PDA

View Full Version : Should i quit? / Goodbye posts

Jehosaphaty
Jun 26, 2003, 07:08 PM
seems like im full of rantings today, but o well i do like to rant...

threads that take subject of goodbye bug me like an itch you cant scratch. plain annoying. i mean if someone is genuinely saying goodbye, then hay thats nice. but people who look for attention and want others to beg them to stay annoy me. if ur leaving, then goodbye, im sorry u feel this way, now go. there is truly no need for theatrics. a quiet goodbye is best.

quitting is another matter as well. should i quit? wat do u guys think? -- for the love of all things good, if tha game isnt fun, your not meeting people and ur tired of hacking, duping, fsod, watever, then it might be time to quit. if not, stick it out and make the best of things. if ur tired of it, take a break, come back in a week or somthing. i mean do anything that will make you happy. because ya no wat? being happy and havin fun is wat its all about. lose that and you should quit.

and im spent. haha hava good one chicas y chicos

LollipopLolita
Jun 26, 2003, 08:08 PM
get off the computer and do something, don't come back til tomorrow. see how you feel then

Mystil
Jun 26, 2003, 08:58 PM
I wanna quit...but instead I take long breaks from the game and come back. Apart from that, I dont like it when overhyped people get all this praise when they post goodbye stuff when it's obvious that had no impact whatsover.

I only tell the people who should know that I'm leaving. Not make it all public.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-06-26 19:00 ]</font>

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2003, 10:38 PM
I've seen lots of forums that have the same 'Goodbye Forever' types of posts. About 80% of these posts aren't really goodbye forever posts, they are really a sad bit of attention whoring. About 4 out of 5 times the poster will 'reluctantly' agree to remain on the forum even after saying goodbye. Kinda irritating.

One forum figured out a way to stop this problem. The rule there was that if you ever posted a 'Goodbye Folks' post, the admins would instantly ban your account. After all, you did just announce you were leaving didn't you? You would never think of saying you were leaving just to scoup up big icecream cones full of attention, would you?

The idea was that if you really were leaving, you didn't need the account anymore. If you were just fishing for attention (lying) you weren't wanted anymore. In either case, the ban was a perfect fit.

I'm not actually suggesting anything for PSOW here, BTW. I'm just passing along an interesting solution to a moderately irritating problem shared by many different forums.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 26, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-06-26 18:08, LollipopLolita wrote:
get off the computer and do something, don't come back til tomorrow. see how you feel then

assuming this was directed towards me? uh i dont really get it but i am goin to bed so gnite

Guile
Jun 27, 2003, 01:08 AM
Yeah just take a break...I've been on this 3 month break!

Ness
Jun 27, 2003, 06:09 AM
On 2003-06-26 17:08, Jehosaphaty wrote:

threads that take subject of goodbye bug me like an itch you cant scratch. plain annoying. i mean if someone is genuinely saying goodbye, then hay thats nice. but people who look for attention and want others to beg them to stay annoy me. if ur leaving, then goodbye, im sorry u feel this way, now go. there is truly no need for theatrics. a quiet goodbye is best.

I have seen many "good bye" threads in my time here, but I have never heard anyone beg those people to stay.

quitting is another matter as well. should i quit? wat do u guys think? -- for the love of all things good, if tha game isnt fun, your not meeting people and ur tired of hacking, duping, fsod, watever, then it might be time to quit. if not, stick it out and make the best of things. if ur tired of it, take a break, come back in a week or somthing. i mean do anything that will make you happy. because ya no wat? being happy and havin fun is wat its all about. lose that and you should quit.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is similar to those people that come here just to rant about how stupid this forum is.

LordCronai
Jun 27, 2003, 08:23 AM
Its not reallly common on PSOW, but at a forum I used to go to, this one guy "left" the RPG about six times just to get people to join his side of the war in sympathy. I HATE that.
Good rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jehosaphaty
Jun 27, 2003, 09:22 AM
On 2003-06-27 06:23, LordCronai wrote:
Its not reallly common on PSOW, but at a forum I used to go to, this one guy "left" the RPG about six times just to get people to join his side of the war in sympathy. I HATE that.
Good rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

hehe ahh, i seem to remember a similar situation at yet another forum. crazy bloke kept talkin bout leaving, but only did it to make some numnut clan stronger. crazy...anyways im glad u guys see where im comin from.

cheers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Jun 27, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-06-26 20:38, Lonjon wrote:
I've seen lots of forums that have the same 'Goodbye Forever' types of posts. About 80% of these posts aren't really goodbye forever posts, they are really a sad bit of attention whoring. About 4 out of 5 times the poster will 'reluctantly' agree to remain on the forum even after saying goodbye. Kinda irritating.

One forum figured out a way to stop this problem. The rule there was that if you ever posted a 'Goodbye Folks' post, the admins would instantly ban your account. After all, you did just announce you were leaving didn't you? You would never think of saying you were leaving just to scoup up big icecream cones full of attention, would you?

The idea was that if you really were leaving, you didn't need the account anymore. If you were just fishing for attention (lying) you weren't wanted anymore. In either case, the ban was a perfect fit.

I'm not actually suggesting anything for PSOW here, BTW. I'm just passing along an interesting solution to a moderately irritating problem shared by many different forums.

Well if they state that they are leaving because of the forum problems then yes they do not need to have an account anymore. (If they are modest about it that is a different story) If for life stuff, I think they deserve to keep thier account JUST incase they somehow make it back.

But that's just me.

kat
Jun 27, 2003, 02:19 PM
oh, yeah...

I can't count the number of those attention-seeking posts I've seen since I joined... there's been way too many