PDA

View Full Version : PSO X-box gone to hell

Zanuff
Jun 21, 2003, 11:39 AM
The X-box version is no different from the PC version. People are hacking it up and duping the rarest crap, ruining the economy, and also people are giving out 999999999 Meseta, so really, they are also giving out panzer tails. But its not just a few people now, there are 20+ games saying "free dupe" which ARENT scams because they are just dropping free crap.

Yeah, its probably action-replay, thats what I've heard. Well this is crap, I got into the xbox version because I thought it was a bit harder to hack.

And I doubt sonicteam is going to do anything about this.

Blenjar
Jun 21, 2003, 11:45 AM
On 2003-06-21 09:39, Zanuff wrote:

Well this is crap, I got into the xbox version because I thought it was a bit harder to hack.

Never think 'till you know.

On 2003-06-21 09:39, Zanuff wrote:

And I doubt sonicteam is going to do anything about this.

Who knows what Microsoft using there super power "$" could overcome hackers by creating a anti-psohacker joint!
Stay tune!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-06-21 09:48 ]</font>

Auro
Jun 21, 2003, 11:46 AM
Yeah, it's insane. I'm gonna go back to the gamecube version if they don't do anything about this.

SilentShawn
Jun 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
someone relay this to sonic team:

"All you have to do is a mandatory update to null(delete) that NPC in the freaking shop to end all of this agony"

SteveXE
Jun 21, 2003, 06:10 PM
The xbox version is harder to hack, it was a couple people that started creating the unlegit items, then dupers got them and duped, and now since every boob in the world can dupe easily its going downhile, but to be honest its no worse then gamecube could be, in fact gamecube could easily turn into the next dreamcast provided someone with some brains made some codes for it, wouldnt be hard at all but on the other hand xbox can never be like dreamcast, no matter how bad it may seem its maybe 1% of the xbox population that as a mod chip and only a few of them accualy use them for "evils" so someday we might see destructive cheating, but it will never be widespread

Mizu
Jun 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
Theres a rumor of patch thats gonna come out for xbox so you cant use hacked weapons online. But they're gonna add the patch to the next downloadable quest, so people won't know that they downloaded the patch as well.

SteveXE
Jun 22, 2003, 08:30 PM
Mizu do yourself a favor and dont listen to rumors, PSO itself cant be patched like that, at least the dc, and gamecube versions couldnt, and im pretty sure the xbox cant either, BUT the servers can be patched so you cant take unreleased items out of the bank, if you do you get booted and maybe banned. I just hope they fix this new dupe method, while they can only fix it for online play, it will help because 90% of these kiddies arnt smart enough to figure something like that out

Klendathu
Jun 23, 2003, 09:32 AM
I will tell it like it is.
I use an action replay. Now before you all go off the deep end hear me out. I do dupe items, but only for myself. Reason: Im sick of being Black screened and frozzen screened. The action replay lets me back up items I do NOT spread rares which is what alot of dupers do. I ONLY back-up items for my self. I pay for a service which takes my items not equiped when I black screen so its only fair that I be allowed to back them up. I get BSOD'd or FSOD'd at least once a week. When I was first BSOD'd I was like O well Just like DC. Then when I was BSOD'd and lost My frozen shooter I was ready to quit. A ranger on Ultimate w/o a frozzen shooter is worthless in my opinion.
So I guess thats it.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 23, 2003, 10:29 AM
I just got the game and i'm hearing all of this bad stuff?!
This really sucks...... but all online games have to have some flaws....

Nei3rd
Jun 23, 2003, 02:07 PM
Don't think that way. Just because you hear alot of bad stuff about PSO doesn't mean PSO is a horrible game. I've had my share of hackers and dupers but I've also met some nice people who helped me out when I first started out. Always take some time out to repay those who helped you and help others lower than you. Thats what I do. Also about these hackers and dupers don't worry too much about them. I really don't think X-Box has gone too hell in a hand basket. Just a few bad apples thats all. Happens to all online games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nei3rd on 2003-06-23 12:08 ]</font>

Aurra
Jun 23, 2003, 04:27 PM
On 2003-06-21 16:10, SteveXE wrote:
The xbox version is harder to hack

If by that you mean "way easier to hack," then yes, you're correct. PSOx is so incredibly easy to hack because of the hard drive. Anyone with a PC can create or modify any item they like without ever getting caught. GC has no hard drive, so hackers have to be a bit more resourceful.

it was a couple people that started creating the unlegit items, then dupers got them and duped, and now since every boob in the world can dupe easily its going downhile, but to be honest its no worse then gamecube could be

I don't get what you mean by that. GC has like... two or three hacked items floating around total (not counting the dupes of them). In fact, the only ones I even know of are the Flame Garmet and the 200 mind Sato. On Xbox, every item has been hacked and mass duped. How is it no worse than GC?

so someday we might see destructive cheating, but it will never be widespread

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I remember people saying the same thing about V2, and look what happened there.

SteveXE
Jun 23, 2003, 07:20 PM
Aurra its funny that your blabbing away, you have zero understanding of whas going on here, you think every pso player is gonna go out and buya mod chip so they can PK? Your grasping for excuses here my friend, chip'd users are a small minority, any half wit can go buy a AR for gamecube, the reason there isnt widespread code use on gamecube is because nobody gives a rats ass about that console, you have maybe 1/4 the number xbox has playing online and 90% of them are 12 with zero programming knowledge, the xbox is aimed at the 16-36 audience, which means most users are at least in HS, and 90% of poeple with mod chips have some sort of programming background, those other 10% couldnt cheat if they wanted to, they have no idea how or where to begin they are the script kiddies of the console world. So before you come start an arguement with me why dont you get your facts straight. Its simple numbers

The number of xbox owners who play pso and also have a mod chip is at MOST 5%, the number of those mod chip users who cheat is maybe 5%, now 5% of 5% isnt a big number, and only 1% of that 5% are using the chip for destructive means. Yea that sure looks widespread, maybe 3 people are being destructive, and their friends are simply tagging along like little puppy dogs. Sure there are alot of "hacked" items on psox, and i stated the reason above. All its gonna take for gamecube to get hacks is for someone to put out a code where everyone can see it, instant dreamcast.

Aurra
Jun 23, 2003, 08:37 PM
Where are you getting all these "simple numbers" from? Just because you say there are only 5% of Xbox owners willing to get a modchip doesn't mean it's true, you know.

and btw, I'm not trying to start a fight. I've just seen people saying things like "Xbox will never be hacked" since before it came out, and guess what... it's hacked.

SteveXE
Jun 24, 2003, 11:31 AM
Every online game for every system pc, console, calculator, cell phone, whatever will be "hacked" and exploited. Im getting my numbers from simple sale figures, the number of xbox owners who have mod chips, then simple mathmatic formula to determine a fairly accurate number who also play pso, and then another to determine the number who accualy use it to cheat. Its a much smaller number then people want to beleive. You can all live in fear of NOL (which cant happen anymore mod chip or not), pk, ck all those old evil cheatings from dreamcast but they just will never be widespread, they will always be isolated incidents propagated by a incredibly small number of people. On the other hand what im saying is gamecube has the potential to be far worse then it is, but its simply not because there is nobody mass producing action replay codes for it but the potential for total destruction is there because everyone with $40 can easily buy a AR and use it which is not the case with xbox and mod chips, mod chip cheating is very very complex, not only that but there is a huge chance of banning yourself since xbl can detect 99% of mod chip bios, on the other hand gamecube pso cannot detect AR at least it couldnt last week when i logged into it from my friends GC and pk'd some boob using a modified version of the dreamcast pk code just to prove my point (to myself), and dont worried i revived the person i killed i wasnt doing it to be evil. Thats where the problem lies, all those dreamcast codes will work on gamecube with slight editing, but you dont have anyone willing to do it.

Aurra
Jun 24, 2003, 03:12 PM
You're probably right about GC having the potential to be bad, but like you say with Xbox, it will probably not be as widespread as it was on DC. Sega specifically asked AR not to publish codes because of what happened on Dreamcast. When they did it before, it gave every noob in the world instant access to lots of codes. Now though, like you said, so far nobody has really gone out and hacked a bunch of codes. It may happen one day, like agressive cheating on Xbox, but it doesn't look like it will be all that soon.

Oh yeah, and AR is $40?? XD Wasn't it like $20 or $30 back in the DC days?