PDA

View Full Version : an online question

MelancholyWitch
Jun 27, 2003, 06:35 PM
hey i havent been online yet but i might this week i heard so much bad stuff about crouption and hacking that pso online is so screwd up i was just wondering if i should go online.

Devio2003
Jun 27, 2003, 06:54 PM
Going online is worth it, for the quests, playing with 4 people and rares. Despite the bad stuff Online Mode is freakin awesome.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 27, 2003, 07:00 PM
thanks

Ghaleon
Jun 27, 2003, 07:43 PM
there isnt really any hacking....just some duped items and some mags are hacked but its not gonna kill you. and i havent corrupted yet so im still goin

jonny-5
Jun 27, 2003, 07:56 PM
The good in online tends to outweigh the bad in my opinion. Dupes are prevelant, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to take them. The fun you have with socializing, meeting new friends, and doing quests is worth going online in itself.

Benoit
Jun 28, 2003, 07:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=56407&forum=1&16

rena-ko
Jun 28, 2003, 08:03 AM
just be careful when changing ships and blocks - when you're caught between menus, remember there's soft reset (cube: start+b+x for 1 second).
never enter games from lobby #01 then you'll have a way lower chance on freezing when returning to the lobby.
and never ever carry any weapon/item thats precious to you unequipped.

last time i froze ingame was several months ago.

with this in mind, you'll just need some patience with dupe-users and you should look what you're trading for.

so, welcome online, have fun ^_^

jonny-5
Jun 28, 2003, 10:45 PM
Furthermore, when you are online try not to carry more than 1 or 2 items unequipped as Rena-Ko mentioned. Even if you think its safe, don't do it... I know way too many people who take like 20 rare items to go show off in Forest or what not and end up freezing. They end up losing all those precious rares. Same goes for mags and any other item for that matter that is not equipped. However, I am probably making it sound worse than it actually is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheDeepForce_5
Jun 28, 2003, 11:14 PM
Also, don't play on Vega Block 1. I don't see how changing lobbies, can help. In fact, I've gotten FSOD more times from changing lobbies than from I don't know what else, that, and changing ships.