PDA

View Full Version : weapons "pluses" related to finding rares?

PSO_Krunk
Mar 15, 2001, 04:36 AM
Last night I was playing the ruins on HARD.

I worked my way thru Ruins1 with my trusty Smash Meteor. I was upset, because I didn't get a single ?SPECIAL WEAPON, or grinder.

I returned to pioneer2, to trade in some things and buy more dimate. While looking at guns, I noticed that my smash meteor was -30% to dark! DOH! - so I grabbed an older Crush Bullet that was in my locker. I noticed that it was +25% to dark, and returned to Ruins2...

I proceeded to work my way thru Ruins2, collecting about 1 ?SPECIAL WEAPON every other room! I hit digrinders and trigrinders all over the place! When I had finished Ruins2, I had 9 ?SPECIAL WEAPONS and 15 points in grinders.

Sure, all of them were varistas and db sabers (I checked 3 different tekkers) but I thought it was a huge coincidence that I started getting so many rares after switching to a +% gun.

It's not concrete evidence... just a theory. But if anyone else has an experience like this, let me know.

Maverick
Mar 15, 2001, 11:42 AM
IMO, it has more to do with Ruins 2 than the %s. On Ruins hard mode (I play it from time to time, still, as that's the only place I can pick up spare S-Beat arms), I don't start finding rares until Ruins 2 (usually). I'm YELLOWBOoZE, if it helps.

Viper3
Mar 15, 2001, 11:57 AM
Same here. Even the official guide states that Ruins1 is uneventful when it comes to rares. I also had a Yellowboze character & would never find any rares in Ruins1. But soon as I dove into Ruins2, ?Special Weapons were coming out of the woodwork. Also, all the weapons I used were at least 20% towards Dark creatures. I never use any weapon that is either 0% or actually -%. I haven't got off Normal mode with my new Whitill character, so I can't comment on Hard mode yet.