PDA

View Full Version : XB-Item: Easiest way to find Lavis Cannon?

DAmien_SE
Jun 28, 2003, 05:31 PM
I am looking for The Lavis Cannon and i know that i can get it from Tollaw on ultimate! But how?s the easiest way to find it?

My Section ID is Purpulenum (obviously)

Eumcoz
Jun 28, 2003, 06:14 PM
my guess would be redria, from pouilly slime, but i've only looked one one place for it, sinow red, and well, lets just say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. once by bro gets his redria up, ill prolly look for it on there.

Bit
Jun 28, 2003, 06:14 PM
Well, Sadly. There isn't an easy way to get a Lavis Cannon. Good luck finding one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-06-28 16:17 ]</font>

DAmien_SE
Jun 28, 2003, 07:02 PM
I´ve Alreday noticed that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif! Done the quest like 30 times in a row and not a singel Lavis! Maby i´m unlucky or somthing!

Bit
Jun 28, 2003, 07:40 PM
Nah. It's just a hard item to find. I've done plenty of runs for my Agito 75. No dice.

DAmien_SE
Jun 29, 2003, 06:18 AM
Yeah! well gotta keep looking for it!

VulpesMundi
Jun 29, 2003, 07:08 AM
Tollaws are arguably one of the stingiest enemies in the game. Good luck ever getting one from them. Redria has the best odds of getting one, but it's difficult to come by rare Pouilly Slimes.

It basically comes down to this...
Either face a high quantity enemy with a horrendously stingy drop rate, or face a low quantity enemy with a decent drop rate. You'll have to decide for yourself which is the lesser of two evils.

As for myself, I have done over 100 Purplenum Lost Heat Sword runs (more Tollaws than any other quest), but never got a Lavis Cannon off them. I went through 22 Redria Pouilly Slimes and managed to score a Lavis Cannon that way. Of course I'm on the GC, but both the GC and XB have identical gameplay and are therefore interchangeable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-29 05:09 ]</font>

Dillon
Jun 29, 2003, 07:32 AM
On 2003-06-28 17:40, Bit wrote:
Nah. It's just a hard item to find. I've done plenty of runs for my Agito 75. No dice.

I hear that. 6+ hours (more if I didn't have to work) of making runs through Ult forest..as;ldkfjg! *kicks the stingy Tallows*

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 10:23 AM
70+ Soul of a Blacksmith runs.

No dice. ;(

Dillon
Jun 29, 2003, 10:34 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 10:38 AM
15 Level-ups, tho!

DAmien_SE
Jun 29, 2003, 11:10 AM
Yeah! The tollaws are indeed stingy! Maby i should giving up on the Lavis Cannon with my section id!

Richard
Jun 29, 2003, 11:23 AM
It's possible, that's all the motivation you should need. Besides, as far as I know, Purplenum gets the Lavis Cannon second easiest, behind Redria of course.

Oh yeah, here's a list of which Section IDs get the Lavis Cannon easiest (or easier, or at least):

1st - Redria - Pouilly Slime (Telepipe Trick)
2nd - Purplenum - Tollaw (Heat Sword)
3rd/4th - Bluefull/Oran - Sinow Red (Soul of Steel [first room only])
5th/6th - Yellowboze/Whitill - Gibbles (West Tower)
7th* - Viridia - Gran Sorcerer (Doc's Secret Plan)
8th* - Skyly - Del-D (Retired Hunter)
9th - Greennill - Morfos (N/A)
10th - Pinkal - Pofuilly Slime (N/A)

* It's really hard to say between Viridia and Skyly, as I've seen very few successful reports of each. But I think the Viridia one is slightly easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-06-29 09:25 ]</font>

DAmien_SE
Jun 29, 2003, 01:39 PM
Hey thanks for the info Richard! it really helps out!

Well if Purpulenum is the second best to find Lavis then i just have to keep looking for like 1 week nonstop!