PDA

View Full Version : GC: Photon Blast Discussion

Spellbinder
Jun 20, 2003, 10:14 PM
When raising a mag, I know I'm not that only one that has sometimes wondered which photon blasts would be best for the mag. I'm hoping to collect information in this thread to help anyone else who might be wondering the same thing. If anyone has solid information on things such as what determines the strength of certain blasts or any good tips on which 3 in combonation would be best for a mag, then please post and help out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2003-06-20 20:14 ]</font>

Neo_Slayer
Jun 21, 2003, 05:59 PM
what i can answer here is the power of MAG attack.

what determines the MAG's PB power is you own ATP and also the Syncro of you and your MAG also plays a role in the damage.

Neverwinter
Jun 23, 2003, 04:00 AM
what i did if u want another one, let a hunter raise a mag till it first evolves, give it to your force on multi-player and you have a good PB attack instead of a stupid Leillia healing. Kickass!

Benoit
Jun 23, 2003, 06:33 AM
You... must... have... Pilla.

Rljohn
Jun 23, 2003, 07:32 AM
Pilla is necessary, best Photon Blast. Its the one that smokes down from above, and can hit aerial targets (hint, dragon dragon)

kingmurp
Jun 23, 2003, 08:19 AM
Yes, but for some odd reason Flipper does more than pilla with my chars. So i consider it a must on my mags.

Khaotika
Jun 23, 2003, 09:48 AM
Mylla & Youlla
Estlla
Pilla

Best 3 in the game.

-Khao

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 23, 2003, 02:29 PM
what determines the MAG's PB power is you own ATP and also the Syncro of you and your MAG also plays a role in the damage.

I think that's wrong, It'sthe IQ that depends the strength, the sync matters on how fast it charges.

Golla is a must on a mag you've got to have it.

Another fact if someone is using a PB you can assist by pressing Y (GC) or joining in with your mag charge, big power

Slicer238
Jun 23, 2003, 02:31 PM
I thought IQ just determined how often it would cast s/d, invul, or revive you .

Stalfos333
Jun 23, 2003, 02:45 PM
Both IQ and Synch effect power, in my experience. I've also noticed that ATP plays a part in doing damage.

It really doesn't matter once you get to ULT. Only Mylla and Youlla is useful, for a droid, and the rest are too weak to be of use. Enemies take the blows, but have already surrounded you and proceed to beat you down for the insult. I try to give my droid mags Estlla, Pilla, and Mylla Youlla. Fos don't need PBs, and biological hunters don't get the twins. It isn't so much the mag that gets the PBs, they need to be tailored toward the character.

SubstanceD
Jun 23, 2003, 03:26 PM
I find Mylla & Youlla to be pretty usefull on my Fomar's mag, it's a hand me down lv.200 Varaha Mag from my Hucaseal. My Hucaseal's Rati Mag does not have Mylla & Youlla and I kind of figured that she will need it in Ultimate that's why I stated breading a new Mag for her a few weeks ago.

Mylla & Youlla is very usefull for Hunters ( and most especially Android Hunters, almost a must have Photon blast for them ), the shifta and deband they cast last for quite along time.

I also like Pilla. Does plenty of damage to all surounding enemies.

Sorry I don't know what effects the power of a Photon Blast but I am almost positive that ATP plays a part since my Photon Blasts get stronger as my Hucaseal gets stronger and the IQ and Sync on her Mag maxed out long ago.

DarkShinjaru
Jun 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
When ye press Y, do you repeatedly press it or just like, do it once o_O and is the character map supposed to come up when ye do that? lol

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-06-23 07:48, Khaotika wrote:
Mylla & Youlla
Estlla
Pilla

Best 3 in the game.

-Khao

Yes that is the best combo in the game...all my mags have those Photon Blasts.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jun 23, 2003, 03:46 PM
i consider the best to be:

Pilla

Estilla

Golla

I dont care much for golla Though, doesnt seem to hit bosses when i use t on them!