PDA

View Full Version : PC PSO Server guide site back up...

Phantasm
Feb 17, 2001, 06:41 PM
Ok, the turn your PC into a server for playing PSO site is back up. I took it down to try to get the stupid FrontPage extensions working on it but it didn't work--oh well.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about basically it's a guide that walks you through setting up a PC to share its broadband connection with the Dreamcast thru the DC's 56k modem. The address is:
http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/

Sorry I haven't been to quick to respond to everyone's e-mails. There have been a lot of them. For those having problems getting the timing down for connecting the DC and PC, I updated the guide with a different approach to timing it right.

I've had problems with FOrces, for some reason they don't move on my screen. This may or may not happen with other characters, I don't know. This is probably due to another port being used that needs mapping. I'll try to troubleshoot this today; I didn't want to fuck with it yesterday since I kept hearing stories about the PSO servers fucking up all day. I'll let you guys know when I update the site with the fix.

Also I've tried QIIIA with this method and it just freezes up after it gets connected. I don't know what's up with that. And NBA2k1 is being a bitch too. Haven't tried NFL2k1 yet, tho.

P.S. Thanks for those of you who've been helping out with the tech support, and thanks for all the positive feedback!

Peace

Phantasm
Feb 17, 2001, 08:16 PM
Ok I think I found the problem, I played a game and the PSO server was using port 40975, which was just outside the range of ports I said to map. The site has been updated with a new recommendation for the port mapping: map the range 40000-41999.