PDA

View Full Version : Remedy for BSOD and other freezes!!

JayHale
Mar 15, 2001, 02:01 AM
I posted this in an earlier topic, but for the benefit of all those that have been plagued by the BSOD and other freezes. I don't know if many of you know this, but the simplest thing to do in that situation is simply do a soft reset (X+B+A+Y+Start). I remember reading someone's post a long time ago. They suffered from the BSOD, and they tried everything, and finally gave up, and just powered off, and lost everything. This seems to be the case with allot of people, but you don't have to lose anything. When the game freezes and you perform a soft reset, it takes you directly to the save screen, saves your game, and takes you right back to the title screen. It doesn't corrupt your save, and you don't lose any items. I've did this many times when my game has froze and I've never had a problem out of it to date.

Please don't flame, I was just stating this for all the frustrated people that have fell victim to the BSOD, and have been to afraid to try this technique. This is the best alternative!

Glider
Mar 15, 2001, 02:14 AM
I haev the BSOD over 4 times now. All I do is un plug my phone line and it saves fine. SOme things like the Load Screen of Death is impossable to soft reset. The disk just stops spinning so you can't really do anything.