PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

Orange_Coconut
Jun 24, 2003, 02:51 AM
Hey there, I was playing battle mode with a friend of mine and we invited this other guy along with us as well.

Now, you know how there are rules to some battles, right? Well this guy who came with us just wanted to fight in the VR temple. This would be fine, besides that fact that he was level 54 and my friend was level 24.

I suggested that we play a preset battle mode game, and he didn't want to do that, he just wanted to fight.

So I thought, eh, I can take him on and protect my friend.... That's when his leve 102 buddy came into the game. I was thinking to myself... Is this a fair fight? Oh, that's right, it's NOT!

So I was like "uh-huh..." and told my friend I'd be right back. I grabbed my force, Lina, who's level 122 just to hopefully shoo them off, but they didn't budge (oii). Instead they wanted to battle. Now, nobody was giving my friend a chance, she's frickin' level 24 and she's new to online. I kept seeing the level 54 guy killing her in 1 hit so I kept reviving her.

When the level 102 guy came down he said that there was only one rule to be passed, no megid. I thought, "fair enough, it IS a cheap spell". But all HE did was keep shooting his Frozen Shooter so that I couldn't even budge! Plus none of my techs killed him in 1 hit so I was kinda screwed (He was a RAmar so he'd use resta). I eventually got him down once, after he got me down like 2-3 times. Then he said (I really got a kick outta this):

"No techs, they're cheap."

I was like, "Uh..."

So he started saying that I was a panzy, then started swearing at me because I wouldn't agree with him to fight the battle as a MELEE FONEWEARL. Who in their right mind would frickin' fight MELEE with a FOnewearl against a Ranger with a Frozen Shooter? Let alone against a Ranger WITHOUT a Frozen Shooter.

This guy was just swearing at me because I wouldn't fight him, and my friend was telling him that she'd battle (It was a noble thing to do, no matter the level) but he said "You're not fighting this battle"... So she just said "bye" and left...

That got me pissed off, I tried exaplaining to them that she was new online and she only wanted to have fun. But the level 102 guy didn't listen and started calling me a (this is actually what he said, not what I am saying as a flame or anything)a fag, then he started calling me a pussy and whatnot I was just like :

"Ur not worth it" (Yes those were my exact words, I have no keyboard. :/

I just walked off while he was cussing at me calling me a wuss.

Now if I'm wrong on this subject, then I'll delete what I just said here. But I personally believe what I did was the right thing. These two people were jerks...

Seriously though, I would never melee with my FOnewearl against someone around my own level. Well, although he was around 22 levels lower then me, my FOnewearl can't take damage nor deal it very well. Especially when you can't budge because you're getting frozen every half-second.... *sigh*

I just had to get that out, sorry.

Vanango
Jun 24, 2003, 03:17 AM
first time I battled was with a Ramar with a frozen shooter. He had a bunch of levels on me and I was also a Fonewearl. As soon as I got into the field he shot me and killed me instantly. I waited for him to revive me but he wouldn't even move. I asked him to revive me and he said no. I asked him why and he said it was b/c he had no moons.

So I went back to town since he refused to and lost all of my meseta. I went back to the field again to try and drop moons and zap, killed me again from across the "room".

This went on because I didn't know better and I'm just a competitive person, I came close to killing him and at that point he swore a lot and started calling me all sorts of things and just being really pathetic and telling me I wasn't worth his time and how weak I was.

If you are going to battle someone at least make it a little fair. I joined the game b/c a friend asked me to and he DCed before he got a chance to get into the field.

--

so I don't think you were wrong at all. Fos definately have an advantage in battle mode, especially because they are so easy to tweak. When you are playing that battle mode it's rarely going to be fair but when you act like an asshole it doesn't help.

It take the fun out of the game and then it just becomes pointless. I was angry after my game and refused to play battle b/c I didn't want to deal with people like that again but when you play with friends it a lot more fun.

Oh, and this:

I will not play at tug o’ war.
I’d rather play at hug o’ war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.

Trickstr
Jun 24, 2003, 04:16 AM
Can i join that tug of war?
anyway besides all the bad things I've heard i want to get online soon.

Ness
Jun 24, 2003, 07:42 AM
I hate people like that. The think they are so 1337, but when you defeat them they go around saying how cheap you are.

BrokenHope
Jun 24, 2003, 07:44 AM
I don't understand the no megid rule, if people aren't smart enough to counter it with dark resists then it's there own fault if they keep dying to it.

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 10:40 AM
One Word:

Hell Raygun. =3

Then they'll say, "No special attacks!", and you still get 'em in one hit, and then reply with, "Nah, you're just being ignorant, childish, and stupid."

And leave the game.

Mizu
Jun 24, 2003, 11:39 AM
Next time someone does that to you, start going on how they are just a sourpuss, if they ask you how, say because your whining that I killed/destroyed and now your bitchin around of it.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 24, 2003, 12:04 PM
WEll, thats when you shoot megid at him while hes typing..hahaha then dont revive him and if his friend does kill him w/megid, so on and so on until they leave.

Mystil
Jun 24, 2003, 12:36 PM
This is not deja vu, this person posted this SAME topic one time before. The post is the exactly the same...or maybe it is deja vu....oh this is too weird!

Anyhow, ...It's obvious he wanted an easy fight with being so high in level and your friend so low. >_< sad that your friend already had to experience PSO ignorance first time on.

Dime
Jun 24, 2003, 03:39 PM
That hug of war quotes gives me an unsupressable insntinct to KILL.

Aurra
Jun 24, 2003, 04:26 PM
lol, that RAmar sounds like a grade-A dumbass.

::glad I never play battle mode with anyone::

Khaotika
Jun 24, 2003, 04:50 PM
This is why I avoid battle.

THIS Ramar would rather play co-op.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Khao

polishedweasel
Jun 25, 2003, 03:54 AM
I never got into battle mode too much, but when I did, I had a hell of a time. It was the best PSO experience I ever had. There were rules though. That's probably what made it so fun.

But you have to remember my little nutty buddy, the age range on this game is really big, I have a 11 year old brother that plays this game. He enjoys battle mode, but he's one of the nicer people. I am too. We help when it's needed and we make sure that we are very kind to the people that deserve it.

There's no reason to big a dickhole on the internet. Do you think that same person would act like that to your face? Probably not. I'd like to see some 14 year old get in my face calling me a fag..he he...that'd be funny.

BTW I'm about 6'1" and 190 lbs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 06:11 AM
On 2003-06-24 13:39, Dime wrote:
That hug of war quotes gives me an unsupressable insntinct to KILL.

you just need to get in touch with yourself, come on now, Coom-by-a my lord....

Shimarisu
Jun 25, 2003, 06:49 AM
Lot of losers in battle mode.

I'm not going to accuse them of running away because it *might* have been an accident, but last night some FOmarl ditched me back in the lobby after I won one battle against her, then I stood around saying "Give me your guild card, we can have a rematch later, I'm sure you'll beat me." (because it was a close run thing)

Anyway, with no response, I found myself back in the lobby. Ah well. She already had admitted to duping, that's why I insisted on starting low level.

- Shimarisu