PDA

View Full Version : Duping, whats the problem?

Aceizace
Jun 27, 2003, 03:13 AM
Ok, I don't see what all you people are getting worked up about. Think about this:

Duping (by Andrew Chinery aka Ace)
To dupe an item you need to own one to start with. This means that nothing at all is gained by duping weapons, armor or unique items. By duping either Addslots, Materials, Photon drops or Grinders, you are speeding up the process of finding. This is sort of wrong, but not something to get worked up about, if you want to play a week non-stop to find 50 photon drops then go ahead, i'd rather save my time, and dupe it instead; and hey, i'm losing out, cos' u are going to get loads more items and levels from playing non-stop like that anyway!

Now tell me honestly, have you ever accecpted an item from someone online? Any item, duped or not, for nothing. If you have, or would, then you are as bad as the dupers, because you are getting items for nothing. In fact accecpting items from ppl online is worse, because they lose out on an item, which doesn't happen with duping, and also, you can only dupe items you already have, not gaining anything, you can accecpt items you havn't found.

Duping items and swapping them with people is pretty much the worst case i can think of, and if that is true, and there is nothing worse, then you peeps do get worked up over nothing at all. Swapping duped items means you gain things, but then, so does the person you are swapping with; and theres a good chance they have duped their's as well. If someone gives you a freebie, then what do they gain?? Nothing! At least if you swap duped items they're guna get something in return! (This includes swapping items for real money, like selling over ebay)

Finaly, spreading duped items. You spend 5-10mins duping an item (it does take that long, maybe longer), then you give it away to someone. They gain an item which will probably help them, you lose an item and the time it took to dupe it. Please, someone tell me whats wrong with that?! You are helping people for goodness sakes! No-one's guna find every item without trading, because different Sec IDs find different items, so don't tell me it spoils the game cos' you don't find it on your own, even if you can find it on your own, do you really want to spend the time doing it? And is it really going to break your heart when you find a dark flow 100 levels into the future when you have been given one already? Just think about it.

-
Ace

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 03:46 AM
There are probaly alot of people here that could attack this beter than but I'll give it a shot...

The person who wrote this artical missed the point of why duping is bad entirely. Duping gives items to people who didnt earn. This game was not made with the intention for every hunter to have a bkb or every force to have a psycho wand. No, these items were made rare so they would actualy be of worth and made the owners proud. But instead dupers got their hands on one of these items and gave it to hundreds of undeserving players, do you think this is fair to the people who spent months looking for the parts of a bkb just to see a hunter weild one at lvl 20 with his pow mag and god powers? No, it isnt. Dupers are simply enablers to people who want to cheat you think your noble helping people when you are really hindering their gaming experince.

There, I think that turned out quite nicely.

Ranger_Larry
Jun 27, 2003, 04:56 AM
The items could have been made rare so you keep playing and PAYING.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p5d77545a04dce96092a6ee8a15a68a32/fd69a609.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-06-27 02:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-06-27 02:57 ]</font>

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 05:20 AM
Yeah dupers basicaly eliminate half the point of the game, finding good items.

Good think theres no "Exp Mat" or something like that, or else there would be no point in playing PSO other than being with friends.

Aceizace
Jun 27, 2003, 06:03 AM
don't try and attack ppl LegendaryMage, thats not how things work, you can arguee your point, but attacking a point means you are trying to shout it down and make the writer look bad.

why does it bother you if someone else ruins their gameplay time? i agree with you, and if i didn't say that material duping is bad then i ment to, but you know you've found the rare, you still get that 'yes!' feeling when you find it, someone else duping cant take that away. if a duper has copied an item for one of their smaller characters, then y get jellous? they found the item in the 1st place, just like you did.

duping doesn't 'give items to people who didn't earn', if someone dupes a psycho wand then that means they had to have it in the first place. the duper is the one that give the item to someone who didn't earn it, duping isn't bad, but someone who misuses it is.

the wrong person behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous, does that mean cars should be banned?

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 06:34 AM
I apologize for my bad choice of words.

Most dupers unfortunately dont get the items they dupe themselves, they instead get them from other dupers. Thats why up until now the best way to identify a dupe is by its %s, its the same weapon that was found ONCE duped again and again. It wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt a duper who original found these weapons either but instead someone who was offered the oppurnity to "double his/her fourtune" by a duper.

Rljohn
Jun 27, 2003, 07:21 AM
Legits--STOP YOUR DAMN BITCHING! DUPERS WILL NOT GO AWAY...IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT YOUR OWN RARES, PLAY OFFLINE!

'nuff said.

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 08:04 AM
On 2003-06-27 05:21, Rljohn wrote:
Legits--STOP YOUR DAMN BITCHING! DUPERS WILL NOT GO AWAY...IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT YOUR OWN RARES, PLAY OFFLINE!

'nuff said.

Heh, no need to shout. We shouldnt have to change anything we are doing, we are the ones who are playing the way ST intended. Personaly I dont have anything against dupers unless they confront me inpoilitely such as you just did. You arent helping your cause (whatever it is).

And even if we are 'whining', its not about our weapons, its about the duped ones.

Finnaly its rude of you to ask a large population of the PSO community to leave just because you dont appreciate our way of thought.

Aceizace
Jun 27, 2003, 09:01 AM
Yeah, i may not think that every aspect of duping is bad, but that isn't the way to go about it, if everybody duped on PSO then it really would be pointless in playing the game. Also another note to anti-dupers, most people dupe for backups in case of FSOD or other problems.

In reply to LegendaryMage, i understand where you are coming from; dupers who offer to 'double people's fortunes' are bad, but remember it's the non-dupers who took up the option of 'doubling their fortunes'. Every bad thing that spawns from duping started with more than one person.

I can't remember what the idea behind this reply was http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif oh well. Yeah.... LegendaryMage, you make sense. Rljohn, work on your approach, dupes and dupers won't go away, but neither will legits.

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks. I usualy try not to be anti-duping, just legit. But it seems like its a mandatory aspect of being legit these days. But for the most part I let others play the way they want as long as it doesnt conflict with my way of playing.

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 27, 2003, 12:52 PM
You know duping could be fixed if sega would just remove the NPC's that walk around... Then duping could be stopped.

Rhete
Jun 27, 2003, 01:21 PM
I was gunna write a long reply to this, but realized pretty early in that it was complete and utter horseshit, I'm just cutting right to the chase

On 2003-06-27 01:13, Aceizace wrote:

Finaly, spreading duped items. You spend 5-10mins duping an item (it does take that long, maybe longer), then you give it away to someone. They gain an item which will probably help them, you lose an item and the time it took to dupe it. Please, someone tell me whats wrong with that?! You are helping people for goodness sakes!

You are giving them no reason to continue playing the game! Dupers and their santa claus bullshit are NOT HELPING. When you give a low level newbie a 195 hacked dreamcast/sato/rati whatever, 4 god powers, and a whole bunch of uber weapons, what reason does he have to continue playing the game now? Its been officially ruined for him, and he probably doesnt even know it. There is no satisfaction of finding any items at all anymore. "Oh, I found a yamoto, its not as good as my Sange and Yasha =/" There is basically nothing left anymore except to level up

And is it really going to break your heart when you find a dark flow 100 levels into the future when you have been given one already? Just think about it.

If I found a dark flow? I'd be fucking pissed, because I'd want to actually use it, and get nothing but aggravation from people telling me it was a dupe, even if it wasnt. Items like that are supposed to be extremely rare, for every player to hope to own one day, NOT TO BE GIVEN OUT IN BULK

Cheating online still ruins the game!

Take your own advice, please

Oedi
Jun 27, 2003, 01:21 PM
On 2003-06-27 10:52, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
You know duping could be fixed if sega would just remove the NPC's that walk around... Then duping could be stopped.

Nope, duping will still go on for those with the USB memory card.

Mystil
Jun 27, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-06-27 05:21, Rljohn wrote:

'nuff said.

Oh chill out..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Na..duping is bad..true..it has MAD trading a bad comedity. But the person in that article has a point. You are helping those, who's section ID restricts them from finding the stuff they need.

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 27, 2003, 03:11 PM
They could also make PSO not compatible with USB Memory Cards... And remove the walking NPC's.

There would that stop duping? lol

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 05:12 PM
But thats the problem, it would require sega to actualy do something.

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 27, 2003, 06:05 PM
So true... (-_-)

VioletSkye
Jun 27, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-06-27 13:11, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
They could also make PSO not compatible with USB Memory Cards... And remove the walking NPC's.

There would that stop duping? lol

No offense, but its a little to late for that. They would have needed to do that on the original disk. Also I don't think I would care for other companies telling me what brand peripherals I need to use. They can't stop USB on this game, maybe with Ep.3 it can be addressed but like I said its too late now.

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 27, 2003, 09:46 PM
SEGA could make a mandatory download for online players to update the game so to stop USD memory cards users and to remove the NPC's which could end duping.

would this work?

SlashEdgewind
Jun 27, 2003, 09:53 PM
see I have no idea what this duping method involving NPC's is.. so I'm just going to agree with the idea of forcing to download that.. thing.. so yea

Slash

Devio2003
Jun 27, 2003, 10:18 PM
On that part about accepting free stuff, if they're weren't dupers around they wouldn't be able to dupe 100 Tsumikairi J-Sword's then pass them out like candy. It's not the fact of speeding up finding process. Notice how now that duping started everyone from Level 1 to 200 is running around with the best rares in the game. And also what about duping Mats and God Items, making people all powerful, or duped Lv. 200 Mags, no work involved there...

DarkStar109
Jul 1, 2003, 12:40 PM
Some of you people take this game WAY too seriously I see duping as putting in a cheat code on any other game I think duping would me the game more fun for me(if I knew how to XD) instead of rare-hunting(which really gets frusturating) I could focus on leveling up

LegendaryMage
Jul 1, 2003, 02:12 PM
Usualy that would be ok, but unfortunately PSO is an online game, so obviously there are going to be people who would rather the game be played correctly.

Oedi
Jul 1, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-06-27 19:46, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
SEGA could make a mandatory download for online players to update the game so to stop USD memory cards users and to remove the NPC's which could end duping.

would this work?

I don't see how this could work. The USB memory card is a hardware peripheral and not an actual device attributed to the games software like FFO's hard drive. If a patch had to be downloaded to everyones machine they would have to do it on an everytime online access basis to store the information into memory. Perhaps they could push it to the memory card, but then it might have to create a new file on the card, check the contents of the card each online session, and perform saves to that new file as well (increasing FSOD probability or even corruption). To get rid of the NPC they would have to have the server remove it from the code within your machine... as the room information is loaded from your disk, only quests are loaded from the servers (so to get rid of the NPC's they'd have to change the room creation from disk to server only, which could mean longer access times for modem users).

Of course this is all speculation, but from playing the game this is how it looks to be done.

-Oedi

Oedi
Jul 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that my previous statement would only work if you played online. The only fix for offline would be a new game disk period.

Mass distribution of game disks throughout the US for a free version update... you see Sega USA doing this for PSO US... I don't think so.

-Oedi

CandyElly
Jul 1, 2003, 07:05 PM
Now I haven't read the replies but I read the original.

I've heard several arguements that duping isn't bad. Honestly, I don't agree with any of them.

#1 It messes up the economy. A similar case (even if more drastic) is counterfit money. You can make counterfit money, because you don't want to spend the time to earn it, and give it away or use it, but it's still wrong. Why? It messes up the economy. It's ILLEGAL.

#2 I've heard the arguement that "duping is there in the game, so it's not cheating!" Well... when you play Monopoly the bank is there, yes? But that doesn't mean you can steal money from the bank and say it's okay because it was already there.

...ya know? But that is just my two cents. I'm sure that the antidupers and the dupers are pretty stuck in their sides and no one will sway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

happyalloy
Jul 3, 2003, 10:06 AM
I don't think you could patch for the usb because I know many people who simply store items on the usb, then transfer the items to characters on real memory cards... I don't know how the system would be able to detect that. Also, who cares if people dupe offline? If they never come online, then they have to find what they are going to dupe; therefore they've earned the item. Who cares how many copies they make of it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I think duping is only a problem for people online (other than people duping offline then bringing it online to distribute)

Logical2u
Jul 3, 2003, 11:13 AM
I think the Logical Dude had best step in.

Duping isnt bad because you are giving items to help people and getting nothing in return: Sure, but then you have level 1 people walking around with psycho wands casting level 30 magic. And what if you are just multiplying the problem.

Duping saves me time: Listen to me. No one likes items from known dupers, because they know there are millions of items exactly the same wandering around there. And guess what? You cant do nothin if you have no items.

The BKB/Mag/God unit situation: Just set a level standard instead of a ATP standard for these weapons! Make it so you have to be level 40!

Section IDS: THese were made to increase SOCIAL activities during PSO, not influence hundreds of people to mass produce ONE item and give it out to everyone else.

The duper to duper problem: Most likely all the duped items were transfered from the Japanese ships. Possibly lock down all Japanese items in american servers.

Whiny legits: They need a life. The reason legits (sorta like me) get upset about dupes is because it ruins the Legits fun of finding rare items (and the victory dance, lol!)

Downloads: They can be bypassed typically. All you have to do is delete the file, and hang out offline until sega team gets rid of the mandatory patch.

There. That is my feeling on this topic.

Aceizace
Jul 3, 2003, 11:19 AM
lol, CandyElly i luv your real life comparisions, thats a funny way to look at it. however there are a few problems with this, if someone makes counterfit money they can actually gain things they can't 'find on the floor' i.e. shops. It also breaks the money cycle in that for every dollar/pound/yen destroyed, another is made and sometimes some are added into circulation, with pso, items and money are endless, because they are things generated out of nothing by the computer.

your second argument is pretty good, i would never say that duping is in the game so why not use it because duping exploits a glitch, its not ment to happen (if there was a card in monopoly that could be twisted and bended to imply 'steal all the money from the bank' then you could compare them.)

good thinking mind, i agree with you about the swaying, im stuck right in the middle, i can see why ppl dupe, and why people don't like duping, but what i cant see is why people think it will completely ruin their entire (pso) life if someone else dupes an item. i mean, would you get angry if some guy/girl gave a ultra rare to his/her lower lv new char? how can you tell the difference? its still a level 10 with a Dark Flow (or what ever).

Detra
Jul 3, 2003, 12:39 PM
Duping is what caused Sonic Team to add in that lovely second save (upon game entry) that causes corruption if you get FSOD on it. Need I say more?

Aceizace
Jul 3, 2003, 02:50 PM
Need i say more
Yes please! Not quite sure what you are getting at, does duping somehow make you FSOD?!? Then why do we get all these leigts complaining cos they lost items due to FSOD, in fact its dupers that can survive FSODs cos they can 'back up' their items. If its saving at all and you crash it corrupts, how does this stop duping??

Obscenity
Jul 4, 2003, 05:53 AM
First of all, I'd like to say that I don't know how to dupe, nor do I care how to. My point however, is this. I don't see why anyone cares if someone else is duping. If you want your items to be legit, then fine. Find all the stuff you want. As far as trading legit items for duped stuff, big deal. Does the fact that it's duped change what it is in any way, shape, or form whatsoever? No. You still didn't find it on your own, any way you cut it. There's no sense of accomplishment in trading for an item, whether it was found or simply duped. Does someone else using a duped item really bother you that much? If it does, maybe you should spend less time playing video games and become concerned with an issue that actually matters, one that has real life ramifications. You do remember what a real life is, don't you? Basically what I'm saying is if it bothers you that much, it's only because you're letting it. It doesn't affect how you yourself play the game at all. If someone wants to dupe and take all the fun out of finding stuff for themselves, let them. I don't care one way or the other how someone else got something and I don't think anyone else should, either.

Aceizace
Jul 5, 2003, 08:25 AM
well said.

nintendofreak
Jul 5, 2003, 11:34 AM
On 2003-06-27 01:46, LegendaryMage wrote:
There are probaly alot of people here that could attack this beter than but I'll give it a shot...

The person who wrote this artical missed the point of why duping is bad entirely. Duping gives items to people who didnt earn. This game was not made with the intention for every hunter to have a bkb or every force to have a psycho wand. No, these items were made rare so they would actualy be of worth and made the owners proud. But instead dupers got their hands on one of these items and gave it to hundreds of undeserving players, do you think this is fair to the people who spent months looking for the parts of a bkb just to see a hunter weild one at lvl 20 with his pow mag and god powers? No, it isnt. Dupers are simply enablers to people who want to cheat you think your noble helping people when you are really hindering their gaming experince.

There, I think that turned out quite nicely.

hey if its ruining their gaming experiance they dont have 2 take it they like being really good at low lvs it doesnt ruin it it makes it 10times more fun(notice the only people complaining r the ones who dont dupe or hv frends that dupe)You wouldlike it 2 and u know it.

nintendofreak
Jul 5, 2003, 11:42 AM
On 2003-07-01 17:05, CandyElly wrote:
Now I haven't read the replies but I read the original.

I've heard several arguements that duping isn't bad. Honestly, I don't agree with any of them.

#1 It messes up the economy. A similar case (even if more drastic) is counterfit money. You can make counterfit money, because you don't want to spend the time to earn it, and give it away or use it, but it's still wrong. Why? It messes up the economy. It's ILLEGAL.

#2 I've heard the arguement that "duping is there in the game, so it's not cheating!" Well... when you play Monopoly the bank is there, yes? But that doesn't mean you can steal money from the bank and say it's okay because it was already there.

...ya know? But that is just my two cents. I'm sure that the antidupers and the dupers are pretty stuck in their sides and no one will sway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i have 1 question if u get lots of good items is it ok 2 copy the file 2 another memory card so u hv more items?That is totaly not hacking its all in the game and so is the shop dupeing. its not illegal its a cheat code its not like u use sum hacking engin or sumthin however i think all other dupeing methodes are very wrong but not shopdupe and memory card copying. and the new online pathch 4 xboxwill not stop memory card dupeing. if u say thats wrong i dont give a dam because its NOT no matter wut u say memory card dupeing is not wrong.PERIOD.

Aceizace
Jul 6, 2003, 11:01 AM
um, sorry dude but CandyElly was right on that point, just because its possible it doesn't make it right, or programed into the game. the shop dupe is exploiting a glitch, obviously i can't explain my point how i'd like to b/c it wud involve too much of the cheat itself and the topic would be locked, but you can't justify different methods of duping, it is either wrong or not, thats where i'm finding it hard to decide.

Gestiv
Jul 6, 2003, 11:57 AM
I think a big issue between the legits and dupers is that the legit players feel cheated when trading one of their hard-earned items for something the person probably got for free and duped a million times, and thus spent absolutely no effort in trying to get the item. It's like CandyElly's counterfeit money example, if you go into a bakery and pay the baker counterfeit money for a loaf of bread they worked hard to create, it's an injustice because you did nothing to earn the money to buy the bread... Can you see my point? I'm trying to explain it as best I can; I'm not to good at stuff like this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Also, I know how to dupe and I suck at it; I have duped 2 items so far, it's not fun, and the only reason I ever dupe (or use a duper) is to get my friends who are offline some good rares they see me use whenever we play multimode... Simply doing a friend a favoris all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CivX
Jul 6, 2003, 01:11 PM
The thing though, is PSO is a game. There are no consequences if you dupe.

BonusKun
Jul 6, 2003, 02:39 PM
On 2003-06-27 04:03, Aceizace wrote:
don't try and attack ppl LegendaryMage, thats not how things work, you can arguee your point, but attacking a point means you are trying to shout it down and make the writer look bad.

Fine I'll shoot it down then.

Simply stated Sonic Team didn't make this game to where everyone should have BKBs, J Swords and Guld Millas but, that's what happened.

It's not part of the rules of the game.

Not so hard a concept to accept now is it?

BonusKun
Jul 6, 2003, 02:45 PM
On 2003-07-06 11:11, CivX wrote:

Sure there are.

You get eternally hated by all the legit players of PSO to the point to where you will be flamed royally if you so much as stick your face into a lobby.

Please note that this is actually stated if you actually gib a fukk what other people think about how you play the game.

CivX
Jul 6, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-07-06 12:45, BonusKun wrote:

Sure there are.

You get eternally hated by all the legit players of PSO to the point to where you will be flamed royally if you so much as stick your face into a lobby.

Please note that this is actually stated if you actually gib a fukk what other people think about how you play the game.

Then those players are pathetic.

RedRage
Jul 6, 2003, 10:26 PM
I dupe all of my good rares but I never give them away or even trade them. I have them all stored on a second memory card with clone chars just in case I ever get corrupted.

Infernal95
Jul 7, 2003, 06:01 PM
Duping is like tAKING THE FUN RIGHT OUT OF THE Game. when you plAY YOU FIND THE Rare items or weAPONS AND THEN YOU DUP THEM thAT JUST RUINS THE Game.

aT LEAST THEY are mAKING A downloAD FOR ONLINE thAT YOU Cant dup no more.

Aceizace
Jul 8, 2003, 01:38 AM
BonusKun, thats funny, cos i know about 50 people who play the game and don't even know what BKBs, J Swords and Guld Millas even are, let alone own one. Can't possilbly be an over-exaduration on your part there, it must be me who's wrong. To be honest i'm not bothered what sonic team want or say. I'm trying to find out people's opinions, there are cheats in loads of games that i'm sure the developers would rather wern't there.

Anyone who starts hating someone else online is a pretty pathetic person anyway, esp if its over something as pointless as duping, are they trying to make enemys? I'd rather not be liked by a person like that thank you very much.

Also fake money is completely different from duping on pso. Like i said before, there is only so much money in the world, whereas pso is a game that generates meseta and items infinatly, they will never run out, so making duped versions isn't cheating anyone in the same way as fake money would.

Oh, and Infernal95, you need a new caps lock key, and also, can you explain why you think it ruins the game, rather than just stating it does? Thanks.

Creasian
Jul 8, 2003, 02:33 AM
I wonder where the players who just like to play the game and only judge other players by how they play, like pesonality, respect, kindness.. I mean for a online game sure seems like we have alot of hate groups.

OKAY sorry back on main topic. Dupes arent evil, or hacked items, its the purpose behind them by the user. If they dupe for backup, or for JUST themselves or their close buddies, or for offline only, i mean thats their business and no one here has a single right to flame them. Complain all you want about how all dupers suck and such, if ST did read these forums they see how many people act and i doubt they think its worth the effort to do anything cause as said before its the player behind the game not the data. No one appreciates some mass duping and handing items out like candy. No one appreciated people judging others and making them feel like trash and taking that smile from their face's irl when their playing their game and some ass Went into THEIR game saw them use a dupe and spread it in the lobbies. Thats what effects people funs and their games people, not the dupes or being legit or whatever. Why cant people realize its how you act and use what you have.

I mean do any of you people who do some of the stuff above feel good about yourselfs after taking away someone gaming fun? You mass dupe to hand them to newbies and dont tell people their dupesand try and trade them as legits. You run to lobbies and tell them theres a duper named this or that, and watch as they come into a lobby and get trashed and come to find out the duper never handed out his dupes like water, he just played useing his own stuff? Well.. good that those who do such things dont matter, and there are many more good players who play legit and dupe who like treating people better. People who dont respect others, and do such things and much more, nothing but bullies who need to grow up and learn to place nicely with others.

Duping hacking, cracking, editing your character data is fine and good, as long as the player does not try and purposely ruin someone else's fun. That also means making sure people know what their tradeing for, explainingwhat your giving to a newbie so they can make a good judgement about the transaction, and respecting games you join, and also, people who respect games they join, deserve to have their games respect as well. It should never be a one way street.

J-
Jul 8, 2003, 02:57 PM
The reason I love rpg's is because every time you grow a level, find a good item, or advance in some way, you feel as if you are one step closer to raising yourself to power over the game. You feel as if you are more in control of the machine than it is over you, and that you can issue more pain and judgement than you have taken on past experiences. This is a big uplifter for times when I'm feeling down. I'm sure everyone knows the feeling you get when you find that one item you have been searching for for a long while, and that feeling you get when you drop a boss for the first time. Ah, those were the days! Now it KILLS ME to see tons of 10, 11, or even 12 starred items dumped around carelessly as if 300 hours of game play had been emptied onto the floor. WHY must dupers destroy the feeling many of us get by showing us that we have wasted A LOT of our time when we could have just been givin the item the first 5 minutes of play. Yes, it is true that duplicators have rights to thier items, but they should not be imposing on my 50 and upwords dollars by ruining my experience. IF THEY THINK THEY ARE SOMEHOW DOING A GOOD DEED BY HELPING A POOR NOOB CUT HOURS OFF POTENTIAL PLAYING TIME, THEY ARE WRONG the game was not made for that, ST should dedicate a ship for all dupers to join to get them away from us legit players.

PrinceCorky
Jul 8, 2003, 03:02 PM

Actually, there were consequences. However, these consequences were ruining the PSO lives of the WRONG PEOPLE!!!I'm talking about the double save, here!!! Do people not understand that...that...argh!!!
Duping may...that's MAY be fine under VERY FEW circumstances, but it is just wrong the way dupers use it...If only Sonic Team gave a god-damned damn about what was happening, we wouldn't be having these hundred discussions!!! If only there was a way to get Sonic off his stupid butt and help us!!!!!

Woo...I'm out of breath...
Oh, and by the way, well said Creasian

J-
Jul 8, 2003, 03:20 PM
You should have to make guys that are playable only online, that would cut back a little on dupers, also, they should remove that npc that talks about tekkers if they dont want dupers, I mean, who really cares about learning about tekkers when you are in ultimate?