PDA

View Full Version : New

Kevinpso
Jun 20, 2003, 11:30 AM
HI, I'm new playing PSO, I bought the game today, and now I have a RAmar on lv.13. I know it isn't very high, but that will come later on. And now my question is if someone has a tip how I can become better.

Also, what is the best weapon for a Ranger and wich items do I have to give to my mac?

Bit
Jun 25, 2003, 04:38 PM
Eh, it all depends on what type of weapon you would like to use. a Rifle? Photon launcher? For your .."mag" I would suggest dex and pow raising items. Hope it helps.

Stalfos333
Jun 25, 2003, 04:45 PM
It seems dumb, but you can do combos with your weapons by pressing the button at strategic times. Mashing won't help, but if you relax you can do much better. A lot of people have trouble with this their first time playing.

Also, the Bank is a great tool. Be sure to deposit your money, and items you want to save, into the Bank whenever you're in town.

Pick up armor boxes to sell. It's better than money you pick up for getting rich, and it's a good way to fund a mag.

Section ID matters. You might want to consider checking guides to find a good ID, before you spend 200 hours on an Oran...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-06-25 14:54 ]</font>

kat
Jun 25, 2003, 05:53 PM
Hey, don't bash the Oran. I made my last character specifically to be an Oran http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have a RAMarl (female ranger, human) and for her I use a shot and a rifle. I like the rifle as it hits nicely at a distance, and the shot because it can keep multiple enemies in 'whomp' even though it does less damage. However, shot takes a while to complete the full combo cycle (not a long as mechguns though) and the rifle takes longer than handguns. Launchers have their combo 'recovery time' compatable to that of shots.