PDA

View Full Version : Best section ID for a Force?

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 26, 2003, 12:25 AM
I heard Pinkal is good, any suggestions?

Bit
Jun 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
Pinkal is pretty good, you get higher level technique earlier. Bluefull is Ok, not the best. You get rods easy with em, though Wands are rare.

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 26, 2003, 12:37 AM
ok cool, now the hard part is deciding which character I want to use...
-Fomars are cool looking + melee
-Formals are cool looking to...and more balanced...I guess.
-Fonew - strong tech
-Fonewearl - Best Tp and MST

So confused...

BTW, what mag stats should I do anyway too(Mind>Pow>Dex>Def)?

Bit
Jun 26, 2003, 12:47 AM
I'm all for style, and the FOmar has somewhat of a melee attacking ability if your low on TP. Mag wise, DEF and MIND are a must. I'd go with def>mind>pow>dex
though you can make the mind higher if you wish.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 26, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well, I'm not a master on what Section ID you'd want for each but I think I should give it a try.

FOmar: Probably for this one you won't want to use Pinkal. Although Pinkal is ideal for a Force he's more melee then all-out magic.

FOmarl: Probably, again, not Pinkal since she's somewhat competant with weapons. However, she does have a nice Grants boost, so you'll probably want to make sure whatever ID you have for her finds tht. She also has a better range/effect on S/D and R/A
(Resta/Anti), or so I believe.

FOnewm: I think Pinkal would definitely be an option for him, I'm not quite sure what else to say.

FOnewearl: I think she's somewhat like the FOnewm since they both rely on MST more than anything else.

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 26, 2003, 12:49 AM
thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stalfos333
Jun 26, 2003, 12:57 AM
I'd disagree. I use a Geist handgun type weapon to regain TP, so DEX is a must on my FO mag. As a fonewm, melee is a bad idea and putting defense on my mag wouldn't really help, since the goal is to avoid being in a position to be hit anyway.

I wouldn't use the FoMar or Marl, since they're either mediocre mages or fighters, and can't really excell at either. That's my opinion. If you're totally gungho about being able to customize your character, they're an option, but the lack of any real talents makes them seem sub par to me.

Soukosa
Jun 26, 2003, 01:19 AM
I have a FOmarl and I like her more than any of my other characters. I love the balance between the abilities. I think that FOmarl's are greatly underrated.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 26, 2003, 01:41 AM
^ I do too, they are the perfect support/force and I don't think I've seen anyone one these forums give credit to that. Also she's capable of more hits than either of the Newmans, or so I beleive. I may have to check the stat guides again.

Aero_Ruisu
Jun 26, 2003, 01:53 AM
I would go with Oran for a force solely because Oran can get the Psychowand and the Prophets of Motav.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 26, 2003, 03:12 AM
The only problem with Oran is that Forces can't use daggers, and that's what Oran specializes in.

Plus, I believe either every or almost every ID can frind the Psycho Wand. As for Prophets of Motav, although they may be Oran only they don't (from what I can see) have any sort of stat boost for Forces.

JavaMoon
Jun 26, 2003, 03:21 AM
Any of the "Universal" IDs will be good for a force. Pinkal, Redria and Yellowboze are the "Universals". I have a Redria FOmarl and I'm satisfied with it.

silvermax
Jun 26, 2003, 03:48 AM
pinkal works with everything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif my Ramarl is doing just fine with it, ruby bullet XD

if pinkal can make a ramarl work it can make a fomarl/mar work.

and tech wize, yo get lvl 15 techs in vh or is it hard, thats about it, wont see anything amazing till ult

i think Fomarl is probably the best force to use if you've never played a force before, starting with a fonewearl was so frustrating, cause she was so fliping weak till lvl 30ish, i started a fomarl and was poking things in the forest with little efort by lvl 5, and some pow on the mag to use a saber, if only her combo didnt look so wussy.... half asses swings just look funny, like the druid on D2, i wont even start on that guy..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2003-06-26 01:55 ]</font>

TinyD
Jun 26, 2003, 07:38 AM
As a great lover of forces I thought I'd better pop my opinion in as I've been playing as a force since pso came out in japan.

Firstly : PINKAL. No doubt. I've tried several diff section ID's and for a force pinkal is brilliant.

Characters:

My FOmar has weaker magic but the thing about FOmars is their sheer speed. With no weapon equipped I can pull off magic faster than any other character. It's absolute mayhem, believe me! Also they boost the mid-level attacks (Gi----) and I use Gizonde a lot so thats not so bad.

FOmarl - magically closest to the FOmar, but not as fast. If you are 100% into being a support char then this is the one for you.

FOnewm - Very strong magically, not fast at pulling off spells, and they boost the high level magical attacks (Ra----) which come in very handy. They do look very silly tho', so not my fave.

FOnewearl - my favourite. Yes, they are weak to start with, but to cover this I just make sure I don't get hit. Their magic power rises the fastest. They boost the low level magic (foie etc.) which isn't that useful, but I don't mind as that balances against the fonewm because their magic strength doesn't max out until it's 200 pts higher than the fonewms max. Also, my gf has just started playing pso with a fonewearl and she's a total noob, and she's really enjoying it! So perhaps you should take into account the fun you'll have as your char too? I reckon the fonewearl is a rewarding challenge.

Well, hope that helps,

Tiny D

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 26, 2003, 02:37 PM
Wow, thats alot of info!

Well I am still thinking of which force to use, my only concern for a FOmar is that they don't end up like Druids in Diablo 2. The reason is that Blizzard tried to make a druid like a barbarian and sorc but he wasn't strong enough for barbarian and his magic/tech were too crappy to be a sorccerer. But anyway, they is np PvP in PSO so I guess I wouldn't mind using him(as long as he is as strong in Ultimate)

LollipopLolita
Jun 26, 2003, 02:43 PM
here are some guides that might help you make a decision when making a force

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1040

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=69

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=945

Primrose
Jun 26, 2003, 04:15 PM
once again, LollipopLolita provides us with the most matching links.
anyways, i wanted to say something about what Aero_Ruisu wrote:

On 2003-06-25 23:53, Aero_Ruisu wrote:
I would go with Oran for a force solely because Oran can get the Psychowand and the Prophets of Motav.

if you advise him to go for Oran, solely because Oran can get both, Psychowand and Prophets of Motav, which is an Oran find only, you might as well advise him to go for Pinkal, who can get Psychowand and Evil Curst, which is a Pinkal find only.
by the way, every section ID can get Psychowand, the only difference is in the difficulty to actually find the item. if your main goal is to get Psychowand, id say go for Purplenum.
but if you want my opinion, i would agree with most Pinkal supporting players. the only force weapons not findable by Pinkal are Prophets of Motav, Dancing Hitogata (since Pinkal cant find the Book of Hitogata) and the common Bluefull rares, Brave Hammer, Battle Verge and Alive Aqhu.
no need for an explanation on the section ID cards. and then once again, Dark Bridge, who knows about that...
however, that doesnt justify the title of "best section ID" for a Force, as it also, or even mainly, matters on how hard it is to get hold if these items.
my favorite is Pinkal, but then again, its my opinion. why dont you first make your decision on which force you chose? as every force has different technique boosts, which should be considered in the choice of your section ID. what i mean is, as a FOnewearl, your best weapon would probably be Summit Moon, as a FOnewm probably Psycho Wand etc...