PDA

View Full Version : Worthless Rings...

Fefnir
Jun 20, 2003, 09:34 PM
What exactly do those rings do? I have the yellow, green and white rings. I tried them on myself but they weren't really anything special and many common shields seem to have a better defense and evasion. Hmm... I'll just keep them until I figure out what they do... Apparently, they're on high demand so they must be worth some value right?? Tips anyone?

Auracom
Jun 21, 2003, 12:24 AM
How'd you get em?
I didn't even know they were available yet... unless hacked or something.

Fefnir
Jun 21, 2003, 12:05 PM
Some guy just stopped by and started dropping stuff in my game... so yep, they're hacked.

faceman
Jun 21, 2003, 06:33 PM
On 2003-06-21 10:05, Fefnir wrote:
Some guy just stopped by and started dropping stuff in my game... so yep, they're hacked.

This is interesting. In a trade a few days ago with someone on line. Forgot who now. Anyways, he threw in a Red Ring, with the Red Barrier I asked for. I thought the two went together for some reason. Apparently it was a shield for the level 108. And it said there are 7 of these or others to find to make one special ring. Is this a hack. I hope not, because it looks cool. And it's better than my level 80 shield by a bit.

Detra
Jun 22, 2003, 01:04 AM
I would say the Red Ring is hacked, seeing as how there is no way to get it yet.

Also, about the 'worthless' rings... The problem is is that there is probably some secret in unlocking their power (read about the Rings being mentioned in the guide), but seeing as how you can't get them legitimately, no one would know how to do that.

Fefnir
Jun 22, 2003, 02:10 AM
The guide only shows their stats. Nothing else.

I have heard this rumor though...
When two or more people wearing the same color ring are close to each other, their stats are boosted.
Do you think that's true?

Jack
Jun 22, 2003, 03:40 AM
There are actually two different sets of Rings. Looking at an item list for the Xbox version, they're listed as:

Black Ring
Black Ring (NEW)
White Ring
White Ring (NEW)

And so forth. The (NEW) ones could be the hacked ones, that get upgraded to the old ones. Or vice versa, I dunno.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 22, 2003, 02:28 PM
VERY INTERESTING...

So, the various rings DO exist in the game. Are you on Xbox or GC?

Anyway, YES, they are hacked. NO way to get any of them yet. But this is interesting to know...7 rings to make one special ring...hmm...

Its very possible that they've been weakened from their former powerful state in V2. Red Ring is only lv108?! It used to be lv181...

Please, tell us more about them and their stats, or rather, PM me and tell me the details. This only confirms some of the stuff I've heard of.

Yes, please tell me in private, and I hope you got the card of someone who gave it to you. I have some other important questions that peak my curiosity...

Rx-78_Gundam
Jun 22, 2003, 03:02 PM
i heard that in ultimate mode if u use a telepipe after the final boss fight (Dark Falz) instead of going through the transporter they give u a red ring in the princepals office.

rena-ko
Jun 22, 2003, 03:13 PM
you cant use telepipes in boss areas...

anyway... these things are banned online, aren't they? i wonder when they will be obtainable in a normal way...

Reenee
Jun 22, 2003, 03:35 PM
Obviously, the normal way will be something undeniably close to impossible.

Rhete
Jun 22, 2003, 03:37 PM
Nothing is banned online on xbox, free hacks for all! ^_^

Elvendar
Jun 22, 2003, 05:16 PM
Xbox cops pretty much can't control the amount of hacking going on right now.

I was under the impression that the rings weren't even supposed to be in the game code any more. Kinda wierd.

Fefnir
Jun 22, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-06-22 15:16, Elvendar wrote:
I was under the impression that the rings weren't even supposed to be in the game code any more. Kinda wierd.

They're not... They're just only hacks.

Rhete
Jun 22, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-06-22 18:46, Fefnir wrote:

On 2003-06-22 15:16, Elvendar wrote:

Umm, they are in the game code, they're just not released yet. If they werent programmed into the game, they wouldn't exist. They are hacked meaning theres no way to get them legitly, not that they were added into the game by a hacker. They will probably be released legitly at the end of episode 2 challenge mode, which may take a year or two to come out givens segas speed.

Oh, and theres no PSO Cops. Sega had been just using a script to check your inventory and bank at logon to make sure you dont have any hacked items since version 1 (which only checked for neis claw, sonic knuckles, and egg blaster) For some reason they arent doing this on xbox, Sega blames MS, MS blames Sega, its fun

ShadowCaster
Jun 22, 2003, 11:37 PM
I thought you got the various rings from getting B-Rank in C-Mode. 7 Hours or more. Well it seems like someone would have discovered it by now, but with the recent "S-Rank Frenzy" goin on, everyone one strives for an S-Rank. So I dunno, someone who is at C-Mode 8 should take over 7 hours and see, then just shave time off. Well uh bye.

Rhete
Jun 23, 2003, 01:22 AM
On 2003-06-22 21:37, ShadowCaster wrote:
I thought you got the various rings from getting B-Rank in C-Mode

That was version 2. The A and B rank prizes on gamecube are gods shields

Fefnir
Jun 23, 2003, 01:48 AM
I just recently found out that you can find each ring with or without an inscription. Is there a diffence between a scripted one and non-scripted one?

ShadowCaster
Jun 23, 2003, 09:56 AM
On 2003-06-22 23:48, Fefnir wrote:
I just recently found out that you can find each ring with or without an inscription. Is there a diffence between a scripted one and non-scripted one?

By scripted do you mean with the description in it? If so, maybe the Scripted ones are the ones that can be combined. ???

Well,speaking as a low level mediocre and crappy programmer. ( :/ ) If they weren't in the code, they would not be obtainable. Period. It may however be in the code just locked till further notice. Like Easter Eggs and Egg Rappies, they were in the code, just not unlocked yet.

I THINK this is the same as Flame Garment. (The Hacked frame that makes you look like your on fire) It was in the code but just permanently locked. It was either locked in the Final Version, which means that in the Beta Test version the Flame Garment was there, but ST was either just way too lazy to just take the code out and they thought "Maybe someday there will be a contest to get it", so it was just locked.

Also, hackers cannot add anything into an online game, theywould have to hack it offline and bring it online, nut with all the bans on GC they would probably not make it on.

So I dunno, the next post will probably disprove everything I just said but, Who Knows?

Soukosa
Jun 23, 2003, 11:29 AM
The way the game works, the items would have to exist in the code of the game and then hacks would be used to access the items that normally aren't avaialable.

Fefnir
Jun 24, 2003, 01:57 AM
On 2003-06-23 07:56, ShadowCaster wrote:
By scripted do you mean with the description in it? If so, maybe the Scripted ones are the ones that can be combined. ???

What do you mean by combined? Which do you combine and what do they make? Hmm... I don't think you can combine them with anything. They're just regular shields on their own.

DarkSerge27
Jul 9, 2003, 12:07 AM
Those rings are hacked, but they should be available soon. Not sure how though...