PDA

View Full Version : DC: Bad rumor about PSO servers?

-LordNikon-
Jun 24, 2003, 10:08 AM
Well some people on DC PSO and some other forums are saying that sega said that they would be pulling down Dreamcast PSO in September. Is there any truth to this? I am full aware of their current agenda for taking down other games by the end of this month. But it was clearly stated that PSO for dreamcast would stay up and running. I am on both GC and DC as well still....and was considering upgrading my DC pso to a version 2 account....so this is why I am bringing this up.

I tried calling the support lines but it runs you through like 12 loops and redirects, couldn't get the part where I could talk to a representative. So maybe one of the site admins here could get some info from sega on this and post it. That would be great.

Thanx, -lordnikon

satoshi1
Jun 24, 2003, 10:12 AM
If you're on DC and GC (and obviously PC) then why are you playing the older versions? Are you doing it just for the quests? cause that seems really weird... playing two or three versions of PSO at the same time, are you paying for hunter's licenses on all of them?

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 10:22 AM
Shouldn't it been obvious why Sega took down their own servers?

Sonic Team handles the servers, not Sega. As long as they get money, the servers will stay up.

Oh, and just because they use an older version doesn't mean they can afford newer ones.

satoshi1
Jun 24, 2003, 10:28 AM
If you're on DC and GC (and obviously PC) then why are you playing the older versions? Are you doing it just for the quests? cause that seems really weird... playing two or three versions of PSO at the same time, are you paying for hunter's licenses on all of them?

-LordNikon-
Jun 24, 2003, 10:28 AM
In Regards To satoshi1's post: I am on Dreamcast v1 and I am on GameCube. DCv1 is free to play online, I just am currently paying for GC HL. I do not play PC version(don't think i even mentioned that one).

But I also run a website titled 'onlineconsoles' that covers online gaming on console systems. Not only do I have friends on both GC and DC versions of PSO, but I also am trying to get involved with the members at the site etc etc. I have different chars on each system, and I am currently playing 2 on the DC and 1 on the GC. The site is rather new having just started in late april.

I was going to upgrade 1 of my DC char to version 2, so i could start lvling him above Lv 100. I have the money...so i don't see the big deal. People on cube play 4 chars on a single memory card. I don't see how me having 3 chars spanning across 2 systems is any different.

Anyone know anything about that server question though?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-06-24 08:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-06-24 08:30 ]</font>

-LordNikon-
Jun 24, 2003, 10:34 AM
Shapiro: Yes it is obvious why sega took their servers down, sega is in financial trouble, and the way many seganet games were set up was they had servers in every city across the united states so that users could have good pings over dialup. Very expensive paying all those colocation fees.

--

My question was asking whether anyone has any information disproving or proving a rumor that the PSO dreamcsat servers would be shutting down this fall.

-LordNikon

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 06:45 PM
the fun thin about dreamcast is that u can kill people in lobbies if u have gameshark and get famous for it. then u have ur own gang

-LordNikon-
Jun 24, 2003, 08:01 PM
Amazing how people are jsut replying to this post with whatever comes to their mind. Guess i'll go somewhere else for this info.

satoshi1
Jun 24, 2003, 08:06 PM
whoa, musta double posted or something, sorry

i thought i read PC, sorry again