PDA

View Full Version : unbalanced Versus mode?

Zero101
Mar 15, 2001, 12:36 PM
I know the append disc will feature a Versus mode, but has anyone considered how unbalanced this would be between different classes?
A ranger with a good gun will devastate a Hunter with a melee weapon. The hunter would be dead before he could get close enough to land a blow.
A force wouldn't stand much of a chance against a hunter (if the hunter could get close enough).
I think the concept of a versus mode is cool, but I have a feeling it will just turn into a spread needle competition.

Neojin
Mar 15, 2001, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping for team competition, like 2 on 2 possibly. Now that could be interesting. And this CTF things (if its real) sounds like the kewlest thing ever!!

I think more "mini games" is just what PSO needs to take the emphasis off of just the same ol dungeon crawl for exp and loot.

Artisan
Mar 15, 2001, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping that it won't be a straight Player vs. Player versus mode. As I understand it, it's something more like capture the flag. As it is, they're still going to have to do something to address the balance between the classes, otherwise there'll be no point in playing. Think about it- High level forces will be darned near unstoppable by other players.

All it takes is a few level 12-15 Gi/Razondes, and you'll neutralize any HUcast. RAcast, or RAcaseal opponents (darned short status effect). Similarly, Gi/Rabarta will freeze other character, or you could just start hitting them with Megid or Grants. If you don't think you can stop them before they do massive damage to you, you can use Jellun/Zalure as an equalizer. The only real disadvantage you'd have is having to swap shortcut buttons mid-fight to do all this, since it's not like *fluid is hard to come by. Unless someone's using a Spread Needle (which will be common enough, since just about everyone has access to one now), I really don't see Forces losing a round in Battle Mode.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Artisan on 2001-03-15 10:05 ]</font>