PDA

View Full Version : The truth about luck

Jarath
Jun 24, 2003, 01:24 PM
I've been trying to nail down the true purpose of the luck stat. I know it dictates how often you critical, but I wonder about its other functions. Some of my theories are:

1. Influances how often rare items are dropped
2. Influances how often your MAG revives/heals you
3. Influances how often you come across rare creatures.
4. Controlls how often a Tekker appraises an item correctly.

If any of these things are known to be true or untrue, please post back. I am especially interested (as I'm sure are we all) in how to raise my chances of a rare drop.

Thanks, all!!!

-Jarath

jspacemunkey
Jun 24, 2003, 01:27 PM
luck increases your chance of scoring a critical hit. that's it.

jc

Electron
Jun 24, 2003, 01:39 PM
On 2003-06-24 11:24, Jarath wrote:
I've been trying to nail down the true purpose of the luck stat. I know it dictates how often you critical, but I wonder about its other functions. Some of my theories are:

1. Influances how often rare items are dropped
2. Influances how often your MAG revives/heals you
3. Influances how often you come across rare creatures.
4. Controlls how often a Tekker appraises an item correctly.

If any of these things are known to be true or untrue, please post back. I am especially interested (as I'm sure are we all) in how to raise my chances of a rare drop.

Thanks, all!!!

-Jarath

All it affects is your chance to make a critical hit.

1. Regular, dumb luck.
2. The mag's IQ.
3. Regular, dumb luck.
4. Regular, dumb luck or (not confirmed) what tekker you have (based on your section id).

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 01:52 PM
Number 4: Depends on the Tekker you have, with each differing Section ID.

Electron
Jun 24, 2003, 02:00 PM
On 2003-06-24 11:52, Shapiro wrote:
Number 4: Depends on the Tekker you have, with each differing Section ID.

So it is confirmed? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:21 PM
luk does shit to ur critical hits, i moment i had 14 next i had 100( duped luk mats, i asked a duper) i still had the same chance of criticl hits this shud be a confirmation cuz i did it all right away, critical hits happen if ur luky not depending on the stat, even if it does 100 luk and 10 dont make any difference that i have noticed

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 02:26 PM
@Electron: Yep, confirmed.

@Angry PSO user who posted after Electron: Uh, what, you expected to get off easy and get critical hits all the time? The Luck stat tells you half the true percentage of the chances of getting critical hits. At 10 LCK, it's 5% the time. At 100 LCK, you should be getting 'em 50% of the time.

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:26 PM
2 ur mag heals u when u stand still if u die. i have a sega saturn mag 195 power, i was grounded and my mm left so i played PSO, then she came in and i was fighting in caves, so i dropped the controler and pretended my brother was playing before he left to my back yard, they killed me over and over but i kept getting rev, i had 0 scape dolls. when the coast was clear i quit game and out of all the times i died about 10 my mag always revived me

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:27 PM
i nevr got it in an entier ult forest run with 100 luk

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:29 PM
i never found rare enemys cept for hildeblu and love rappy and mil lilly, all found once cept love rappy which i found twice, all with 100 luk cept the first rappy and the hilde, so i dodnt find much, i played for 204 hours, so that cant be whut luk does ether

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:33 PM
im not sur bout tekker thing but i never get more than 15% give or take, when i had 10 or 100 luk, but all that happened to me cud have been a cowincendence or a luky break, thats just wut happened to me

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 02:36 PM
You know, if you looked at the bottom of your own posts, there's a tiny icon with a pencil on it. It's called the edit function. Use it to add more to your own posts.

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:37 PM
i think section id does mattter cuz usually when i find a really good rare i stand at the tekker till im satasfied and i never got such a high change cept once with god hand which changed from 30 to 55 but never nething else

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 02:38 PM
o cool i never realized that i never look at those icons,o well

Reenee
Jun 24, 2003, 02:39 PM
I'm not even going to try and make sense out of him...

LegendaryMage
Jun 24, 2003, 02:50 PM
I belive hes beyond saving.

Jagasha-Hiei
Jun 24, 2003, 06:11 PM
all the stuff i wrotes tru, wut do u mean by beyond saving

LadyRedComet
Jun 24, 2003, 06:24 PM
To Jagasha-Hiei: Uh...luck is definitely only good for critical hits. With 100 luck, I now get 1 critical hit out of 6 hits with my double cannon, compared to 1 every 6 or so combos when I only had 44 luck. It does make a difference, but it won't make you get a critical hit every time. That'd just be ridiculous.

To everyone else, I hope I interpreted what he was saying correctly...

Reign_of_Fire
Jun 25, 2003, 08:18 AM
On 2003-06-24 12:21, Jagasha-Hiei wrote:
luk does shit to ur critical hits, i moment i had 14 next i had 100( duped luk mats, i asked a duper) i still had the same chance of criticl hits this shud be a confirmation cuz i did it all right away, critical hits happen if ur luky not depending on the stat, even if it does 100 luk and 10 dont make any difference that i have noticed

Hmm, bad luck for you. The odds are that you WILL have many more critical hits. HOWEVER, because we attack so much we tend to focus on how many NON-CRITICAL hits we have.