PDA

View Full Version : BIG BUG FOUND!!!!

ittoryu
Feb 17, 2001, 04:58 PM
First of all I would like to say that I am a big fan of Sega. I've had every single Sega system since the Genesis (SegaCD, 32X, Saturn, Game Gear). Hell, the day after my DC got stolen I bought a new DC. Now my problem is after having put in over 90 hours of game time on PSO my ISP information gets wiped from memory. Now, it may not seem like that big a deal right? The thing is when you try to re-input your ISP info you are prompted for your serial # and access code. Unfortunately, you get an error ,message when logging on to SegaNet that says that that serial # is already in use! Again you would think you could just ask Sega to just reset my serial number. The problem is the VMU info is time stamped to that serial # which means that if you try to play that character that you've played for over 90 hours with the new serial number you can't load that character. In essence you have just wasted 90 hours of your life! Now I love the game so much that I'm going to go ahead and start over from scratch, but don't you think that Sega could at least do something about this problem in case it happens to someone else? I mean most of you guys are probably loyal Sega fans from the beginning, and they could at least do something for us about this problem for being there to suport Sega all these years.

Let me know what you guys think. How would you feel if your ISP info was lost and now you can't play that LV 100 character that you've worked so hard developing?

Skee
Feb 17, 2001, 05:18 PM
What web browser are you using to rewrite your ISP? I heard ver. 2.6 resets the internal serial number while 2.0 and before are OK to use.

ittoryu
Feb 17, 2001, 05:26 PM
I'm currently using 2.0
According to Sega Tech, this happens rarely, but come on if this happens to u after putting in so many hrs, will u be happy with their response that it HAPPENS RARELY!!!

On the bright side, I've just started a new ranger, which i have not played before...wish me luck...happy again

ragnarok
Feb 17, 2001, 07:16 PM
Hey good luck, and I am terribly sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident. Things like that do happen, I for one know from experience.

ittoryu
Feb 18, 2001, 06:09 AM
Doing well, started a new ranger..lvl 10 now and a lvl 5 force...friends helped quite a bit...we went to ruins and boy do your lvl go up quick when you first start off!!! PSO still a great game...just hope i don't lose another char...don't know if i want to start over once more.

Ambrai
Feb 18, 2001, 06:50 AM
Maybe I am too used to EQ but is it just me or is Sega's support for these issues not acceptable?

Rarely Happens- If so then why is it every day that I check the boards someone lost something or their entire char. They way people are talking I wonder if I should just get used to the fact that one day I will lose my char and everything I have worked hard for...

I guess we can just hope and pray that PSO 2 will not have these problems. But then again, i wonder because if this game was out for awhile in Japan they should of known about these bugs. And that tells me they released a product with fatal bugs and they knew about it. /bow Sega, the company who is rivialing Veriant Interactive for the title of horrid Customer Service.

Thank you, this rant has been brought to you by Ambrai X`Vie.

ittoryu
Feb 18, 2001, 06:56 AM
It seems that the japanese version might not have the same problem as US...because they don't have to enter a serial # or access key....i just wish Sega Tech was a bit kinda to me...it took me 4 days and 15 calls before i was able to get back online...i feel much better now that friends r helping me out...tks for all the reply so far...

Ambrai
Feb 18, 2001, 07:02 AM
I think Sega was trying to prevent the 'EQ drama'. That being Ebay, swapping/selling of accounts ect. Too bad for them that there is already decent Ebay activity for PSO out there for items/money/mags. If you are curious go to Ebay and do a search for PSO.

It's sad that people pay RL money for in game items.

I especially pity those who buy money since its value is limited, unlike EQ.

ittoryu
Feb 18, 2001, 07:55 AM
i've been to ebay...me and a friend were joking about how playing pso could be a real job...collect items and money and then selling on ebay...its interesting that so many people are actually buys meseta...i feel that half the fun is finding items and trading with other players...whats the point of playing if you just buy all the items you want for your char...why not just cheat..it'll save you some money