PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: The Perfect type of weapon for a HUmar

Genoa
Jun 27, 2003, 07:17 PM
What is the best type? I'm not just talking about straight out Attack Power, I want something with good ATA and won't lower my evasion, I guess I just described a Partisan. But swords are good too. So I was wondering... All you people that have your little "Perfect Weapon Type" for your Hunter, Tell me so I can determine my new HUmar's section ID.

Oh and in writing, please tell me what would be better to have: Double sabers or Twin Swords

Stalfos333
Jun 27, 2003, 07:30 PM
Twin Swords are slow, and attack less than Double Sabres. They do have higher ATP, in general, though.

Partisans are good for HuMars, as are Swords. Slicers are not so useful, except against a few bosses (Del Rol Le comes to mind). With my HuCast, I carry mechguns, Swords, and a Double Sabre. Just use what you like.

Genoa
Jun 27, 2003, 07:33 PM
so wait... The Twin swords don't attack with a total of a 6 hit combo?

monkeyfist
Jun 27, 2003, 07:45 PM
i like doing damage to multiple foes so i enjoy busting out Diskas (slicers) slicers are also great for De Rol Le and Vol Opt and also good for the first two stages of Dark Falz, btw, i thinks double sabers are better because they do lots of hits, the DOUBLE SABER steals TP, and the twirling looks very cool

Ghaleon
Jun 27, 2003, 07:49 PM
did you forget sabers?

Stalfos333
Jun 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
Twin Swords attack 5 times, in a 1, 2, 2 pattern. Double sabres attack in a 2, 1, 3 pattern.

Sonan
Jun 28, 2003, 12:51 AM
I prefer twin swords over double sabers. I almost never pull off a full six hit combo with double sabers, unless I use a weak-weak-strong attack, and even that ends up with me kissing the dirt a lot. I can consistently do a weak-strong-strong attack with twin swords, and push enemies far enough back they can't hit back.
But then compare the number of people that use twin swords to the number of people that use double sabers.

As for the "perfect" weapon, it's a tough call. Slicers are great at a distance, and lethal against bosses with multiple parts to hit. Up close, they won't hit as many enemies a sword. Swords also tend to be more powerful. Personally, I use both, but I use my sword more, so I'm voting sword.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sonan on 2003-06-27 22:52 ]</font>

NodMan
Jun 28, 2003, 12:55 AM
None of the weapons on your list but my Redria HUmar loves his 25% hit Black King Bar, his 65% hit Red Sword, and 10% hit Rocket Punch.

Duff_Man
Jul 2, 2003, 01:07 AM
With my Hucast I've found that a pair of vulcans with good hit % will do more damage than my Yamato or my Meteor Cudgel.
However, there seems to be a cap, because hunters can't equip any mechguns that are 10 stars or higher (except S-Rank).

Nai_Calus
Jul 2, 2003, 02:43 AM
I personally have the following on me at all times:

Lavis Cannon/Orotiagito(Saber/Katana-types): Normal-Heavy combos with a 3-hit weapon will almost always give you time to recover and move to another good position, allowing you to safely melee even large groups without sustaining damage. This can be incredibly useful if you can't take hits from the enemies you're facing yet.
Red Handgun(Handgun-type): Face it, you can't melee a Nano Dragon. Well, you -can-, but it's not worth it. Also good for picking off Ob Lillies at a nice safe distance, and for general carrying, as often if a trap pops up while going after boxes, or in a room, you'll have just enough time to shoot it before it explodes and damages you.
50% Master's Gatling(Mechgun-type): There are some situations where you just don't want a melee weapon. Ult Mines is one of them. Whip out the mechs, and mow 'em down.
Demolition Comet(Double Saber-type): Strong single enemies call for a double-saber type, as do bosses with one section that don't require a gun to hit(Bob/Sil Bob, Vol Opt's pillars and second form, etc). Watch yourself, position yourself where you won't be taking a lot of damage, and start railing on 'em.
Red Partisan(Partisan-type): Yes, swords are powerful. Their ATA sucks and they're slow. Partisans have good ATA, are faster, and don't lower your evasion... They look better too. >P Great for De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie/Barba Ray while attached, and large groups of enemies. And of course for meleeing large groups of enemies.

I don't always carry all of the above at once, though... Not much point to most of it in Ult Mines, where you'll want a Mechgun-type, a Partisan, and a Handgun, and that's about it. And Forest doesn't need Partisans often, or Mechguns, or indeed Handguns. Know your situation. ^_^

Logical2u
Jul 2, 2003, 07:09 AM
Partisans with a Humar are much faster attacking then swords wih the same area of effect. However, if you choose Parts, you should max out your basic ATP with mags and units because they are weaker then sabers.

bunnysama
Jul 2, 2003, 08:41 AM
I personally like 1 long combo single enemy weapon(twin swords, dagger, double sabers) a slicer, and a hand gun

for example I'm using right now sange&yasha, flight cutter, reda hand gun, and I'm carrying around a orotagaito cause I just got it and it's cool

Genkaku_McDohl
Jul 2, 2003, 10:26 AM
swords lack accuracy and lowers your evasion. but on the other hand they have power. partisans on the other hand lack power, but excel in every thing else. that dont lower evasion, better accuracy, implanted with a special ability will most likely set that ability off, and have better range. even though it takes a while to kill an enemy, it fills photon bars faster.

its my weapon of choice

DuoEpitafhMaxwell
Jul 2, 2003, 10:56 AM
I voted sowrds, but a better weapon would be a twin brand, as many hits as a dagger type, but more power.

Unfoutunatly dobble saber types are a bitch to find I have only found one with my yellowboze.

Dillon
Jul 2, 2003, 11:41 AM
I agree with Ian, there..except.

I always carry the following:

DelSaber's Buster +9 (since I've yet to find any red slimes to try and get my Lavis Cannon)

Gea Bolg +10 (since I have no better partisans..)

Supressed Gun +9 (since this is the best handgun I can get, I believe)

and sometimes my Master's Repeater. Not usually though. But anyway, with the Buster, I can pick off groups of 3 on Ult no problem..but any more and i bust out the Partisan to deal with them..just more convenient.