PDA

View Full Version : Hacking VS. Glitch

Sedyne
Jun 28, 2003, 10:52 PM
There are many forms of cheating. Some which "legits" condone, and others which "im a fricken super legit" (right get a life) don't condone at all.

For instance...there's Hacking...where we all know is the ultimate non legit person...however

Do you consider someone legit if they....

Use a hacked weapon, yet level up legitly without modding character stats....

Use duped materials.....

Ever even touch a rare weapon that they know was hacked....

Expose tricks such as the boss trick, canabin trick...

are they still legit? My opinion....

SCREW IT ALL PLAY FOR FUN

but i still wanna here others reply to this =3

Asuka_chan
Jun 28, 2003, 11:16 PM
Depends on your point of view. If people want to cheat, let 'em. Not much you can do about it anyway, in my opinion.

ginko990
Jun 28, 2003, 11:55 PM
Everything you said is unlegit except for the boss/canabine trick.

Trickstr
Jun 29, 2003, 12:07 AM
I agree just have fun ^-^

Xion810
Jun 29, 2003, 11:41 AM
If the person is using duped mats, duped weapons, duped everything...That's not cheating on their part. They got them online, and they have no idea if they were legit or not, so they just say "hey, I don't care I just wanna use them. Let me be in peace!"

Now, if they actually duped the weapons themselves, and duped everyting, that would make them a cheater.

About the tricks, I have no idea what those are so I will not express my feelings about them. (If either of these tricks can help me beat Falz Vhard PM me them FAST!)

Barubary6
Jun 29, 2003, 12:35 PM
On 2003-06-28 21:55, ginko990 wrote:

What's weird is how the moderators here treat them differently. They'll ban you for posting the boss repeat trick, but not for posting the Canabin repeat trick. And the only explanation they give is that the boss repeat trick involves messing with the phone line as opposed to being in-game like the Canabin trick. But then, why is it against the rules to post the Japanese store dupe?

-- Barubary

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2003, 02:13 PM
On 2003-06-29 10:35, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2003-06-28 21:55, ginko990 wrote:

What's weird is how the moderators here treat them differently. They'll ban you for posting the boss repeat trick, but not for posting the Canabin repeat trick. And the only explanation they give is that the boss repeat trick involves messing with the phone line as opposed to being in-game like the Canabin trick. But then, why is it against the rules to post the Japanese store dupe?

-- Barubary

Well said, I had the exact same thought.

Gladiator-at-XBoxLive
Jun 29, 2003, 02:19 PM
I just want to say this now.

DUPING!! Is not a hack it is a glitch in the game therefore Sega will not know if they Item is duped therefore i concider it a Legit Trick seeming as though all tricks are inconsistancy's in the game. Duping is merely exploiting another inconcistancy. So in short if you concider doing tricks legit then duping is legit to you.

Hacking is when you all the sudden have a S-Rank J-Cutter in the GameCube or XBox version.

ginko990
Jun 29, 2003, 08:08 PM
On 2003-06-29 12:19, Gladiator-at-XBoxLive wrote:
I just want to say this now.

DUPING!! Is not a hack it is a glitch in the game therefore Sega will not know if they Item is duped therefore i concider it a Legit Trick seeming as though all tricks are inconsistancy's in the game. Duping is merely exploiting another inconcistancy. So in short if you concider doing tricks legit then duping is legit to you.

Hacking is when you all the sudden have a S-Rank J-Cutter in the GameCube or XBox version.

While duping isnt a hack that duping is still unlegit.

ChokingVictim
Jun 29, 2003, 11:13 PM
Barubary has one hell of a point here... the boss trick and canabine trick are pretty much the same thing... we can talk semantics all we want here but i gaurandamntee that ST never meant for canabines to be exploited or the boss glitch to be exploited.... so what if folks are gonna do either... if you find yourself personally affected by this then you got issues.... if i were to post the anarchist handbook on a web site should the government storm down my front door? (i can speak from an american perspective here) i should hope the f*** not...

everyone has the freedom of choice, volition to determine their 'legitness'....

banning information that in no way directly damages anyone becomes an issue unto itself...

i understand wanting to foster a so called 'legit' environment.... but when i see half of the trade lists posted for xbox, GC is a different arena now with that new quest, i know for a fact a ton of weapons up there are hacked... why not ban their accounts? why not ban accounts of folks who do business with folks who may possibly be duping said hacked items....

this is why censorship becomes such a slippery slope...

Tenton
Jun 29, 2003, 11:28 PM
I really dont care a player is legit as long as they dont brag about their superior killing ability when they use hack items^.^

StrikeTeam
Jul 1, 2003, 06:21 PM
Ok if you play online it is IMPOSSIBLE to be %100 legit .... by definition. It all depends on point of veiw. About a good 75% or more of the rares on PSOX are duped. ok what i figure if you didnt dupe it or hack it and you dont know it was hacked or duped then how can you be "non-legit" you are not breaking the rules by purpose. on the other hand if you know it is duped ir hacked and you use it then yes you can be called not legit but your still to a point more legit then the person actually making the dupe/hack. what i think the solution is? have a mass dupe destruction. you can destroy dupes and hacks faster then you can create them. but then you have the will of the people. who is going to want to destroy a j-sword with %100 on hit. Its up to you, the whole thing is based on point of veiw. So what does this whole post come down to?.......
Self choice... if you want to dupe go ahead im not going to stop you. its MY decision if i want that dupe or not. There is NO way to stop cheating..anywhere. in PSO or real life. If it bothers you that someone else is cheating...to bad(it may sound harsh but its true). Your the smarter person by not cheating and its going to come and bite the cheater in the ass by them not enjoying the game to its full. so in conclusion, its your point of veiw if someone is legit or not and your/there choice if they want to be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StrikeTeam on 2003-07-01 16:29 ]</font>