PDA

View Full Version : My network is not allowing my gamecube to connect...

Virus-Warren
Jun 24, 2003, 07:20 PM
Well I have a direct route for the broadband adapter to take and have set up everything for the gamecube. My problem is when it gets to the screen and is about to display a list of servers it sticks and doesnt show anything. It just sits there and disconnects after 3 minutes. I have the switch or hub set up right and my brother did the network. So does anyone know whats wrong?

Benoit
Jun 25, 2003, 10:20 AM
Hmm... have you entered the DNS numbers? That could be it.

Sedyne
Jun 25, 2003, 03:00 PM
On 2003-06-24 17:20, Virus-Warren wrote:
Well I have a direct route for the broadband adapter to take and have set up everything for the gamecube. My problem is when it gets to the screen and is about to display a list of servers it sticks and doesnt show anything. It just sits there and disconnects after 3 minutes. I have the switch or hub set up right and my brother did the network. So does anyone know whats wrong?

Since your using DHCP, Windows XP usally turns on the firewall automatically. Check your network properties. And see if the connection has fire wall enabled...if it does, turn it off.

oo wait

t may need to be turned on, but whatever i forget. Mines been off for a long time, so i'd just switch off firewall if its' on. I know it works one way or the other.

Virus-Warren
Jun 25, 2003, 07:44 PM
I tried the dns and its still not working. The firewall is not on because it connects directly to to modem via cable to the router. Does anyone know what port number it uses? If so this may fix it because my warcraft 3 port had to be forwarded to my computer and my brother has some forwarded to his computer.

evil1
Jun 26, 2003, 03:19 AM
i had exactly the same error, only i connect by using an external usb adsl modem and connect the gamecube with a crosscable to my computer's network card. with windows ics and using dhcp ; but i also tried with manuel ip settings->same result