PDA

View Full Version : Magic in Lobby??

Rei
Mar 15, 2001, 12:25 AM
This little girl Gidget said that she used explore to do this. She can even drop item in the lobby.
Check this out:
http://sophocles.topcities.com/magic.htm

Glider
Mar 15, 2001, 01:06 AM
When she dropped the items, could you pick them up?

Josh
Mar 15, 2001, 01:17 AM
Heh, that's awesome! The only think I think is cool that gameshark can do. Unless they keep freezing you when you're trying to walk to the center to join a game. That would be irritating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rei
Mar 15, 2001, 03:10 AM
I can't pick her item......

rzareckta
Mar 15, 2001, 03:18 AM
someone was droping meseta all over the lobby earlyer and then when i went to another lobby the meseta was still there, and i could pick it up, it was so weird, and noone else in the lobby could see it, everyone thought i was crazy

P.s. hey rei when are you going to put my pic on your site?

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: rzareckta on 2001-03-15 00:24 ]</font>

Rei
Mar 15, 2001, 03:28 AM
Updating the website....
check this thread
http://tomeeboy.com/kageki/viewtopic.php?topic=2421&forum=1&start=30

DooMStalK
Mar 15, 2001, 03:39 AM
I saw the magic in the lobby too... Is it a GS code effect, or a trick anyone can use?

rzareckta
Mar 15, 2001, 03:46 AM
i saw the pic, thanx, i didint expect to see more than one pic

Shala_
Mar 15, 2001, 04:07 AM
Magic? in the lobby! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Lugnut
Mar 15, 2001, 05:44 AM
Curse that little Gidget!!! Freezing me over and over! =)~

Broly
Mar 15, 2001, 05:58 AM
If you do happen to use magic, plz dont. Some people have had their games fuct with and it's making the game come out in different colors for them. Plz dont do it.

THX
Mar 15, 2001, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I was there when you saw the meseta, but I couldn't!!!

And a buddy of mine ended up with his character turning all black (no textures) because people were using magic in the lobby.

I'm glad I got the hell out of there.

Sheogorath
Mar 15, 2001, 06:51 AM
Oh great, so now I can't even chat in a lobby???

You know, I knew this would happen. My buddies at work are dying to join me on PSO because I'm constantly yammering about it, but you know, I am starting to wonder if I should let them get it anymore.

I knew this would happen, I knew with the relatively young age (No flames, please) of the "Console Gaming Kids" and the ease of cheating allowed to these kids by the unholy Game Shark, that this game would become a H*llish experience in a month or two.

So now we risk getting BSOD's, Locked up, or frozen in chat, perhaps risking our VMU Save itself because some bored, immature doofus wants to "mess around" with this trick??????

I hate to sound rude, and if I offend anyone, I'm really sorry (It's my Irish Temper) but good LORD....isn't it bad enough that half my friends want to do the innocent "Pk Trick" on me, knowing full well that the trick can lock your game up on certain occasions....

now I have to deal with idiots locking my game up in chat....wonderful.

*sigh*

Once again, I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

KeyserSoze
Mar 15, 2001, 07:38 AM
rzareckta,

Weird stuff like that also happens to me too. Just other day I was playing with four other people, but I couldn't see one of them. He was invisable (however, I could see his light bulb when he died, but couldn't revive him with moons) to me, but he could see me. I could see his chat bubble and vice versa, but just couldn't see him or his cursor position.

Weird.

Azel-SummErs
Mar 15, 2001, 11:58 AM
i was hit by the magic in the lobby

when i went into character creation screen, my colors for the figures were fucked!

So i off the machine, started again, went back into it....the character selection screen became normal...

Shala_
Mar 15, 2001, 12:36 PM
I don't think the weird colors have anything to do with magic in the lobbys.. I get the colors while playing offline, and occationally online.. and it's happened to other i've traveled with.. it's just a freak glitch.. I wasn't in the lobby when it happened to me.. as far as the magic in the lobby's are conserned.. they tested the code well before it was released.. actually it's kinda funny.. I ready when they first developed the code (before it was released to the public).. if ryuker was cast in a lobby, it would BSOD everyone in the lobby.. that's why when they released the code to the public, ryuker was disabled in the code... so yes, the code was bugchecked before it waas released.. -Shala

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 02:48 PM
Personally, Im hoping its all fairly harmless, but like I said on Sciler's Post... (go check it out if you want) is that a big deal probably shoud be made out of it... the way I look at it is that, If they can cast spells (something that I used to think as ridiculously impossible) , swinging swords, and Pking in the Lobby could easily be the future of PSO. lol, think how much that would suck, we would all be fearing some, rampaging lobby PK's.

::SHUDDER::

Sciler
Mar 15, 2001, 04:33 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>YUP! This is the girl which I was ranting about in my other post. Its ok to have fun, but its not ok to do it to people who ask you to stop. Its immature to sit there and show off, just shows how lame you really are if you cant carry on a conversation to have fun instead. And I'm with Sheo, sorry if I offend anyone but that little brat pissed me off. UGH! Emperor Rage and Spike were there, they saw it all and saw me get upset too heh. Ah well, If I'm not labeled as the PSO Bitch then so be it, I dont care so long as tehy dont do that to me again. They messed up Emperor Rage's stuff, he was all black and his mag almost clear from what he was saying, so therefore, its stupid to do it, if you must take the people who enjoy seeing it to another lobby and let the rest of us have our normal fun of conversing and fighting.<center>

Qbert
Mar 15, 2001, 05:29 PM
I've experienced the black char without textures before. Long before this magic in the lobby incident. It's weird, but with a shut down and restart, you're back to normal. A hassle? Yes. Directly related to magic? Maybe. A serious threat? Not really.

I've also experienced the "invisible" teammate as well. It's more of a connection problem than a prankster. I used to be able to team up with my college roommate, until he changed ISPs. Now he's always invisible, so I don't team up with him anymore.

As for the magic, it appeared to be fairly harmless. Kind of funny actually. I didn't experience any adverse effects related to the magic in the lobby.

If this is the worst thing GameSharkers are doing, I don't care.

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 05:31 PM
Hey Sciler,
If I was a bitch like you I would welcome the title http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

JOKING plz dont castrate me.

I can see exactly why everone is getting worked up about this... but yeesh... the red writings scaring me sciler... we worry about you!

lol... yeah honestly I say these cheating biatches get off our server, but as gidget says " i do it to piss people off" , when we try and make an orderly, fair, cheat free community... we make our selves the perfect target for these people.

Sciler
Mar 15, 2001, 06:19 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>~grins at Griz~ am I mistaken or was that a compliment? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

And no castrations will be done by me. I promise.

And I always use red writing, I dunno, i just like it. I dare to be different heh.

Griz, when are you normally on? I would like to meet up sometime and play. Let me know.<center>

john_galt
Mar 15, 2001, 07:50 PM
Awesome.. That's the closest I've come to an actual screen shot of myself. I feel like a celebrity, having finally made it into Rei's screenshots collection.

Too bad I'm standing next to a hacker! =) I asked her to try gafoie, because for some reason the ice attack was affecting everyone but me. I bumped into a few gs'ers last night, and none of them could hurt me. Not with my RAmar or my HUmar character. Very weird.. Maybe I'm too pure of heart!!

But, Broly, are you serious about that causing color problems? Last night was my first time using a vga adapter (And seriously people, you aren't really playing the game if you aren't using one!!!) and I noticed a _bunch_ of color problems after I bumped into gidget. I assumed it was due to the vga adapter being a cheap model... But other people had this problem??? That's good news, I was starting to get upset about the adapter.

Sciler
Mar 15, 2001, 07:57 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>You arent the only one. I heard of quiet a few cases last night after the whole PK incident. And yes I know many people are saying it could be a glitch in the game cause its happened to them offline, I understand, but also understand that it happened to too many people coincidentally after that whole time period.<center>

Mei-Lin
Mar 15, 2001, 10:53 PM
I know it's all fun when your the who is casting the spell!
but I would like to ask these ppl to leave me out of it! =P

I was in the lobby yesterday and someone tried to freeze me twice but miss =P
anyways when I entered my game it was all screwed up! all the ppl in P2
were all in black except for the hair color...go figure!

I can ask you guys to please "STOP IT!" it's screwing up other ppl games.