PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Force epic or something?

PhrozenPhoenix
Jun 22, 2003, 10:03 PM
How do you people stick with a force character to even see hard mode? I got both a FOMar and FOMarl and leveling is sooooooooo ssssllloooowwwww.

Lord_of_Nightmares
Jun 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
donīt take me weong, but they boost to ur main techs, suck, thats why its so hard for those characters to lvl offline, try to get a fire specter anger and rafoie everything u find.

Prototype04
Jun 22, 2003, 10:11 PM
wait till you get rafoie and you'll be clean room in secon and lvling up pretty fast...

Nei3rd
Jun 22, 2003, 10:24 PM
It's mostly patience. But by the time your techs are stronger and you can use the Hard techs lvling up seems much quicker. And there something special when you see your force character take down an enemy without the aid of techs.

Frozt
Jun 22, 2003, 10:26 PM
Lord Im not flaming you but when I post in a thread I respectfuly read the majority of post and I dident get anything you said, there were a couple of errors in there I dident understand.

And its not to slow to level up FO's, see if you dont like somthing then ur mind tells you things arent going fast enough but realy Fo's level up more than any class compared to a ranger and their spreads all we fo's halft to do is cast rafoie or razonde 2x per room and we get 10 times as much exp as a Hunter doing 6 slices with its sword per room.

satoshi1
Jun 22, 2003, 10:58 PM
Offline leveling with a FO is a pain in the arse. I got my FOnewm up to lvl 76 offline before being corrupted right after going online at lvl 80... Online leveling with a FO is much much easier though. Especially if you have stronger HUs and RAs that take most of the damage and do most of the damage. Then all ya gotta do is cast rafoie or jellen/zalure on the room full of enemies.

Lord_of_Nightmares
Jun 22, 2003, 11:07 PM
dont take me wrong, but the boost to your techs its bad (gi techs), thats why its so hard for those characters to lvl offline, try to get a fire specter angi and rafoie evereything u find.

Hope this is better, sorry my english its not good.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 22, 2003, 11:27 PM
it ok............ and i dont think its that hard to grow them lvs i mean i had a lv 55 force and in no time it was 64 but i do have a mag that boast it mind by alot its in lv 199 and ive never been online just to show u their actcually good

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jun 23, 2003, 01:32 AM
I never found leveling up to be a problem. In the early run as a force, you have to play pretty conservatively. That's because FOrces are frail - low hp, dfp & evp. You cannot go into a room and mele with the beasts and expect to live for long. You have to do a lot of dashing in and out of rooms. Kill one or two creatures at a time, run out, let the creatures reset, get the next couple, etc...

But as your MST rises and you find higher level tech discs, FOrces become more and more battle capable. This is still not an open invatation to mele, but after a while you can at least stay in the room and peg things from a distance. To give you an example, my lv116 FOnewearl with a Club of Laconium and Foie Merge and a lv30 Foie spell can do 942hp damage to a Bartle in ULT mode. What's better, depending on the size of the room and the bartle's placement, I can sometimes get rid of him without him ever moving into action, hence the sig below. ^_^

I guess my two points are that you have to have a little patience to start out with, as the rewards are worth it later, and be certain to play the class as it should be - techs first and mele skills second.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 23, 2003, 01:40 PM
i agree with Ayumu_Kasuga forces can become very strong in higher lvs once u have a lv 80 force their should be no problem.

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 23, 2003, 02:11 PM
It's not really that hard, my brother got corrupted lv.91 fomar and he was lv. 24 in 10 hours or so then lv. 29 the next day and he was using a buster, low lv techs and a diwari so it's not that hard. I gave him his Diwari he lent it to me.

Rokku
Jun 23, 2003, 02:17 PM
Well, it's agreed that most forces fight through techniques, however, I've found one slight exception..

I use a FOmar, and in the uppers of the 80's and 90's when it comes to levels, they can actually mix it up pretty well in melee combat, given the proper weaponry. My FOmar was conserving tons of TP by beating the daylights out of things with his Brave Knuckle.

..If you wanna fight melee, though..Paralysis is usually a must.

PhrozenPhoenix
Jun 23, 2003, 02:21 PM
well ya know, it's not that im impatient or anything, it's just that im not to great on the offensive with techs, which makes things very slow for Force leveling

MelancholyWitch
Jun 23, 2003, 04:17 PM
the only force u should use melee attacks are with the FOmar

Joe-Azlin
Jun 23, 2003, 04:42 PM
I like my FOmar and as soon as I can im gunna use psycho wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kadou
Jun 23, 2003, 06:17 PM
I use a FOmar and I Shifta/Deband myself then rely pirmarily on melee. Depending on what enemies are in the room I may mix in an occasional Rafoie, Razonde, Gibarta, or Grants. Currently, I'm only level 74, so the weapons I use most are Agito (AUW 2001) or G-Assassins Sabers.

Kent
Jun 24, 2003, 03:54 AM
On 2003-06-23 14:17, mexicanpride wrote:
the only force u should use melee attacks are with the FOmar

And the FOmarl. They have higher ATA, but considerably bit less ATP.

As a FOmar/l you'll be using mostly support techniques if you go the melee route. get high-level Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure and you'll be off pretty good, especially since you can dish out some serious damage with Shifta and Zalure at high levels, and you'll get EXP for all the enemies you cast Jellen and Zalure on.

LegendaryMage
Jun 24, 2003, 12:11 PM
Boy was I in for a rude awekening today when I tried to trade some of my best items for a Twin Brand, its not FO equipable. Looks like I'll be sticking to my double saber until I complete Challange and get enough ATP to equip an Srank twin.

Tip for you FOmars the first thing you need to focus on when meleeing is not your Atp but instead your Dfp and HP.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 24, 2003, 12:14 PM
Just have a frient help you.... offline....

Just use everything you have, and pick up lots of armors for money. You'll need it.

fireant
Jun 25, 2003, 12:03 AM
i agree with LegendaryMage Dfp and HP are more important that Atp becuse fomars have the lowest Dfp in the game.

JMaN166
Jun 25, 2003, 12:16 AM
tip for forces period. I've logged in about a good 1000 hours between pso dreamcast through gamecube to xbox. I love the game pso to death, but it shames me to see forces using any sort of attack weapon. I'm sorry but a force shouldn't do anything but SUPPORT the team and raise mst for SPELLS and dfp to survive. Atp isn't essential at all for forces...PERIOD. If you feel it is the only thing i have to say is good luck in ultimate trying to melee with hidelts.