PDA

View Full Version : Barta troubles

Azman
Jun 26, 2003, 11:33 AM
I'm using barta lvl. 12, and not once throughout the whole game (I'm on Vhard Ruins, lvl 54 Fomarl) has barta (the basic tech, straight line attack) EVER frozen enemies.

I use the basic barta tech cos of its lower TP cost and higher damage it deals compared with gibarta and rabarta, but it NEVER freezes enemies! Why!

Will it ever freeze monsters? At a certain tech lvl? Or never? Please enlighten me!

s.TiNgEr
Jun 26, 2003, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure it's supposd to freeze enemys...

CyroPheonix
Jun 26, 2003, 11:37 AM
i don't think it ever freezes.
at least it never has for me either, and im using barta lv 30.

MasterForce
Jun 26, 2003, 11:43 AM
Only Gibarta and Rabarta can freeze

Spellbinder
Jun 26, 2003, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I remember a long time ago on v2 for Dreamcast, I decided to go and play in a normal game just for laughs, and my level 30 Barta was freezing Boomas in forest. Maybe they took that ability out, but I'm sure it was possible on the Dreamcast version.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 26, 2003, 11:50 AM
At least it sounds different when it gets higher in level

Jason
Jun 26, 2003, 11:57 AM
On 2003-06-26 09:43, MasterForce wrote:
Only Gibarta and Rabarta can freeze

He's right. I remember going online for the first time on the DC (old version 1 days). It wasn't pleasing. I joined a team and there's this guy with spiky blue hair named NO FEAR 20 or something like that. I was around Lv 20 that time and at that time I didn't know anything about FSoDs, RSoDs, NOL, PKing, and so on. From him, I got PKed from an ice spell and I got frozen several times if my memory serve me right, not sure because I've been killed in a single hit. I didn't have a keyboard at that time so it was a pain. Anyway, the bottom line is that I know for sure that Gibarta or Rabarta or either have a chance of freezing.

Azman
Jun 26, 2003, 12:00 PM
Wow! Thanks for the speedy replies! I'll just have to live with no freezing, gi/ra barta take up a ludicruos amount of Tp up!