PDA

View Full Version : Does the BBA work with PSO?

Shinigami
Mar 15, 2001, 12:14 AM
i am quite the n00b..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gifPP
thx in advance

KOIL
Mar 15, 2001, 02:39 PM
tehe....no ofense, it's just been years since I could say this.....RTFM!!! Or in this case RTFHP ;->

Seriously, I'm not a jerk...just an old school Cyberpunk who gets a kick out of dorky stuff...

On the Home Page, towards the left near the bottom, there are several links to pages that provide a file u burn to CD. The resulting disk is the "Broadband Passport" hacked with the intentional side effect of enabling PSO BBA support.

Now this part only works if you recive an IP dynamicaly from a DHCP server.

Press L, go to Options->Adapter

You wil see several areas to enter IP numbers. just put 0.0.0.0 for all of them. Don't mind the japaneese (it's all part of being a Western Otaku ;-> ) Cycle through several pages like this. I didn't bother to enter e-mail, I don't use my DC for that, but you can put it in if you want. Use the same POP/SMTP and Logins that you do on your PC, or whatever. Exit, and data wil save to the internal memory of the DC. Exit and Quit. Put in PSO, rev it up Online and walla! No more DailUp page, PSO will even tell you that it will conect using the BBA (meaning that Sega INTENTIONALLY removed the option after they incorperated it!!!)

Have fun!!

CyberZionWarrior KOIL