PDA

View Full Version : How annoying!

Atley
Jun 22, 2003, 04:37 PM
Okay, i have been looking for a double saber for a long time. So, i went on Very Hard in forest and caves, desperately searching for any special weapons. Well, a time came when i was faced with 4 nano dragons, i killed 3, and i lost hope of finding any special weapons in caves.To my suprise, i killed the 4th dragon and it dropped a special weapons, i rush to the tekker and revealed the special weapon. it was a double saber! I was so happy, i equipped it straight away and went back into caves, i could kill everything so easily. But, after 10 minutes or so of killing everything in sight, the game crashed, with a buzzing sound.
'aw, how annoying. Atleast i have my double saber equipped so i wont lose it'. Or so i thought. I restarted PSO and joined an online server again.
AND MY DOUBLE LIGHT SABER WAS GONE?!

How can i lose an item if i have it equipped? I think someone could have somehow stolen this double-saber of me, i have heard people can do that. If so, is there any chance of me getting it back?

zebalba
Jun 22, 2003, 04:49 PM
its happened to me lots oftimes anyways a stag cutlery is better than a double saber and a twin brand is better than a stag i have all of them aqnde imon xbox what class areyou i can prolly give you one of the 3 that you choose.

Auro
Jun 22, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-06-22 14:37, Atley wrote:
If so, is there any chance of me getting it back?

Nope.

Benoit
Jun 22, 2003, 04:51 PM
So you were playing online? Well, the game hasn't saved since you equipped it, no? So on your save it wasn't equipped, so you lost it.

Zanon
Jun 22, 2003, 04:52 PM
Yeap same thing happened to me with my S-Red arms and my Morning Glory

Night_Star
Jun 22, 2003, 04:54 PM
that sux man
but double sabers arent that rare. ive found several of them, and ive also found a ton of stags. i would give you one, but i cant get online... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

dropslash
Jun 22, 2003, 04:55 PM
FSOD's have been strange recently. People reporting equipped items getting lost, non-equipped items not being lost. I FSOD'd last night and figured "well, there go my mates." , but upon restarting the only thing missing was my meseta, all my non-equipped items (just mates & pipes etc) were still there. I was a bit surprised.

Anyway, i find loads of Stags if you'd like one, drop me line. i usually donate them to the Salvation Army, but i'll hold one if you want it.

Getintothegame
Jun 22, 2003, 04:58 PM
On 2003-06-22 14:55, dropslash wrote:
FSOD's have been strange recently.
Like my friend loosing everything in his inventory.

Sometimes I go online, and nothing is equipped that I had equipped. Not sure how that happened, though O_o

Dime
Jun 22, 2003, 05:30 PM
No one wants to steal your Double Saber. No one, ever.

Night_Star
Jun 22, 2003, 05:38 PM
why would anyone want to steal a double saber?
its a weak weapon that is pretty comon

Elvendar
Jun 22, 2003, 05:42 PM
It may be a weak weapon, but TP leech in a 6 hit combo is a force's best friend.

Think outside the box.

Lord_of_Nightmares
Jun 22, 2003, 05:50 PM
yeah tell that to me I have a weird fsod, and lose all that I have on my bank... goodbye techs, amplifiers, demonik fork... sniff.

jello44
Jun 22, 2003, 06:04 PM
Here is how it is broken down.

Since offline does not save every time you go to the bank/shops/telepipes, it will not register that you did anything. So, if you go through forest one to ruins 3 and suddenly the game freezes, you lose all of your progress that you have done before the previous save. You will however keep all your items/meseta.

Online however is different. And very weird. The only time you ever lose your items is if you have joined a game or in the process of joining a game (very dangerous, pray if this ever happens). But if it happens and you never joined a game you will just lose your meseta.

What bothers me the most is, since it saves online every 10 seconds and you get fsod'd, why is it that you lose everything that is unequipped? It still boggles the mind after 2 1/2 years of playing this god forsaken game.

Benoit
Jun 22, 2003, 06:16 PM
What do you mean no one would steal a Double Saber? Hell, you can't even visit lobbies or there's one pathetic guy walking around saying: "NE1 HAV DOUBLE SABER?!".

Logical2u
Jun 22, 2003, 06:20 PM
Think outside the box Nice quote Elvandar! I think everyone can use Doubles, correct? This would be awesome for my Support Ranger! a TP leech isn't half bad with a decent weapon!

Dime
Jun 22, 2003, 06:24 PM
On 2003-06-22 15:42, Elvendar wrote:
It may be a weak weapon, but TP leech in a 6 hit combo is a force's best friend.

Think outside the box.

Wrong, Geist Vulcan is a force's best friend. 9 Hit TP draining.

Elvendar
Jun 22, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-06-22 16:24, Dime wrote:

On 2003-06-22 15:42, Elvendar wrote:

Think outside the box.

Wrong, Geist Vulcan is a force's best friend. 9 Hit TP draining.

Depends if you want to tank or stand on the sidelines. Either is good.

I personally reccomend the Double saber for FOmar and the Vulcans for FOmarl.

Dime
Jun 22, 2003, 07:41 PM
You can't tank with a double saber. If you want to melee, either get yourself an S Rank, or some mechguns. On ULT a double saber is USELESS. But a good hit% mech gun is ALWAYS useful.