PDA

View Full Version : Well then..!

Dillon
Jun 21, 2003, 05:54 AM
Hrm. I beat Falz last night on VHard while making my rounds through the Mines and Ruins. I thought I'd give it a try, just to see what I was up against. Before fighting him, I brought like..7 Scapes with me, thinking it was going to be hard.

I slayed him, badly. And..the weird thing about that is..I got Ultimate unlocked, and I'm only level 75. I thought the minimum level for Ult was 80..I guess it's 70 then? Blah. Anyway. After that, I went back through Forest 1 & 2 on Ult..many changes. Killed the Sil Dragon after being killed by it once.

That Ice Breath's killer. Only thing I didn't like about that Gol or Gal Dragon in the Spaceship VR. After that I tried my luck with the Caves. That's a little too much at the moment, lmao. I always miss my hits, which is weird, so I guess I'll be doing some leveling in Forest I and II for a while. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VulpesMundi
Jun 21, 2003, 06:33 AM
Offline single-player you can access the next difficulty whenever you defeat either Falz or Olga. There is no level requirement. The level requirement only applies to offline multi-player and online play.

klepto
Jun 21, 2003, 01:48 PM
I think hes talking about being able to handle it, because you really cant handle hard till about level 20, level 40 is about minimun to survive in VH, and perhaps he though that youd only ahve a chance in ult at 80. I thought the same thing, and I entered Ult at 85, still thinking I was to low leveled.

RappyDude
Jun 21, 2003, 02:02 PM
Do you think a level 68 Ranger can handle Dark Falz on VH?

Benoit
Jun 21, 2003, 02:27 PM
I beat Dark Force on Very Hard with my Ver.2 character at LV 76. He was easy enough.

Dillon
Jun 21, 2003, 08:06 PM
Actually, I was talking about just unlocking the other difficulty levels.

I wasn't aware at the time there were no level requirements to get to the others offline.. so my bad.

DarkTower
Jun 21, 2003, 08:08 PM
I unlocked Ultimate at lvl 47 with my RAmar. Using stuff I had saved up for the character. I did, however, hit level 48 after I got the exp off of him.

Dillon
Jun 21, 2003, 08:17 PM
Level 47? Damn, lmao.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 21, 2003, 08:34 PM
Yea dude hes not that hard. I beat him at 58 with my FOrce. Like i thought he would be hard so i sat and did the canabin trick for a while to level up and once I got there he was the easiest thing mainly cuz I had a level 200 mind mag and a bunch of high level spells, but thats not really the point because he is usually easy for any character that has resta. Robots have the hardest time with bosses in offline solo.

VulpesMundi
Jun 21, 2003, 10:16 PM
On 2003-06-21 11:48, klepto wrote:
I think hes talking about being able to handle it, because you really cant handle hard till about level 20, level 40 is about minimun to survive in VH, and perhaps he though that youd only ahve a chance in ult at 80. I thought the same thing, and I entered Ult at 85, still thinking I was to low leveled.

I personally had no problems. My record still stands at accessing Ultimate on level 40 (beat Falz in V-H on level 39 and leveled). The Ultimate Forest was cake even at that level.

For the non-believers...
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/daena_v_mil_2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-21 20:19 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 21, 2003, 10:40 PM
Wow. ^^ And I thought my pathetic L52 with my FOmar was good. @_@ Congradulations on finding a Mil Lily in Temple, too. X_X
...And thank you. Both of the Mil Lillies I've found were in Caves 1 and in a group of four and neither were where I could safely and easily eliminate the three Obs. I've killed two of the things without knowing what they even look like. XP Ugly lil' critters. *digs it up when VM isn't looking and puts it in a pot on the front porch to take care of door-to-door salesmen and Jehovah's Witnesses*

AxemPunanny
Jun 22, 2003, 01:16 AM
Vulpes got that right. Lvl requirement is only for online and offline multi.

I got my Humar into Ult at 49. I beat Ult. Forest at 51. It's a hassle, having being dropped after each hit you take. I tried Caves, and got beat up good. I decided to level up more and more until he could handle it much better. After so many levels, I look back and realize I could have finished levels alot earlier. Right now my Humar is at 102, at Ult. Mines (finished Caves at 102). Like I said, I realized I could have finished it alot earlier. I'd want to level to get better and hopefully find alot better items. The only mats I've used were Luck Mats. Since I finished Ult Forest, I haven't found anything considerably better. Heck I've used the same Last Survivor/Dragon Slayer for 50+ levels now. No twinking on this char either.

It's possible to move on to the next area, regardless of your level. It's all about being persistent, and willing to struggle... and willing to be knocked down a million times. Sometimes you just don't want to spend that time, and money to struggle, like I didn't. But if you are, there's no question you could get through Ult. before 100. The only real problem you have is having enough HP or Def, for certain Boss attacks (i.e. DF's swipe & light attack.). Otherwise you gotta level up, or milk those mats.

Like Vulpes said, Ult. Forest is cake if you could handle VH Ruins.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-06-21 23:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-06-21 23:20 ]</font>

Night_Star
Jun 22, 2003, 01:20 AM
just wait till you fight falz in ultimate mode!
its not like hes a lot harder, except the megid will kill you this time, and darvants come out when he does the rafoie and rabarta waves. plus on the third form the energy ball things zig-zag after you

i just beat olga flow on ultimate today, he wasnt that hard (only died twice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )
hes not as worth the fight compaired to falz though, cause he gives less EXP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Infested_Madcat
Jun 22, 2003, 02:21 AM
On 2003-06-21 12:02, RappyDude wrote:

i think so cuz one of my chars beat him when he was at lvl 65 (corse it was on dreamcast)

Fefnir
Jun 22, 2003, 02:32 AM
On 2003-06-21 12:02, RappyDude wrote:

It really depends on what kind of equipment you have.

rena-ko
Jun 22, 2003, 11:56 AM
dragon HP really help. and especially for forces unlocking ult is quite easy... (my hucaseal killed the sil dragon with lvl 051... leveled twice during forest ^-^;)

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jun 23, 2003, 02:02 AM
I beat VH Falz with my RAcaseal at lv 57, and with my FOnewearl at lv 67 without the benefit of hand-me-down items. (That's for the next generation of characters i create, hee hee) The biggest obstacle for people entering ULT mode at that level is the lack of hit points, especially with forces. Using Dragon/HP units helps, but if you are totally stoked with them, you can't have room for Resist/Blizzard and Resist/Holy units, which are somewhat needed for ULT Falz. I managed to beat him at lv115 with my FOnewearl when she had 727 hp, but lost 4 scapes cause I got frozen during the 2nd form and had darvants rape me from below. @_@

Delsaber
Jun 23, 2003, 02:08 AM
My record for beating vhard falz is 43 with a FOnewm. Would have been sooner, but I didn't have enough HP. Luckily I found a two more dragon HPs and I was set for Falz.