PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Problems...ISP May not esxist or may be down

Nocturne
Jun 26, 2003, 12:02 AM
I have the right DNS number,s A hunter's liscense, the right connection settings and everything and I get the message saying that it could not get an IP Adress. I'm positive my modem is compatible but I'm not sure what to do. I've already asked for my settings from my ISP and they match with what I had. Should I report to ST or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Benoit
Jun 26, 2003, 07:08 AM
Try using your settings and using a DHCP. I think it's the first option.

Nocturne
Jun 26, 2003, 08:30 AM
I am, that's how my modem is set. Maybe it's possible that my modem is configured diffrently than what I put in. Where would I go on my computer tp check the settings?

Sedyne
Jun 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
On 2003-06-25 22:02, Nocturne wrote:
I have the right DNS number,s A hunter's liscense, the right connection settings and everything and I get the message saying that it could not get an IP Adress. I'm positive my modem is compatible but I'm not sure what to do. I've already asked for my settings from my ISP and they match with what I had. Should I report to ST or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are using Windows, and running a router, and using Broadband. Then you may have to either disable or enable any firewall that is of windows software.

For the cube i had to enable the stupid firewall because the modem itself didn't have DHCP software, however my new motorola surfboard does have it therfore it doesntn matter weather or not i have it on or off.