PDA

View Full Version : Hacking on XBox

Fonewm_Ged
Jun 22, 2003, 05:42 PM
Hi,
I have heard many rumours about Microsoft releasing a Patch on the XBox version of PSO to prevent hackers! Is this actually true? If so, when is the patch going to be downloadable?

Thanx.

Elvendar
Jun 22, 2003, 05:44 PM
A patch can't prevent hackers. What they might do is an update/sweep like blizzard does, where they erase all duplicate and/or hacked items on the server at the time.

I'm not sure if they could do that though ^_^;

Murky_Death
Jun 22, 2003, 07:30 PM
get a GC!!! lol. gc can't be hacked. one downside to xbox. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif sorry box lovers.

HairyGoat
Jun 25, 2003, 10:45 AM
Yeah but do you know how frickin easy to dupe on GC now?

Sedyne
Jun 25, 2003, 02:59 PM
On 2003-06-22 15:42, Fonewm_Ged wrote:
Hi,
I have heard many rumours about Microsoft releasing a Patch on the XBox version of PSO to prevent hackers! Is this actually true? If so, when is the patch going to be downloadable?

Thanx.

They can't All PSO games will have hacked/duped items all the time. End of story.

jonny-5
Jun 26, 2003, 03:16 AM
A Character Sweep would be pretty darn difficult if not impossible since Sega does not use server-side saving.

jonny-5
Jun 26, 2003, 03:20 AM
On the flip side...Sega could release a v1.1 version like the Japanese Gamcube version. they could remove the npc in the shop and fix problems related to all the other various dupehack methods etc.. usb mem cards, lag, shop etc..

However, Sega mainly did that because someone discovered the bug in the Japanese version right after release. Since the Gamecube version has been out for quite some time, I doubt they would release any update. Although we can always hope for an append disk.