PDA

View Full Version : GC: Why are people...

Kidzukai00
Jun 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
...so stereotypical of HUmars. Everyone seems to hate them. All over Antares 08, I see tons of people saying all this false crud about them, as if it was the end of the world. They're saying stuff like:

1. They always go around "adn typ lik tihs" and ask "NE1 HV BKB!1"

1. That's bull. I've never seen a HUmar outside of Vega asking for a BKB, which was even rare at that. As for spelling, I, and a bunch of people I know who are HUmars type exactly perfect, or at least readable, yet we're still deemed with the stereotype.

2. HUmars always use lewd chat symbols.

2. Naaaah, only usually jokingly or if they're 12 year old morons, or on a joke character to mess with people. I never see it. Hell, half the time it's a female character doing it when I'm there.

3. HUmars always use Dark Flow, 195 power Dreamcasts, and 250 power materials.

3. No, no, and no. Dark Flow? No-one uses it. If they're using the dupe, it's the Double Cannon or Tsumikiri anyways. 195 power mags? Morons. They don't need it, but they use it to use the Tsum. 250 power materials? It's amazing if you can get your hands on that much. I only used 150 myself, but after four corruptions it's reasonable.

Overall, the stereotypes of HUmars are BS. "No HUmar/BKB" games are bullshit anyways. What do you guys think?

DismantleMyMind
Jun 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
You know, I tried this on GameFaqs, it resulted in some flaming. But, it is true, 90% of HUmars are idiots. You aren't, I know, but many are.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 23, 2003, 01:32 PM
not me and i agree with Kidzukai00 other people are saying stuff about HUmars that anit true.

CGoodness
Jun 23, 2003, 01:38 PM
I am a HUmar, and from what people tell me, I am a great team player. I cast resta jellen and zalure and stuff. someone gave me a BKB +80 one time and i figured it was a dupe so i gave it away. I'll just stick with my Sange and Yasha or anything better that i can get legitly.

Octavian
Jun 23, 2003, 01:47 PM
Gave it away to FSOD? lol

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 23, 2003, 02:04 PM
The biggest idiot Humar is Bruce lee NK but us other Humars don't want to be based on the racist. Or there's serious dupers and hackers that use Humars because they can get better weapons most the time. Most Humars aren't like that either! So why pick on the good ligitimate people. Most the time forces are the worst with their 195 mst Sato so pick on them!

Dillon
Jun 23, 2003, 02:09 PM
Rofl..this is all funny. To all those who think HUmars are idiots:

Not only are you wrong, not ALL of them are, but, HUmars aren't the only class plagued by morons. I'm sure there's plenty of HUcasts, FOmars, etc. out there "dat tawk liek dis 2". So..what's the damn point in saying "ahahah HEWmars are teh stoopid!!1oneone"? Damn.

Valleo
Jun 23, 2003, 02:16 PM
Not all Humars are idiots but almost all the idiots choose to play Humars. Thats probably where the stereotype comes from.

Edit: Spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valleo on 2003-06-23 12:17 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jun 23, 2003, 02:16 PM
It's just the fact that most of the idiots that don't know how to play the game, play HUmars.

Dillon
Jun 23, 2003, 02:19 PM
Yup yup. I chose to play as one because not only do I like using Techs, but I also like close-combat fighting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif same reason I'm a Knight on Tibia.

Octavian
Jun 23, 2003, 02:44 PM
well, ill tell you what, I see many, many, many more snow queens, spread needles, and guld millas then i do bkb's and tj's. and also, those pink sato's are hacked 200 mst.

Dillon
Jun 23, 2003, 03:02 PM
Wtf? rofl..what does any of that have to do with HUmars being morons?

Octavian
Jun 23, 2003, 03:14 PM
what i'm trying to say is, HUmars arent the only morons.

Dan_theUltimate
Jun 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
HUmars rock. My main character is a HUmar.

dubba_maups
Jun 23, 2003, 03:36 PM
yes i am aware of the HUmar/bkb stereotype and i entered a room and used it and the ppl told me to stop nicely but i need the extra power ot help clear the level better but after i told them that they satyed on a while and then called me a NOOB repeatedly and left but o well i still use it occasionally but i use my nicca twin+250 sometimes too hee hee http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dime
Jun 23, 2003, 04:23 PM
Yesterday I played with two humars. One had devil wings and a Double cannon with a 195 pow mag. The other had Flame Garment, BKB, and that one mouse mag.

Looks like I'm stickin to hating HUmars. If I actually play with a decent one I'll change my mind.

Sonan
Jun 23, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-06-23 13:36, dubba_maups wrote:
i need the extra power ot help clear the level better

No you do not need a BKB to clear the level better. You need to use the weapons you have to clear the level better. The person wielding the weapon is a lot more important than the weapon itself. Reminds me of one time when a HUnoob asked me why my HUmar was using a Yamato because "it sux." I pointed out my Yamato was doing as much damage as his BKB. I asked him what his ATP was and it turned out to be the same as mine. I told him to learn to use his weapons, and he promptly left.

Kidzukai00
Jun 23, 2003, 06:52 PM
I don't know, I think HUmars are a good class, especially for beginners. I'm new to PSO on Gamecube (As of release-I couldn't get it on DC cause I didn't have one), and I just picked a HUmar cause of my character from something else. Once you know how to use them, and actually do it, they're decent.

Hunter4life
Jun 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah, the sterotype of a HUmar is probably the worst of all the classes. I've been lucky enough to never have been directly accused of duping/hacking etc. because of my being a HUmar, but i've seen way too many No HUmars/BKB games. I really hate people that judge other's personality soley based on their class.

Murky_Death
Jun 23, 2003, 07:37 PM
i'm tired of all those freaking humars. devil wings and bkbs. or angel wings and bkb if you a female. it's no fun playing in a game where you can't keep up b/c everything dead so quick.

Kidzukai00
Jun 23, 2003, 07:45 PM
Bwahahha. You'll be tired of my HUmar too once you're on the ground bleeding in BA mode. You're too stereotypical. I'm a HUmar, I use Devil Wings sometimes, hey, they're legit. I use BKB, hey, it's legit. I use Double Cannon, hey, it was legit. Corruption blows, that's why it turns people. You should talk, there's more HUcasts with BKB then I ever knew existed. There's more FOmars with Dark Bridge and Psycho Wand then there are males on PSO. Hell, Guld Milla and the Yas set seem pretty popular, eh?

rappy_slayer
Jun 24, 2003, 09:16 AM
a few of my very close friends online are HUmars and only a few use bkb's. but still, every single time a HUmar that i don't know enters my game, hes either using a tj, bkb, or dbl cannon. i dont really care much, until they start acting all big and bad around me. oh well, there are still a select few that i know that are really cool and im sure there are others out there somewhere[img]

-LordNikon-
Jun 24, 2003, 09:58 AM
The worst was playing on hard mode, with a HUmar Lv24 with a power mag and a BKB. I just started playing not really realizing what was happenening, and then I had one of those out of body experences. I just sat there and watched the unspeakable horror....

Its scenarios like this that completly destroy PSO. Oh the other guy was a ranger with a Spread needle Lv34. I was Lv41...and had a Mushashi+7. Now with the Delay of the Musashi, I don't care how fast I run up to the enemies....I barely ever got 1 experience point.

I think its too many scenarios like this that possibly have lead to this stereotype. Many people run into HUmars using an obviously duped BKB or ones looking for one.

Would be cool if somehow we could form a Legit PSO Gaming League or something. Would be cool.

boomaslayer
Jun 24, 2003, 10:01 AM
i play a humar, but i dontlike them...with them bkbs and sometimes when there is a humar maxed on hp mats dats uses a srank twin with beserk...dats worse than bkb! but one good point i stilll think the most anoying weapon i the heavens punisher

s.TiNgEr
Jun 24, 2003, 11:45 AM
huMars arent my favorites, but they work. I like their magic abilities, but my favorite hunter is that..... er..... elf thingy with daggers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*forgets name*

I'm such a noob

LegendaryMage
Jun 24, 2003, 11:54 AM
I like watching the POW mags backfire on the HUmars when they have no dfp or ata, those are always the ones who need reverser and resta constantly.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 24, 2003, 11:57 AM
good thing HuMars can learn Resta, but usually it doesn't work well, because of their low MST

Kidzukai00
Jun 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
Kinda funny. My HU has like... 700ish DFP and 900+EVA. His MST isn't that great, but considering I'm making constant Ruins runs, I think that Defense and Evasion is more important. H00mars that use BKB and 195/200 power MAGS get on my nerves, but that just shows how stupid they are to ruin the game for themselves, and how dumb they are that they can't find their own stuff. I had a "duped up" character, but I only play with him offline. I only did that cause I was corrupted. Now, I think a level 120 or anything higher, or even 100 with a 195/200 power MAG is pitiful. BKB, yeah, but power mag... MORON!

chuchu4
Jun 24, 2003, 08:27 PM
zzzzzz call me an idiot i can care less

Mystil
Jun 24, 2003, 09:20 PM
Speaking up for a friend who makes these no humar/bkb games. He has good reasons to hate the HUmar population. Yes there are good Humars, but they are far and wide. 80% of them are what they are. EXP stealing fanatics. But I know a class much worster.

Numein
Jun 24, 2003, 09:57 PM
I think you find that most Humars are morons because it's the first class people see when they go to choose a character, so I imagine that most noobs are Humars.

Auronius
Jun 24, 2003, 10:01 PM
I think it's the swords. n00bs like shiny stuff.

Shadow82
Jun 24, 2003, 10:02 PM
I just saw a buncha FOnewms showing dirty symbol chaats and saying dirty shit.

SP1218
Jun 24, 2003, 10:09 PM
The stereotype that people that use HUmars are n00bs/newbies will never go away. People nowadays pretty much expect HUmars to use dupes. If they see a HUmar with a name like Sephiroth, Goku, Gohan, SSJ *insert something here*, etc. that person is bound to be made fun of of using dupes (even if they might not use dupes).

But the fact of the matter is that, most HUmars are idiots or people who just don't care (this of course, doesn't only restrict to HUmars; there are plenty of people that use other characters that act the same way- idiotic, selfish, and what-not). I know of only 3 HUmars, besides myself, that do not use dupes. That is a very, very low percentage of people compared to the number of HUmars I see everyday.

Uncle_bob
Jun 24, 2003, 10:12 PM
Listen Kidzukaij00 whatever your name is..You know what? I'm just gonna call you Bob to make it easier. (This is the person you talked to on AIM earlier) Bob, the reason people are stereotypical of them is because... God I'm tired of saying why, you already know why, Bob. And if ANYONE is saying "false crud" it's YOU. You automaticly assumed that I use a Psycho wand because I'm a Fo. Damn Bob, don't complain about stereotypes when you automaticly assume every Fo uses a Psycho Wand (It is true, most do use it).

And the stereotypes of Homars AREN'T B.S., the stereotype of a humar is: Idiot, can't read or type well, has to use dupes, likes to piss people off for his own satisfaction. Well, this fits almost every Humar on PSO.

You are the one that is full of B.S, Bob... By joining my team as a Humar, you will only be proving the Humar stereotype is true.

-Chaos

Shadow82
Jun 24, 2003, 10:21 PM
U just called Fomar Homar.HAHAHA!!!Oh and Humars dont say shit (well at least I dont) whoever does is just a stupid prick.Sooooooooo why not just ignore them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow82 on 2003-06-24 20:22 ]</font>

Shadow82
Jun 24, 2003, 10:24 PM
Oh and a majority of PSO (bout 65%) is a HUmar so ur saying most of them are stupid and say shit?Anyone can use dupes.

Uncle_bob
Jun 24, 2003, 10:27 PM
On 2003-06-24 20:21, Shadow82 wrote:
U just called Fomar Homar.HAHAHA!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow82 on 2003-06-24 20:22 ]</font>

Shhh! That was intentional if you didn't notice..

Madd
Jun 24, 2003, 10:29 PM
WTF!!! How does choosing a characer class make someone an idiot?

SP1218
Jun 24, 2003, 10:29 PM
And the stereotypes of Homars AREN'T B.S., the stereotype of a humar is: Idiot, can't read or type well, has to use dupes, likes to piss people off for his own satisfaction. Well, this fits almost every Humar on PSO.

That's the problem. Most people know the stereotype (or made up their own), but whenever they see a HUmar, they automatically standardize the HUmar as being a dupe-user. This, of course, automatically hurts the HUmars that are NOT what the general conception is. At least you say "almost", but then again, there isn't any mention of allowing the HUmars that do not dupe in your teams (No HUmars/BKB)... heh

THE_MERCENARY
Jun 24, 2003, 10:35 PM
gesh this is a game people will talk bad but why care their only friend is pso

Delsaber
Jun 24, 2003, 10:38 PM
I like the HUmar, not my favorite but I like them all the same. Yes, it is true, the majority of punks that you see are HUmars. That does not make all HUmars bad. I say, if they look decent, give them a chance. Don't judge a book by it's cover. I was very helpful when I played online on D/C. Since I had Shifta/Deband in those days I cast it like crazy on everyone, especially if they were lower leveled and I was helping them level up.

You shouldn't just assume that someone is going to be an ass, give 'em a chance. If they turn out to be an ass then ditch them. Hell, they may turn out to be a nice person and you might just make a new friend.

EDIT: Left out part of a word... ugh..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-06-24 20:40 ]</font>

phasma
Jun 25, 2003, 03:12 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=56082&forum=11&2

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=55153&forum=11&max_posts=25

Kidzukai00, I think you've dug yourself into a deeeeeeep hole with this thread...

I've never seen a HUmar outside of Vega asking for a BKB, which was even rare at that.

*cough* do you ever go online?!?! If it's not a BKB then it's something else equally pissing-off. Granted, it's not only HUmars who do this, but the simple fact of the matter is that for most people, it's idiotical HUmars with no sense of how to communicate that offend over and over..

or on a joke character to mess with people.

That's the kinda thing that an utter dipshit would do. Don't try and make it sound een vaguely acceptable.

Dark Flow? No-one uses it. If they're using the dupe, it's the Double Cannon or Tsumikiri anyways.

Well, exactly... and you blame people for being prejudice because of it?!?!?

195 power mags? Morons. They don't need it, but they use it to use the Tsum.

Again, you're only adding to the argument that a significant amount of HUmars are total pillocks..

I don't think you've put forward one valid point from your whole argument. Everything you have said you've either doubled back on, or it's been total crap. I doubt a single person here would be pissed off if they played a good game, with a decent HUmar like yourself. But we're talking about the large number of HUmars who DO do things that would bug anyone, and when they play in the most popular ships and do the things that attract most attention, people will remember these experiences, and who could blame them??

No one is saying all HUmars are like this, but of course people will be somewhat stereotypical of them when the ones that stick in their minds are the ones who act like buttcrumpets. Maybe all you need to do is see things from the perspective of the victim of an exp stealing 13 year old HUmar, or the hundredth double cannon weilding HUmar you have played with this week.. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter, like so many people on these boards and online. Yet, with the points you've made and the HUmars we've seen online time and again, it's no surprise.

edit for grammar... rooooarr!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phasma on 2003-06-25 01:16 ]</font>

no1
Jun 25, 2003, 04:57 AM
I am a HUmar and I don't dupe. The reason I took a HUmar was because the force I played on DC version 1 sucked. I thought that being a Hunter would be better on the GC version. Guess not.. forces are super charged.

Anyhow, I love being a HUmar. I didn't really want to be a HUcaseal or an android, because I like using techs. If there isn't a mage in the game, then I act like one. I cast Zalure and Jellen, resta, etc. I have played with other HUmars who obviously cheat and it sucks. I have to start casting rafoie when I enter a room just to be sure I get some exp.

Yes, most HUmars seem to cheat, but there are some good ones out and about.
I think the reason some people choose HUmars is because you can make a good looking one. I haven't changed my costume since I started playing and use Yamatos because they make me look cool! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And I look dynamite with my blue Diwari... maybe I should make a white one to make me look better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

phasma
Jun 25, 2003, 05:18 AM
no1 displaying that instead of complaining about others dissing HUmars, he actually ENJOYS being one!!! *gassssp*

most intelligent reply i've seen on this thread

goooooood show dood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CorneliusPower
Jun 25, 2003, 07:56 AM
kidzukai get over it. theres a certain group of humars out there that simply represent what you displayed on your original post. consider yourself one of the humars that arent like that, plain and simple..get over it.

Qragono
Jun 25, 2003, 09:30 AM
ive played with plenty of RAs the use heavens punisher and spreads that wipes out a room n 3 shot and FOs use those lv 30 rafoies that takes out another whole room.other classes can use dupes 2 not just humars.how can a hu wipe out a whole room with a bkb when u can only hit 1 enemy at a stinkin time.these bullcrap games that say No HUmarBKB suk and i join just 2 get mad at me bcause HUs r one of the best.dont hate em bcause they r strong

deathdragon2006
Jun 25, 2003, 08:53 PM
same here the stereotypes i hate them but i'm at a low level i have other mags and stuff but i use a 195 power mag just to level up but once i'm at a good level i will switch to another one i have but thats it
characters
Ryudesu lvl 25
deathdragon1 lvl 5
if anyone wants to chat just look at my profile !!!!

deathdragon2006
Jun 25, 2003, 09:06 PM
also i'm a HUmar but i don't cheat or dupe or hack but i dont' give a shizzle about it yeah it kinda pisses me off that they come in the god damn room and clear everything out before you get one hit off anything but i'm one of the good hunters with many friends:P but it's fun the people i hate are those people that like cuss you out for no reason they are the real asses of this game i know that but as most of you said stereotypes: the average idiot. . . . i'm the village idiot:p but i can spell well i used to play the gamecube ver. of pso now i play xbox ver.
but the worst is when some kid around lvl 7 doesn't have a weapon and asks for a shot!!!!!!!

Dime
Jun 25, 2003, 09:14 PM
met two more Humars. Both couldn't type, said LOL every 5 seconds, used duped mags, 1 used ASUKA, other used BKB. Both always went ahead, both died when they went ahead.

Nai_Calus
Jun 25, 2003, 10:45 PM
I like my HUmar. I realise that he sucks, and always will suck, but I still like him. I like the way he looks(No, no spiky hair or the black/yellow costume. Dark brown ponytail, green eyes(second face, not fourth), dark grey costume with red accents(last one, first row). Looks a bit like a messed-up samurai.), I like his averageness. Sure, HUcast has better ATP. HUnewearl has better MST. HUcaseal now that she exists has better ATA. But they specialise and sacrifice other things for those better stats. HUnewearls sacrifice HP and ATP and a bit of ATA... HUcasts have horrible ATA. HUcaseals also sacrifice ATP. My HUmar is just a nice basic rounded character with nice basic average stats. I like that. I like my 17/115/8/60 Rati and how that stat arangement suits him just fine.
...I do however hate his tech animation with mechguns. BLAH what the heck is with -that-? XD

You should play with me, Dime, not that you can since I'm offline only. ^^ After 101 levels with my HUmar I know how to take care of myself. I've even learned, playing on Multimode with other people, how to take care of -other- people... And how to neglect them horribly when they refuse to take care of you. >P Fine, FOmarl, don't want to use Resta, even on yourself, even though you've got double range? Don't whine at me when you die because you were too lazy to do it yourself and expected me to do it from halfway across the room when you ran off to go open boxes and got bitchslapped by a stray Dimenian. >P ...And for the love of god, if you stick me with Resta duty, don't whine when I run out of Difluids from J/Zing everything and healing myself and you other people as necessary, and let me go back to frigging P2 so I can get some more. -_-; ...Sorry, the people I've played with are horrible team players. I should have just ran off and killed things by myself. I would have gotten more exp that way, and maybe even things to sell to buy more Difluids. >P ...Except I would have had to listen to their bitching when they died.

PumpkinKing
Jun 25, 2003, 11:14 PM
there aint SHIT wrong with humars, i mainly see ra's talkin shit and usin dirty cs's
i never thought there wud b like racism on a fuckin GAME

jonny-5
Jun 25, 2003, 11:22 PM
I enjoy my Humar, but I do realize that the majority of the idiots in this game are Humars... myself excluded of course http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif