PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Attack speed?

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 27, 2003, 11:31 AM
Well since I just got to VHard mode now, I have a couple of rare items and are the weapon's attack speed same within classes(Sword, daggers, claws, etc..) or are they all different?

BTW, is it me or the game cuz the evil sharks look like they are crack(faster).

LegendaryMage
Jun 27, 2003, 11:40 AM
I think the only "equipment" that gets faster with beter versions are techs. But yes the enimies are signifigantly faster on Vhard, if you want to see how fast compare a delsaber's attack from normal to Vhard.

HooBoy
Jun 27, 2003, 11:43 AM
you're pretty new to this game i take it.
yeah you will find different advantages between different weapon types like a sword without a god battle will be painstakingly slow to hit but will hit for reasonable to good damage on all enemies while a partisan will do the same but with higher speed and less power its just a matter of finding what you are most comfortable with. As for daggers and double swords types its basically the same old thing with the double swords having the edge in power but having (in my opinion) a rubbish attack combo and one less hit than daggers, sabers i usually leave alone if i use them at all but if you do make sure you have a good resta or something like that. And yeah its much easier to notice the enemies making better ground on you after the jump to v hard the pace they move at will make you cry in ultimate beleive you me i mean arlan how can something so big move so fast AND hurt so much....well hope that helps a bit you can imagine the same thing with the guns its basically the same rules.

HooBoy
Jun 27, 2003, 11:46 AM
well im the fool....gotta learn to read more accurately well back to school again......

Neo_Slayer
Jun 27, 2003, 11:53 AM
you guys should see ultimate. not only are they wicked fast but they have alot more attack power.

but they do give you lots of EXP. one Barble(boomas)
can give to 260 exp.

Malkavian
Jun 27, 2003, 01:08 PM
In Ult many enemies run faster than in ver2. Hopefully the stingiest ones are slower. This is something that it wasn't in DC. Now Tollaws, Melqueeks and Del-Ds have vhard speed in Ultimate.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 27, 2003, 01:18 PM
There is a big differnce in speeds of weapons. Like the spread needle and a bazooka. You'll find that the ranges are also much different.

XerxesIX
Jun 27, 2003, 01:35 PM
Also, in case you haven't noticed, */Battle units (i.e. General/Battle; God/Battle), when equipped, make your weapon's speed slightly faster.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 27, 2003, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna be eaten alive when I get to Ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway I am using Flowen's Sword or Last Survivor(Only weapons that I have found in Hard mode besides the hundreds of DB's Saber) when they are hords of enemies around me which really makes it easier but for bosses and single enemies, I usually stick with my G-Assassin's Sabers. So besides the God items, does Evasion in my stats help my attack speed or is that for something else?

Logical2u
Jun 27, 2003, 02:32 PM
Evasion is for DODGING attacks. (my Ramar EVP is 500 with armor, and dodges almost every attack)

Weapons speed is modifiable by battle units, and they all have different speeds.

Sabers: Speedy
Swords:Slow
Partisans:Decent, but slow
Daggers: Fast for every attack, but slow compared per hit.
Slicers: Decent
Handguns: Quick
Rifles: Decent
Mechguns: Similar to daggers
Shot/Shotgun: very slow.
And I havent played as a force yet so no speed times.

SubstanceD
Jun 27, 2003, 03:08 PM
On 2003-06-27 12:13, CoLDSTeeL wrote:
I'm gonna be eaten alive when I get to Ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know what you mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I am currently on Very Hard and I am afraid of making the jump to Ultimate. It is not the increased stregth of teh enemies that worries me nor is it the increased speed, it is the Megid that scares me ( especially since I rely very heavily on melee attacks ), but when you take the speed, the strenghth and the megid into concideration than I am positive I am going to get creamed.

So the enemies move even faster in Ulimate, oh well I figured they did ( it was kind of hard not to notice how the enemies got faster and faster as the difficulty increases although I was kind of hoping that they stopped getting faster by Very Hard.

Mirian
Jun 27, 2003, 03:08 PM
Speaking of forces, dont they have a type of long range weapon? I was playing a quest once and the Force behind me swung a Force weapon and hit an enemy from pretty far away...

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 27, 2003, 03:10 PM
On 2003-06-27 13:08, SubstanceD wrote:

On 2003-06-27 12:13, CoLDSTeeL wrote:

I know what you mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I am currently on Very Hard and I am afraid of making the jump to Ultimate. It is not the increased stregth of teh enemies that worries me nor is it the increased speed, it is the Megid that scares me ( especially since I rely very heavily on melee attacks ), but when you take the speed, the strenghth and the megid into concideration than I am positive I am going to get creamed.

So the enemies move even faster in Ulimate, oh well I figured they did ( it was kind of hard not to notice how the enemies got faster and faster as the difficulty increases although I was kind of hoping that they stopped getting faster by Very Hard.

Now I am even freaked out some more hahaha!

SubstanceD
Jun 27, 2003, 03:21 PM
By the way I am not sure if this is what you were asking about but one of the first rares that I found was a Last Survivor and I could have sworn that it was slight bit slower than all the other swords that I had used up to that point. I have tried swinging it multiple times and then tried similar rare swords ( Flowen Sords and my Dragon Slayer ) and I am still convinced that it is slightly slower than the other swords so in my opinion ( and this is only my opinion ) atack speeds between similar weapons of the same class can vary.

Interceptor
Jun 27, 2003, 04:47 PM
Forces can use cards, wich they throw from a distance. They're actually pretty good weapons.
btw, does devil/battle make a lot of difference? Cause i'm spending ages trying to find one, i'm an oran so i can only get it from a poully slime on V hard. But damn, they don't show up easy and they've only dropped crap so far...

Kupi
Jun 27, 2003, 05:58 PM
The Intercontinental Ballistic Force Weapon Hits are exclusive to weapons wielded by quest Forces. =/

jonny-5
Jun 27, 2003, 08:08 PM
On 2003-06-27 11:08, Malkavian wrote:
In Ult many enemies run faster than in ver2. Hopefully the stingiest ones are slower. This is something that it wasn't in DC. Now Tollaws, Melqueeks and Del-Ds have vhard speed in Ultimate.

I noticed that as well... The enemies in Ultimate v2 were extremly fast, and Ulitmate was alot more difficult.

Dhylec
Jun 27, 2003, 11:36 PM
On 2003-06-27 13:08, Mirian wrote:
Speaking of forces, dont they have a type of long range weapon? I was playing a quest once and the Force behind me swung a Force weapon and hit an enemy from pretty far away...

i noticed that too..
i think that's a glitch..