PDA

View Full Version : why isnt my Purplenum finding anything?!!!

Shadow82
Jun 24, 2003, 10:15 PM
God dammit I havent found anything good from my Purplenum in like 2 weeks.I played ruins bout 30 times and only found Belra's Right arm, Guaradianna, and Red Mechgun...Does ne1 know why I'm finding shit?

Bill
Jun 24, 2003, 10:49 PM
Belras right arm? whats that?

Soukosa
Jun 24, 2003, 10:51 PM
Try playing in a different area or in Episode 2.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 24, 2003, 11:50 PM
hee hee. now you see why i say to people- stay as far away from purplenum as you can.

Soukosa
Jun 24, 2003, 11:55 PM
The ID has nothing to do with a sudden drop in rare findings. Soon, I'll get back to working with my Purplenum and see how things go with her.

PhrozenPhoenix
Jun 25, 2003, 12:00 AM
Apparently, you're just not looking hard enough.

DB3
Jun 25, 2003, 12:00 AM
ur findin better shit than my purplenum

Trickstr
Jun 25, 2003, 01:21 AM
On 2003-06-24 22:00, DB3 wrote:
ur findin better shit than my purplenum

likewise

Blue-Hawk
Jun 25, 2003, 10:37 AM
On 2003-06-24 22:00, PhrozenPhoenix wrote:
Apparently, you're just not looking hard enough.

hope your not reffering to me. my purplenum is lv 163 now. has been in ultimate for like 100 levels. beaten both ep 1 and 2.
oh, and shadow, your one up on me. i never even saw a red mech.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 25, 2003, 11:48 AM
I've seen all that and more. It just takes TRUE dedication.

Purplenum can be the best Ranger ID, but only with extreme persistance. Apparently as you can see, Purplenum has chances to get lots of awesome weapons.

The problem is, the chance to get most of these items are extremely against you.

Perhaps an ID, like ORAN, has a few great things to get. Shooting for that Prophets of Motav? You're gonna have to wait a while...it comes from Gran Sorcerer. Gran Sorcerers aren't that plentiful, and since its a great weapon, the odds are gonna be stacked against you.

Now, back to Purplenum. Try a Kasami Bracer from a Canabin. The issue? Best Shield a Hunter can currently equip, and comes from a hella common enemy. And thus, the odds are virtually impossible.

And Merlan. Ya really want that Spread Needle, but Merlan's in a lot of spots. It's gonna be a looooong wait...

See, the stuff is great, but good bloody luck finding things. See, this is why I play online games. West Tower is my new favorite. I played a Hard Redria version of it, and I landed a Fatsia last night. Now I just need some Pdrops for the Magic Water to turn it into a Huge Plantain Fan. Too bad only Forces can use it now. What about HUnewearl? Weeeek...

Shadow82
Jun 25, 2003, 01:59 PM
Phew!! I just played bout an extra 20 ruins runs(13 to be exact)it was sooooooooooooooooo awsome I got Bringers Right Arm, Book of Hitogata, and DF Field.I finally have good legit stuff!

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 25, 2003, 03:02 PM
There ya go. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reiya
Jul 2, 2003, 06:41 AM
Redria sucks 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jul 2, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-06-25 11:59, Shadow82 wrote:
Phew!! I just played bout an extra 20 ruins runs(13 to be exact)it was sooooooooooooooooo awsome I got Bringers Right Arm, Book of Hitogata, and DF Field.I finally have good legit stuff!

i hate you now. you found the things i want to find. i guess being lv 164 means less red box drops.

Xion810
Jul 2, 2003, 01:05 PM
All I can say is this: Purplenum gives rares in spurts. I once had a month of no rares, then I got like a dozen rares within a week...

The tip is: Pnum Vhard Ruins su><or. Play mines.

Xion810
Jul 2, 2003, 01:10 PM
On 2003-07-02 04:41, Reiya wrote:
Redria sucks 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If you're a Female force, it does not suck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Jul 2, 2003, 04:00 PM
On 2003-07-02 11:05, Xion810 wrote:
All I can say is this: Purplenum gives rares in spurts. I once had a month of no rares, then I got like a dozen rares within a week...

The tip is: Pnum Vhard Ruins su><or. Play mines.

Any ID can be like, but I think it's a bit more defined than that.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 2, 2003, 04:21 PM
On 2003-07-02 04:41, Reiya wrote:

i thought redria was one of the best!? i made a redria RAcast, but hes only like lvl 7... lol, hardly used him

klepto
Jul 2, 2003, 10:16 PM
In all my experience in PSO, Purplenum has given me THE WORST DROPS EVER. It took me 54 runs for a photon claw (really wanted it), and I only picked up 1 Yamato on the way. It took me 30 some runs for a double saber (though I picked some decent stuff up on the way). The mechguns, like all mechguns, it finds, are crap without a hit %. If your a hunter or a force, or, I take that back, anything, stay away from purplenum. In 64 hours, my skyly FOmar has yielded more rares than my 173 hours of my HUmar. I made the big mistake of naming my char after myself instead of my usual RPG name (Anermant, which is a skyly). In fact, im almost kind of hoping for a corruption, just so I can start that peice of crap Purplenum over again.