PDA

View Full Version : Item: The (VH)Dragon is taking forever to drop a Yamato

Katra
Jun 25, 2003, 11:58 PM
I am a bluefull Hunewearl and I am finding it very difficult for the Dragon to drop a Yamato. Anyone having as much difficulty as I am?

Bit
Jun 26, 2003, 12:07 AM
Well, It's rare for Bosses to drop anything good anyway. Though the Sil Dragon recently dropped me a Dragon's Claw, so.. good things happen to those who wait! ^_~

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jun 26, 2003, 01:00 AM
I did about 11 VH Forest runs using a Musashi and nothing else. The time I use a Claymore with Native%, I get the Yamato... Did it again in the morning, and I got another... I don't know if it had to do about the weapon or not, but hey, I'm up another Yamato

Soukosa
Jun 26, 2003, 01:16 AM
With my Skyly, I got my first Musashi from Hard Seabed sometime after I had finished Hard, I was just going there for sake of clearing it. With the Yamato, it took me forever to get it with my Skyly, again, long after I had beat V. Hard. For the Dragon's Claw, it has been fairly generous with 2 of them, I did beat it up quite a few times though (good experience for awhile).

Reenee
Jun 26, 2003, 01:49 AM
The weapon you use does not determine rare finds.

Kildin
Jun 26, 2003, 01:53 AM
I got Yamato by killing Dragon in Hard mode... I have been lucky I guess.

InajaD
Jun 26, 2003, 02:15 AM
I also got my yamato at hard mode..!! after many many runs, but i wasnt expecting it anyways..! i was surprised to find the yamato..!! they were great for me for a very long time..!!!!
if you want to, i have a extra pair http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

iamthehbomb
Jun 26, 2003, 03:02 AM
Hey don't be discouraged just keep trying. It took me about 5 or 6 runs with my bluefull RAmar to get a Yamato. It also took just about as long to get one with my skyly HUcast. Just keep trying, I think the weapon is definitely worth the effort.

yo InajaD I'm from Chicago too -- go Bears and Bulls

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamthehbomb on 2003-06-26 01:29 ]</font>

Jack
Jun 26, 2003, 03:26 AM
I find loads in boxes in the Control Tower. Give me a shout if you want one.

silvermax
Jun 26, 2003, 03:30 AM
maybe ist just my char, but FIRST time i went through hard forest with my fonewear(redria), the dragond droped musashi,

then for some exp i was killing vh-dragon, 3rd time i killed him i got a yamoto,

now if only Da ral lie would drop that fscking holy Ray, thated be awsome, ive gained 10 lvls trying.... 113 now

Dillon
Jun 26, 2003, 05:22 AM
If you're on very hard, try moving on to Ep. II..I believe. The temple boss there dropped me a Yamato on my first run. I've not been back to try it since..might do it later after work, and after I make another 20 or so runs through Ult. Forest for my 1975 Agito http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (I keep finding stupid Custom Rays, Metor Smashes, Final Impacts..asl;dfkj, too bad I can't transfer those to my RAmar.)

SubstanceD
Jun 26, 2003, 12:44 PM
I,ve been there and I know what it is like. I beat episode 1 on Hard mode at lv. 65 and I decided that I was not going to go onto Episode 2 Hard mode untill I got a Yamato and a Dragon Slayer, needless to say it took me many, many forest runs before that stupid Dragon dropped my Yamato ( finding a Dragon Slayer took much longer but that is a story for another time ). Needless to say my Hucaseal is now lv.86 and I have been doing non stop Forest runs since I got to Very Hard ( 65 to 86, you do the math to see how many runs I have done ) and in that time the Dragon has only dropped 2 Yamato's, the one I am using now and one I have in my bank. What can I say somtimes you get lucky with the rare item drops and somtimes you don't. I guess all I can say is if you want it badly enough keep trying.

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 26, 2003, 01:34 PM
Well I completed hard at lv.42 and on my say 3rd run in vh forest The Dragon dropped a red box, I wennt oo oo and ran to find a Yamoto, I was expectin a mushashi (found that on h forest) or a photon drop. I now have 2 yamotos one with 10% hit, the one I use now. I find if you don't look for them on purpose you find them. Just doin vh forest to get exp I find varistas, amps, yamotos, photon drops so just do forest runs for exp and you should find red boxes. I'm lv. 53 now so forest runs do work for exp.

LunarShadowX
Jun 26, 2003, 01:48 PM
Ironically, the second time I ever did a run through Very Hard Forest with my HUcaseal the Dragon dropped the Yamato. Around 25 runs through Very Hard Forest later on my HUcaseal, not a single one more.

And it's funny, cause just yesterday I did my first ever run throught Very Hard Forest on my FOmar, and tada, the dragon dropped a Yamato. Now the question is how much more often will it do this for me.

Infested_Madcat
Jun 26, 2003, 03:03 PM
On 2003-06-26 03:22, Dillon wrote:
If you're on very hard, try moving on to Ep. II..I believe. The temple boss there dropped me a Yamato on my first run. I've not been back to try it since..might do it later after work, and after I make another 20 or so runs through Ult. Forest for my 1975 Agito http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (I keep finding stupid Custom Rays, Metor Smashes, Final Impacts..asl;dfkj, too bad I can't transfer those to my RAmar.)

if you have a gc then u can transfer it to your RAmar all u need is a pair of controlers

Firocket1690
Jun 26, 2003, 03:19 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2003-06-26 03:22, Dillon wrote:
If you're on very hard, try moving on to Ep. II..I believe. The temple boss there dropped me a Yamato on my first run. I've not been back to try it since..might do it later after work, and after I make another 20 or so runs through Ult. Forest for my 1975 Agito (I keep finding stupid Custom Rays, Metor Smashes, Final Impacts..asl;dfkj, too bad I can't transfer those to my RAmar.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have a gc then u can transfer it to your RAmar all u need is a pair of controlers

actually .... you can also go onlnie with a trusty friend and ask him to hold your stuff, then come back with your RAmar to pick them back

anywho ... back on topic:

I got my Dragon's Nail of my third try !! purely luck as it was my 3 rd time in ULT anyway ...

anywayz ... I went to the bathroom and my mom TURNED OFF THE ***KING GAMECUBE !!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

*cries*

another buncha forest runs for me ....

-D4L -

Katra
Jun 27, 2003, 01:12 AM
I finnaly found a Yamato. Good things comes to those with patience.

Armok
Jun 27, 2003, 02:10 AM
I only ever found 1.

It was 2 days ago online in a french persons yellowboze game. i snapped it up annoying them.

Good %s too at 0/15/30/45

Sunblast
Jun 29, 2003, 12:18 AM
I found my first one today! Well, it's 1:15 AM EST here, so technically it was yesterday. I was Offline on VH, and I am a Purplenum RAmar. I was with a Pinkal FOmar, but I was Player 1, so it was a Purplenum game. I was a little excited, but I can't use it and I was looking for a Dragon Slayer. That help, any?

Genoa
Jun 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
Um is Yamato Good? Cuz if so I wanna try to get one. The dragon on Vhard right? And somebody said a skyly can get it. oh boy I hope it can go on rangers. If not... then please tell me

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 12:28 AM
Yamato is Hunter-only, and can be acquired by all IDs from the Very Hard Dragon.

It's very useful, even in Ultimate due to its high ATP, ATA, and freeze rate.

Genoa
Jun 29, 2003, 01:13 AM
ah poo. Well I hope it doesn't take more than 530 ATP cause my HUmar is only has that much. He's level 44 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 01:21 AM
I believe it requires 480 ATP to equip.

Crusha
Jun 29, 2003, 09:44 AM
i got my Yamato for the dragon on very hard in multiplayer mode the first time around! i am a Viridia if that helps any...

RangerFenix
Jun 29, 2003, 05:49 PM
Ok, i just got informed of what exactly excavations are: on my first lap on Forest/ Hard Dragon dropped The Yamato. Start 282, End 320 (beat), and I'm Redria, i know that prolly won't help you any, but maybe a fellow red might find it useful.