PDA

View Full Version : Twinking

CGoodness
Jun 22, 2003, 08:28 PM
I twink a lot.
Do you consider twinking cheating?

VioletSkye
Jun 22, 2003, 09:12 PM
Well, by definition I really don't think its "cheating" if the game outwardly allows you to exchange items between chars. Granted it does diminish the challenge for that char, and certainly makes things easier, but it is allowed without any hacks, cheats or exploits so I would say its fine, provided of course that the items aren't dupes.

Shin_Anubis
Jun 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
Plain and simple, no. If you earned the item, why not use it.

Mizu
Jun 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
Twinking isnt cheating, but the "Uber-Twinks" characters just piss me off, they're already more powerfuller than yet they're level 80 (I'm level 120). I dont have a chance to even do rafoie before she does rafoie and destroys everything, obviously I leave, but thats just a waster of my time. I dont like seeing level 80's having a already a devil's tail, and a demonic fork, and has her MST maxed out already, destroying everything in her path with level 30 techs. X@

Nei3rd
Jun 23, 2003, 10:12 PM
So twinking is trading between characters? Thats a cheat? I thought of it as a simple little trick. I liked it because if my other characters got a good hunter weapon I could give it to said hunter.

EDIT: But then again, can someone tell me what twinking is?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nei3rd on 2003-06-23 20:14 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jun 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
Twinking involves using better items from another char/s to make the game easier for your current char. I'm sure someone can explain it in simpler terms, but I'm not very good at putting simple things into context thats easily understood. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hexvirus
Jun 23, 2003, 11:43 PM
basically just giving a character good stuff. for example starting off a new lvl 1 char with a lvl 200 mag and a varista/db saber, some cash, and some materials. they are still lvl 1 but can typically kill in one hit.

it's a good technique to build a new character rather quickly without having to deal with strugling through normal and hard modes as much. i started a hunewearl with a lvl 200 mag (133 pow) and a db saber and got to ultimate in under 40 hours.

VioletSkye
Jun 24, 2003, 12:46 AM
40 hours, LOL. I got into Ult with my last twinked char in under 4 hours. 3hours 47 minutes to be exact at level 40 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif (I was level 39 at Falz but he boosted me to 40 dammit, lol)

Soukosa
Jun 24, 2003, 01:25 AM
On 2003-06-23 18:29, Mizu wrote:
Twinking isnt cheating, but the "Uber-Twinks" characters just piss me off, they're already more powerfuller than yet they're level 80 (I'm level 120). I dont have a chance to even do rafoie before she does rafoie and destroys everything, obviously I leave, but thats just a waster of my time. I dont like seeing level 80's having a already a devil's tail, and a demonic fork, and has her MST maxed out already, destroying everything in her path with level 30 techs. X@

I agree with you. I've done some somewhat major tweaks to my newer characters that didn't go too far like what I've heard from others, but I'm just missing the fun I had with my first set of characters where they can't beat the enemies in just a couple of hits and can't just plow through the levels at fairly low levels.

Xion810
Jun 24, 2003, 12:06 PM
Twinking is not cheating, because you are giving your items to other charectors. It's just inter-card trade, and perfectly legitimate.

How you get your items, that's another story.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 24, 2003, 12:15 PM
it's not cheating. as long as you get the items in a fair way. My Ranger was using a varista by level 13 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CGoodness
Jun 25, 2003, 07:38 PM
My level 8 HUcast is running around doing 300 damage with an Agito lol

jonny-5
Jun 26, 2003, 03:07 AM
I dont consider it cheating and I doubt ST does either consdiering it has been in the game since v1.

Yami_Lucifer2218
Jun 26, 2003, 08:26 AM
no twinking is jus handin oer collected items from a stronger character to another char.

CGoodness
Jun 26, 2003, 09:17 PM
Wow, a lot of people seem to like pickles. I wasn't expecting anyone to vote for it. I kinda wanted honest answers... I was just bored...

Guile
Jun 27, 2003, 01:21 AM
To me, No. But I don't care if it is or not...just a game

Mystil
Jun 27, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-06-23 18:29, Mizu wrote:

THat pisses me off. Especially when I'm using my FO. Maxed out MST is just cause they had someone dupe them alot of Mind mats. They aren't really all that without some duper. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I twink so I don't have to deal with the stress of Very Hard. Everything gets balanced from there in Ult.