PDA

View Full Version : Gal Gryphon

Fuyu
Jun 22, 2003, 01:11 PM
Can anyone offer me advice? I looked through the Boss Guide but ...

My FOnewearl is currently level 33, and I'm trying to complete Episode 2, Central Control in Normal. I naively thought that level 33 wasn't too low http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif --- am I wrong?

The gryphon's stomp kills me outright, even with deband on me, jellen on it, and wearing two Digger/HP units. But if I stay far away not to be stomped, nothing seems to hit it. Is it just a matter of coming back when I've got more HP? How many do I need?!

After the level before was trivial, to face a boss with one-hit kills is amazingly frustrating. I can't believe this is the way it should be working!

Neo_Slayer
Jun 22, 2003, 01:15 PM
some good advise is that you basicly do what you do against the dragon in the forest.

1)stay away from him when he comes down.
2)run while they have little things chasing you.
3)attack near his head while he is doing his lightning thing.(fire for dragon)
4)repeat till dead

SubstanceD
Jun 22, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-06-22 11:11, Fuyu wrote:
Can anyone offer me advice? I looked through the Boss Guide but ...

My FOnewearl is currently level 33, and I'm trying to complete Episode 2, Central Control in Normal. I naively thought that level 33 wasn't too low http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif --- am I wrong?

The gryphon's stomp kills me outright, even with deband on me, jellen on it, and wearing two Digger/HP units. But if I stay far away not to be stomped, nothing seems to hit it. Is it just a matter of coming back when I've got more HP? How many do I need?!

After the level before was trivial, to face a boss with one-hit kills is amazingly frustrating. I can't believe this is the way it should be working!

I am no expert on Forces but I personally think that a lv.33 Fonewearl would not have a chance in hell of survivng Gal Gryphons stomp, not enough HP I'm afraid. My Hucaseal was around about lv.44 when I took him on and that same stomp move almost killed her. Apparently it is a very powerful move. That's not to say that you still can't beat him at that level ( you will have to get more info from experienced Force users who've taken him on to make sure you stand a chance ), just make sure you have a few Scapedolls and avoid getting too close to Gal Gryphon.

Frozt
Jun 22, 2003, 01:21 PM
Uhh well depends on what difficulty but if vhard or higher I suggest you always have a FO in ur team ,he will be big help when all ur asses die he has a spell to revive. Hahahah....funny

vampirekid
Jun 22, 2003, 01:26 PM
I think i killed him bout ur lvl with my FOnewm
My strategy is just run for ages until u no u wont get hit by him and then attack then run some more then attack etc.

Neo_Slayer
Jun 22, 2003, 01:27 PM
that sounds like more of a basic strat than a planned one.

Fuyu
Jun 22, 2003, 01:40 PM
Thank you for all the advice!

The idea to treat it just like the dragon was the key ... when I first played PSO with a force, and had only Foie and a handgun, I defeated the dragon by resolutely running behind him and taking potshots. Slow, but worked.

Similar approach worked here! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif By always waiting until I could come up behind his back legs when he was stationary, then popping off a barta or two, I was far enough away from the stomp to avoid dying outright (the deband and jellen, per the guide's advice, of course helped!). So now it is defeated! Mwaha! Yay!

Thanks again!

AxemPunanny
Jun 22, 2003, 01:46 PM
Grats... Good to have the patience and persistence, especially in a boss fight.

rena-ko
Jun 22, 2003, 02:44 PM
find yourself enough HP slot items and you're set, because the biggest problem your fonewearl will ever have is to survive one hit kills.

Monomate
Jun 22, 2003, 04:06 PM
i have that problem in hard mode. the way i do it is stay away from him and blast him with zonde, (i know he's not weak to it, but it's the only thing that hits him from that range), i do the same thing when he flies, although i sometimes switch up and use grants too. when he's kneeling i risk getting close and use barta, and do the same thing when he falls down. then when i run out of techs...i die... btw i use a plantain leaf