PDA

View Full Version : Question: You may hear this a lot.

Nikad
Jun 28, 2003, 02:24 PM
Alright, I've done it. I have gotten my lazy arse a job, and in making 2-300 dollars every pay day, I have enough left over money <car payments -_-> to do something fun. Anyhoo, do you HAVE to have a credit card to join PSO online? I've never tried, but I have Cable, I'm guessing I should be able to connect with that, and I am buying the adapter in the next few days, but before I do it, I need to know how you pay for it.

Just asking how you pay for a Hunter's Liscense, I can't find out anywhere ,and the gae won't tell me until I purchase the adapter, and I don't want to waste my money if you have to use a credit card, which me nor my parents have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nikad on 2003-06-28 13:03 ]</font>

Ness
Jun 28, 2003, 04:32 PM
To do it officially you need a credit card, but I bet there are some third party websites that will let you do it without one. I don't like to trust third party websites though.

jonny-5
Jun 28, 2003, 07:51 PM
I dont trust others that I dont know with my money but you can try this website if you have no credit card:

http://www.psoexplorer.com

Nikad
Jun 29, 2003, 12:45 AM
On 2003-06-28 17:51, jonny-5 wrote:
I dont trust others that I dont know with my money but you can try this website if you have no credit card:

http://www.psoexplorer.com

Thanks, I'm still not sure if I can trust them though. Has anyone tried this site and it worked, or one like it?
If not, I can get my money through some pay-maxx card something. It is the same as a visa or amstercard, except your pay goes into your account instead of given to you directly. It would take 2weeks though? Suggestions?

X-thirteen
Jun 29, 2003, 12:47 AM
just go get a check card

Nikad
Jun 29, 2003, 01:19 AM
On 2003-06-28 22:47, X-thirteen wrote:
just go get a check card

Are you sure it would work though? I haven't bothered to buy the adapter yet because I didn't know if I could get online with it or not becasue of needing a credit card. Anyhoo, this site seems to work only it would cost an extra $3.00 a month to do it.

I'm not sure if the PayMaxx thing would work as a credit card. It says anywhere that accepts Visa or Mastercard it should work..What do you think, try getting the card and waiting three weeks?

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 01:23 AM
PSO Explorer is great. Just remember that you must use them the first time you get online with PSO. After that, you must always pay THEM to get you online.

Paying the extra $2.05 is worth it. And they give you a 3-month option for kicks.

pixelate
Jun 29, 2003, 01:51 AM
On 2003-06-28 23:19, Nikad wrote:

On 2003-06-28 22:47, X-thirteen wrote:
just go get a check card

Are you sure it would work though?

Yea, some check cards work. I have a Visa check card from Bank of America, and it works just fine.

If you're starting to make money with that job, it's about time to open a decent bank account.

Nikad
Jun 29, 2003, 01:58 AM
[/quote]

Yea, some check cards work. I have a Visa check card from Bank of America, and it works just fine.

If you're starting to make money with that job, it's about time to open a decent bank account.

[/quote]

Hmmm, at 16 they let you open up a bank account? Anyhoo, PSOE works? Tell me,if I sent them cash and info, how long would I have to wait before connecting online? Would they have to wait like 2 weeks to make sure the money got there before they could hook me up?

Atax
Jun 29, 2003, 02:29 AM
When you mean a cheack card, do you mean a debit credit card (IE a card that works like a credit card, but instead uses existing funds in an account)?

If so, yes, but they have to belong to the same credit card series that is supported (IE one that uses Visa's or Mastercard's services).

pixelate
Jun 29, 2003, 03:05 AM
On 2003-06-28 23:58, Nikad wrote:
Hmmm, at 16 they let you open up a bank account?

Yea, you just need a parent with you when you open the account. Call some banks. Having an account early on is worth it.

Nikad
Jun 29, 2003, 08:07 AM
[/quote]

Yea, you just need a parent with you when you open the account. Call some banks. Having an account early on is worth it.

[/quote]

Blah, I asked, the BoA here won't let me cause my parents have bad credit or something. Thanks for all that posted, it all helped. I'm prolley gunna go with PSOE, but I'm wondering if they would hook me up for like 10 min. just to see if it works. IF they are making $2+ for fees then it should work, and I check their message boards. It has 700-something messages and no-1 ahs complained.

Again, thank-you to everyone who has posted, I'm sure that other people ask this question and maybe this will help them too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nikad on 2003-06-29 06:38 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Jun 29, 2003, 02:43 PM
my Hunter's License is setup on a debit/check card, so yes, it works ... just make sure you have at least $10 every month in there, or you will get overdrawn, then things get ugly

Nikad
Jun 29, 2003, 09:31 PM
Alright, I have plenty of time to think about it. PSOE is on vacation and what-not and I don't thinkI can get hooked up until the 11th, and if I did the card, I would have to wait until my next payday, which is in two weeks.

<Can you believe I have to work on the 4th of July...5-12:30 a.m. I like the money though>

Also, thanks for the help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nikad on 2003-06-29 19:33 ]</font>