PDA

View Full Version : a rant on reality

Trickstr
Jun 24, 2003, 04:29 AM
I'm sick of reality, life can turn around and decapitate people were they stand (meterphorically off coarse) for example here are all my freinds:
Liam (family of very healthy people dad died last year of cancer)
Podric (died 3 times has a pace maker in him)
Colin (social outcast, not many people like him, always teased)
see shit can happen to the best of people...

Ness
Jun 24, 2003, 07:38 AM
Are these PSOW members of real people? Also I don't mean to sound cruel, but what makes you think that anyone cares about Podric Somebody from Nowhere, Austrailia?? Or Colin Whatsherface from Anywhere, Austrailia. That is just like me coming here to rant about a teacher/person/classmate you guys don't know and could care less about.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 24, 2003, 10:16 AM
im afraid i haft to agree with ness. maybe if u specified exactly who these people are or somthing, we might understand better. as it is now tho, this post doesnt make much sense. (other than a rant no one gets)

cheers

Asuka_chan
Jun 24, 2003, 12:35 PM
On 2003-06-24 05:38, Ness wrote:
Are these PSOW members of real people? Also I don't mean to sound cruel, but what makes you think that anyone cares about Podric Somebody from Nowhere, Austrailia?? Or Colin Whatsherface from Anywhere, Austrailia. That is just like me coming here to rant about a teacher/person/classmate you guys don't know and could care less about.

I don't really think that's fair, I mean, obviously if he's coming here to rant about it, it's upsetting him a fair bit. Even if you don't care about these people, you could care about another PSOW member enough to be a little sympathetic and understanding. If YOU came here to rant about a teacher/person/classmate, I'm sure there would be some people who would agree with you and show sympathy, even though they have no idea who the hell you're talking about.

ABDUR101
Jun 24, 2003, 01:16 PM
Reality is what grounds you to everything that is, the good and the bad.

You're never going to escape it, even though you can dream and wonder about everything except the reality of it all, you're still smack dab in the middle of it, even as you dream.

You might as well accept it and deal with it, because no one can ever run away from reality, it's always waiting in the end.(Nevermind the facades that are put up, but inevitably fall)

I know alot of bad shit that happens to alot of people, the best of them can shrug it off and say "Thats how it is, but it's not going to mess with me". I try and live up to that as much as I can, even though I trip quite often.

AgentNitz
Jun 24, 2003, 01:25 PM
my advice: drink heavily

Ness
Jun 24, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-06-24 10:35, Asuka_chan wrote:
I don't really think that's fair, I mean, obviously if he's coming here to rant about it, it's upsetting him a fair bit.

I put the important part of this quote in bold.

To me it doesn't matter how upsetting some thing is. I have my own problems to worry about and I don't need someone else's on top of mine.

Even if you don't care about these people, you could care about another PSOW member enough to be a little sympathetic and understanding.

Now if he were posting about a lost father, brother, mother or another member of the immediate family, then it would be understandable, these people are Joe Blow off the streets of nowhere as far as I'm concerned.

If YOU came here to rant about a teacher/person/classmate, I'm sure there would be some people who would agree with you and show sympathy, even though they have no idea who the hell you're talking about.

But I'm never going to make a rant about a person/teacher/classmate because I know that most people here could care less. Why would I waste their time? Now if that person/teacher/classmate was a person here at PSO World than it would be a whole different ball game because it is someone that the people here actually know or could have known.

The words are in bold because they refer to one person. Meaning that only mone person could really relate to the problem.

ABDUR101
Jun 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
...finally understand some of the english language there ness? o_O

Of course those words refer to a single person, duh. That doesn't mean others can't be sympathetic and understanding.

My neighbor has cancer and is going to die.

There, that was an example. You have no idea who the hell my neighbor is, but that doesn't mean that nobody cares. Just because you don't isn't a vouch for others.

Asuka_chan
Jun 24, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-06-24 11:29, Ness wrote:

On 2003-06-24 10:35, Asuka_chan wrote:
I don't really think that's fair, I mean, obviously if he's coming here to rant about it, it's upsetting him a fair bit.

To me it doesn't matter how upsetting some thing is. I have my own problems to worry about and I don't need someone else's on top of mine.

Even if you don't care about these people, you could care about another PSOW member enough to be a little sympathetic and understanding.

Now if he were posting about a lost father, brother, mother or another member of the immediate family, then it would be understandable, these people are Joe Blow off the streets of nowhere as far as I'm concerned.

If YOU came here to rant about a teacher/person/classmate, I'm sure there would be some people who would agree with you and show sympathy, even though they have no idea who the hell you're talking about.

But I'm never going to make a rant about a person/teacher/classmate because I know that most people here could care less. Why would I waste their time? Now if that person/teacher/classmate was a person here at PSO World than it would be a whole different ball game because it is someone that the people here actually know or could have known.

The words are in bold because they refer to one person. Meaning that only mone person could really relate to the problem.

Sorry if I offended you, I had NO idea that my standing up for someone could receive such a negative response. If you really don't care about who he is talking about, then why did you even bother replying to his post?

AgentNitz
Jun 24, 2003, 01:53 PM
cause we're all a buncha ppl that need to feel superior by belittling other ppls beliefs therefor making us feel like ours our better?(bit repetitious but oh well) it's like somethin i heard a while ago, at any given time only 1/3 of the class is listening, so just say it 3 times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Jun 24, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-06-24 11:42, Asuka_chan wrote:

Sorry if I offended you, I had NO idea that my standing up for someone could receive such a negative response. If you really don't care about who he is talking about, then why did you even bother replying to his post?

Offended me? No way! Also I didn't consider that standing up for someone because he wasn't under siege in the first place (or atleast I wasn't trying to put him under siege). I'm sorry if you thought my response was negative; I was just speaking my mind. Because I for one am tired of people ranting about drama in their lives and I had to let it out somewhere. So why not here?

Mizu
Jun 24, 2003, 05:07 PM
I noticed these stupid reality shows are getting out of hand. I don't see how people can watch this stupid fake stuff.

Right now, the most popular looks like American/Canadian Idle. They look too fake to be true to me. It looks more like people who have qualified to start any kind of singing career just happen to be there.

Asuka_chan
Jun 24, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-06-24 14:33, Ness wrote:

Offended me? No way! Also I didn't consider that standing up for someone because he wasn't under siege in the first place (or atleast I wasn't trying to put him under siege). I'm sorry if you thought my response was negative; I was just speaking my mind. Because I for one am tired of people ranting about drama in their lives and I had to let it out somewhere. So why not here?

Well, if you're tired of people ranting about the drama in their lives, post it on a different thread because obviously he feels bad enough about what's happening to his friends.

Shadow2290
Jun 24, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-06-24 14:33, Ness wrote:

On 2003-06-24 11:42, Asuka_chan wrote:

You speak about wasting people's time when you yourself are wasting our time venting on a topic much more sensitive than your age about lifes little dramas. Go make your own topic so I can ignore it.

p.s I find rants board too entertaining to ignore posting.

Ness
Jun 24, 2003, 06:12 PM
On 2003-06-24 15:23, Shadow2290 wrote:

You speak about wasting people's time when you yourself are wasting our time venting on a topic much more sensitive than your age about lifes little dramas. Go make your own topic so I can ignore it.

It's ironic really. Asuka just finished talking about how I gave him a negative response for expressing his opinion, and what do I get? What goes around comes around I guess. Also why am I wasting your time? It was your choice to read my post or even come to this topic in the first place.

Shimarisu
Jun 24, 2003, 06:13 PM
Trickstr, ignore him. If he feels nothing in his soul about other people then he is not worth listening to.

- Shimarisu

lolita edit: do you understand the rule: no flaming?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-24 23:43 ]</font>

Asuka_chan
Jun 24, 2003, 08:19 PM
On 2003-06-24 16:12, Ness wrote:

On 2003-06-24 15:23, Shadow2290 wrote:

It's ironic really. Asuka just finished talking about how I gave him a negative response for expressing his opinion, and what do I get? What goes around comes around I guess. Also why am I wasting your time? It was your choice to read my post or even come to this topic in the first place.

I agree with Ness on this one. If you don't want your time "wasted", go somewhere else. Besides, how much of your time was wasted anyway? Maybe 30-40 seconds? Obviously if you're on these boards, Shadow, you're not really worrying about saving time, right?

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 12:42 AM
I dont care if you don't care about these people but i'm adding something now complaining about Humans.
Today I and a group of people learned that someone we knew a while back (no-one realy liked her including me) was going to die in about six months emidiatly jokes arose like "looks like the doctor is putting it down". Human harshness is unbeleivable

Asuka_chan
Jun 25, 2003, 12:45 AM
On 2003-06-24 22:42, Trickstr wrote:
I dont care if you don't care about these people but i'm adding something now complaining about Humans.
Today I and a group of people learned that someone we knew a while back (no-one realy liked her including me) was going to die in about six months emidiatly jokes arose like "looks like the doctor is putting it down". Human harshness is unbeleivable

Oh my god... that's so mean! How could they- how could ANYONE- say something like that? I'm seriously at a loss for words...

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 12:49 AM
As far as i'm concered reality can go to hell thats why i like to read...

Droxitr
Jun 25, 2003, 01:10 AM
1. Ness... just stop talking. If it doesn't mean anything to you, why did you post?

2. Asuka_Chan, hehe. Your sig.

3. Trickstr, I get how you feel. There is this boy at school that NOBODY likes. Not so much arbitrary discrimination, but he can be a real ass and not notice.

He will walk up to random people talking, butt into their conversation, and usually contradict one of them without knowing what they are talking about. And then he makes a big show of being pissed off after they basically tell him to get lost.

He's done this to me several times. Usually about Dungeons and Dragons, we have a couple of groups at our school. He knows next to nothing about the game, and will correct me ALL the time and be way off the mark. Annoying as hell.

Obviously, I don't like him very much. Nevertheless, I feel bad when others make fun of him behind his back and try to avoid doing so myself. Sometimes, my stupid conscience makes me actually defend him when other people just point-blank tell him to fuck off.

He's going to a different school next year, though. So it's no big deal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. Ness, that is what is called sympathy. Caring not because I have to, but because Trickstr is another person with a similar condition or event present in their life.

Thank you. This public service announcement was brought to you by the Droxitr Is Bored commitee. (DIB)

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 01:14 AM
well actually i'm the one that gets baged alot and is annoying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif , anyway Ness is entitled to his own opinion and if he doesn't care, I dont mind, so please give him a break.

LollipopLolita
Jun 25, 2003, 01:45 AM
quit the flaming and the incessant bickering.

polishedweasel
Jun 25, 2003, 03:45 AM
Well there seems to be a bit of bad luck going on around me recently too. It all started when my GF went to Georgia to visit her family..the worst thing was the breaking in of my car and the looting of everything of value in it. but at least noone died...*dies* blarg... Life sucks, learn to deal with it, get some faith and just ride the waves of pain...waves of pain?? I'm going to bed now.

Ness
Jun 25, 2003, 05:49 AM
On 2003-06-24 23:14, Trickstr wrote:
well actually i'm the one that gets baged alot and is annoying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif , anyway Ness is entitled to his own opinion and if he doesn't care, I dont mind, so please give him a break.

Yeah, listen to the man!

Trickstr, ignore him. If he feels nothing in his soul about other people then he is not worth listening to.

I do show sympathy. Did you read when I said that if he was talking about a parent, sibling, or grndparent then it would be understandable because everybody has a mom and a dad and amny people have brothers and sisters so it is something we can all sympathize with. But not every one knows Colin or Podric.

That's all I was saying.

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 06:08 AM
On 2003-06-25 01:45, polishedweasel wrote:
Well there seems to be a bit of bad luck going on around me recently too. It all started when my GF went to Georgia to visit her family..the worst thing was the breaking in of my car and the looting of everything of value in it. but at least noone died...*dies* blarg... Life sucks, learn to deal with it, get some faith and just ride the waves of pain...waves of pain?? I'm going to bed now.

you understand this words importance now do you? O_o

Shimarisu
Jun 25, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-06-24 16:13, Shimarisu wrote:

- Shimarisu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-24 23:43 ]</font>

So him saying "I don't care that some people you know died, because I don't basically know them?" is NOT flaming?

But you're right though, I don't need to point out what I think of him, because he's demostrated his attitude for the forum to see, and well - if you think he hasn't flamed ME lately you should check other posts.

- Shimarisu

Daikarin
Jun 25, 2003, 06:54 AM
On 2003-06-24 22:42, Trickstr wrote:
Today I and a group of people learned that someone we knew a while back (no-one realy liked her including me) was going to die in about six months emidiatly jokes arose like "looks like the doctor is putting it down".

How would they feel if someone launched a wise-crack at the seriousness of one of their own problems?
Maybe you'll see one of those players on the "Rant section".

That's what I hate about some people - The unability to stop joking when they reach a limit.

I don't know that friend of yours, and I doubt anyone reading this does. But one thing I'm sure: Whether we care about someone else on that PSO virtual world or not, we all feel something burning inside when we know somebody somewhere on the planet is under life hazard.

Ness
Jun 25, 2003, 11:41 AM
On 2003-06-25 04:39, Shimarisu wrote:

On 2003-06-24 16:13, Shimarisu wrote:

- Shimarisu

So him saying "I don't care that some people you know died, because I don't basically know them?" is NOT flaming?

But you're right though, I don't need to point out what I think of him, because he's demostrated his attitude for the forum to see, and well - if you think he hasn't flamed ME lately you should check other posts.

- Shimarisu

I haven't flamed you once. And saying what I said to Trickstr cannot be considered a flame because I wasn't insulting him. If you really have a problem with me (which I don't see why seeing as that I barely know you) PM me.

Trickstr
Jun 26, 2003, 01:41 AM
guys please stop as far as I'm concerned no-one needs to apologise, i'm complaining about everything and people fight in my thread...

Aero_Ruisu
Jun 26, 2003, 01:57 AM
Thats what makes life the greatest risk of all no one gets out alive. I live by hoping for the least expecting the worst and living like every day is my last.

Aero_Ruisu
Jun 26, 2003, 02:01 AM
Death shouldn't be something people fear or sympathize it is the beginning of rebirth into a new spirituality. I have always wonder why people cry for the deceased. Death is the only thing in life we are sure to get.

Trickstr
Jun 26, 2003, 02:22 AM
its because there not cring for the dead but everyone who will miss them, seeing liam cry at his dads funeral is the most inpacting thing I ever have seen...

Daikarin
Jun 26, 2003, 05:30 AM
On 2003-06-26 00:01, Aero_Ruisu wrote:
I have always wonder why people cry for the deceased.

I don't think you should exaggerate. Death is certain, but it's still painful.

Wewt
Jun 26, 2003, 05:51 AM
I have always wonder why people cry for the deceased.
Ever lost someone you really cared about?

Ness
Jun 26, 2003, 06:31 AM
Death shouldn't be something people fear or sympathize it is the beginning of rebirth into a new spirituality. I have always wonder why people cry for the deceased. Death is the only thing in life we are sure to get.

Not everyone here believes that you go to a "better place" after you die. People cry for their desceased because they will never see them again.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2003, 03:26 PM
I have had alot of people die throughout my life, and where I work(Nursing home, get attached to the residents), but I don't cry about it. I don't expect anyone to cry for me when I go either, but no doubt there will be. Thats just how it goes.

Some people cry because they fear for the ones they lost, and they cry because they lost someone that they loved or enjoyed the company of, others don't cry because sometimes dieing is a mercy for some, and some don't cry because thats just another part of life.

You can't get mad at anyone for doing any of the above, everyone has their own reasons.

Ness
Jun 26, 2003, 04:10 PM
On 2003-06-26 13:26, ABDUR101 wrote:
I have had alot of people die throughout my life, and where I work(Nursing home, get attached to the residents), but I don't cry about it. I don't expect anyone to cry for me when I go either, but no doubt there will be. Thats just how it goes.

Some people cry because they fear for the ones they lost, and they cry because they lost someone that they loved or enjoyed the company of, others don't cry because sometimes dieing is a mercy for some, and some don't cry because thats just another part of life.

You can't get mad at anyone for doing any of the above, everyone has their own reasons.

*wipes tear from cheek

That was beautiful.