 PM
I usually find a lot of body parts on hard... Maybe try hunting for those.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 23, 2003, 02:14 PM
I found 3 booma armes in 3 hard forest runs in a row http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dan_theUltimate
Jun 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
Man, I found varista, musashi and all that in Hard.
VH was the worst for rare drops with Ult being the best.

Dillon
Jun 23, 2003, 03:48 PM
Vhard's been my best for rares..I've not gotten into Ultimate enough to find anything decent.

Dan_theUltimate
Jun 23, 2003, 03:51 PM
Most of mine were 9 stars, such as the dragon slayer, the two cross scars and the mace of adaman.
Mace of adaman is 10 though isn't it?

Auracom
Jun 23, 2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah like mention before don't worry about rares right now. It's only Hard mode. You probably won't find and good rares untill later on in Very hard or Ultimate.

Oh yeah and skly doesn't find great rares in EP I anyways the good stuff is in Ep II.

Zolpner
Jun 23, 2003, 05:00 PM
I found a rare about 3 days ago with a lvl 3 SKYLY HUcaseal in forest 1! (finally got game 3 or 4 days ago) only problem was that it was a Photon drop and im stuck offline...

Doomed2k
Jun 23, 2003, 09:04 PM
IFOUNDALASTSURVIVORYAY!
( for those that didn't catch that, I found a last survivor!)