PDA

View Full Version : Rather Weird... (Ultimate > SKYLY > VR Temple)

Reenee
Jun 28, 2003, 09:11 AM
Some of you have known me for continuously going through Ultimate VR Temple as a SKYLY on my own little quest to nab a Yasha from those stingy Indi Belras (no, I haven't gotten it yet).

Of course, during one's quest, we must also happen upon acquiring other nifty rare items as well. I've found most of everything (countless Justys, 3 Heart of Poumns, a disappointing Regenerate Gear find from Mil Lily, 2 Flowen's Shields, rather rare model of the DB's Sword [AUW 3067], the common Dragon Slayers, Last Survivors, and Custom Rays, and a couple of Twin Brands).

So, now I'm only left with 4 items to acquire. With my 60+ run record:

-Yasha, from Indi Belras (pretty logical for them to not drop it, but it's starting to take too long).
-Mahu, from Del-Ds (which is rather weird since Mahu isn't all that rare)
-Ancient Saber (from Hidelts, which I'm guessing I should've gotten one by now)
-God/Power (from Hildetorrs, and I've never, ever seen one in VR Temple yet).

What would one make of this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-06-28 07:12 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Jun 28, 2003, 09:33 AM
Well let's start by comparing what I've found to what you've found. I've found at least one of the following...

Dragon's Slayer - Arlan
Flowen's Shield - Merlan
Mahu - Del-D
Justy-23ST - El Rappy
Heart of Poumn - Love Rappy
Justy-23ST - Ob Lily
Regenerate Gear - Mil Lily
Justy-23ST - Mothvert
x - Hildelt
God/Power - Hildetorr
DB's Sword 3067 - Crimson Assassin
x - Indi Belra
Twin Brand - Barba Ray

The three Hildetorrs I found were all in Maximum Attack 2, all in the southwest room, and all on the first wave. Two of them dropped God/Power, the other junk. I purposely attacked MA2 just for those Hildetorrs. I was hoping to find an Ancient Saber from one of the Hildelts in the process, but it never happened. Seems to be one of the stingier drops, at least as far as Skyly is concerned. The only other item I haven't gotten is the Yasha. I haven't really put much effort into it, though, as there aren't many Belras and the rarity of that item is just frustrating. I did find that there's a good room for hunting Belras in MA2, but trying to tackle that room alone at any level without a guaranteed freeze item is tantamount to suicide. And I don't often hunt items with others to avoid the issue of who gets the item.

It does seem a little weird that you haven't found a Mahu off a Del-D yet. But then again it has a finicky drop rate, being a 10 star item. Not to mention the fact that Del-D's have a pretty shoddy overall drop rate for any items at all (30%, I believe). The one that troubles me (and perhaps both of us) is the Ancient Saber. Another 10 star item, but this one comes from an enemy with an 80% overall drop rate. I guess we just haven't gotten lucky, but it sure seems like it should have dropped by now.

Edit: clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-28 07:38 ]</font>

excecutor
Jun 28, 2003, 09:34 AM
yeah ive made over 20 runs through the temple and have found a few of the db sabers, one heart of poumn, countless dragon slayers, last survivors, and custom rays, and 1 flowens sheild. i also have 2 twin brands. but i have found 2 mahus, so go me!. well back to searching for my yasha.....

excecutor
Jun 28, 2003, 09:43 AM
shapiro, are u playing maximum attack 2? or are u just making runs through the temple like me, a poor offliner?

Rappy-Assassin
Jun 28, 2003, 10:57 AM
I found a mahu do you wanna trade for it???????

Soukosa
Jun 28, 2003, 11:48 AM
I've done about 6 or 7 runs through there with my Skyly. Here's the list of things that I've recorded finding there so far, in order:

Del-D - Mahu
Box - Last Survivor
Arlan - Dragon Slayer
Box - Last Survivor
Box - Last Survivor
Ob Lily - Justy-23ST
El Rappy - Justy-23ST
Box - Wals-MK2
Barba Ray - Twin Brand
El Rappy - Justy-23ST
Box - Last Survivor
Ob Lily - Photon Drop
El Rappy - Justy-23ST
Barba Ray - Twin Brand
El Rappy - Justy-23ST
Ob Lily - Photon Drop
Box - Last Survivor
Arlan - Dragon Slayer

I've also gotten a Heart of Poumn and God/Power from piping and a Regenerate Gear from a Mil Lily that I saw when I first tried doing the area, which was sometime before I started doing regular runs there.

Stalfos333
Jun 28, 2003, 11:53 AM
You all have better luck than I have! The extent of my Ep 2 rares are a God/Power my Redria found, a Stag Cutlery, and countless P-Drops. I'd list them, but my Skyly hasn't found anything but drops...