PDA

View Full Version : Some Errors

Soukosa
Jun 28, 2003, 11:01 PM
First, while I was checking the mat usage for my FOmarl, I noticed that the base ATA stat for the levels 50, 55, and 60 are listed as one higher than they really are. Second, there's some items in the item database that aren't listed as the correct type. I can list the weapons that I've found to be wrong, if you'd like.

LollipopLolita
Jun 28, 2003, 11:05 PM
sure you can list them. just to say this first though, there's some items in the item database that people will think is the wrong type, that was also previously classified as another type, but turned out sonic team classified it as that type.

Soukosa
Jun 29, 2003, 12:58 AM
Okay, I'll put it like this then. I feel that following weapons should be classified as something other than what are listed as, going by how the character holds them, how the animations, etc. Plus some of them contradict what's stated in the Photon Weapons guide.

First the ones that I'm positive should be something else. Fire Screptor: Agni, Ice Staff: Dagon, and Storm Wand: Indra are listed as canes but shouldn't they be listed as wands? Battle Verge, Brave Hammer, and Alive Aqhu are listed as canes as well, but shouldn't those be classified as Rods?

Then there's the Striker of Chao, which seems to move like a Rod to me and is essentially a Branch of Paku Paku, which is listed as a Rod, but with a chao on the end. So why would it be considered as something different? And, the Sting Tip, I've used one before and its animation was that of a saber, along with the sound of one and my FOnewearl held it as well. It also has a sword type weapon icon next to it in the item list, but it has always been listed as a Cane.

Last, there's some weapons that I haven't used yet but seem to be different from what they are listed as by looking at how they are held. I can guage the weapon type by looking at it since a FOnewearl holds a Cane at the back end, a Wand in the middle and a Rod in a way so it stands up. The Plaintain Leaf is listed as a cane but by how it is held it seems more like a Rod, plus it's very similar to a Fatsia which is listed as Rod. The Demonic Fork looks like a Rod due to how it's held. The Sigh of a God looks like a Cane since the FOnewearl in the picture holds on to it more towards the back than to the middle, but I guess I'd have to see the animation of one to really be for certain on that.

These are the ones that I noticed so far, I'll let you know if I see any others that I feel are wrong. Also, it's probably been stated before, but where do you get the official information from ST at?

LollipopLolita
Jun 29, 2003, 01:01 AM
First the ones that I'm positive should be something else. Fire Screptor: Agni, Ice Staff: Dagon, and Storm Wand: Indra are listed as canes but shouldn't they be listed as wands? Battle Verge, Brave Hammer, and Alive Aqhu are listed as canes as well, but shouldn't those be classified as Rods?

Then there's the Striker of Chao, which seems to move like a Rod to me and is essentially a Branch of Paku Paku, which is listed as a Rod, but with a chao on the end. So why would it be considered as something different? And, the Sting Tip, I've used one before and its animation was that of a saber, along with the sound of one and my FOnewearl held it as well. It also has a sword

The Plaintain Leaf is listed as a cane but by how it is held it seems more like a Rod, plus it's very similar to a Fatsia which is listed as Rod. The Sigh of a God looks like a Cane since the FOnewearl in the picture holds on to it more towards the back than to the middle, but I guess I'd have to see the animation of one to really be for certain on that.

talk to ST about those, I am just going by what the gamemakers classify them to be

get it from the guidebook they publish with softbank

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-28 23:02 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Jul 1, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-06-28 22:58, Kalonera wrote:
Okay, I'll put it like this then. I feel that following weapons should be classified as something other than what are listed as, going by how the character holds them, how the animations, etc. Plus some of them contradict what's stated in the Photon Weapons guide.

Then there's the Striker of Chao, which seems to move like a Rod to me and is essentially a Branch of Paku Paku, which is listed as a Rod, but with a chao on the end. So why would it be considered as something different? And, the Sting Tip, I've used one before and its animation was that of a saber, along with the sound of one and my FOnewearl held it as well. It also has a sword type weapon icon next to it in the item list, but it has always been listed as a Cane.

Last, there's some weapons that I haven't used yet but seem to be different from what they are listed as by looking at how they are held. I can guage the weapon type by looking at it since a FOnewearl holds a Cane at the back end, a Wand in the middle and a Rod in a way so it stands up. The Plaintain Leaf is listed as a cane but by how it is held it seems more like a Rod, plus it's very similar to a Fatsia which is listed as Rod. The Demonic Fork looks like a Rod due to how it's held. The Sigh of a God looks like a Cane since the FOnewearl in the picture holds on to it more towards the back than to the middle, but I guess I'd have to see the animation of one to really be for certain on that.

These are the ones that I noticed so far, I'll let you know if I see any others that I feel are wrong. Also, it's probably been stated before, but where do you get the official information from ST at?

I agree with all of those, Sigh of a god is a wand type though.

LollipopLolita
Jul 1, 2003, 07:40 PM
well we can't go with just opinions, we go by what the maker of the game classifies those item types to be.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 08:01 PM
On 2003-07-01 17:40, LollipopLolita wrote:
well we can't go with just opinions, we go by what the maker of the game classifies those item types to be.

I'm pretty sure they jsut classified any force weapon a cane.

eRUPT
Jul 1, 2003, 08:12 PM
On 2003-07-01 18:01, Davion wrote:

On 2003-07-01 17:40, LollipopLolita wrote:

I'm pretty sure they jsut classified any force weapon a cane.

I have the book right in front of me with all force weapons types specified and that is what we are gonna follow on the site. We definetly don't go beyond what ST themselves have classified any weapon as, in the past if things were different from the site its when we didn't have the books yet. Now things are correctly identified, and yes we understand it seems odd a weapon with the name Wand in it be a Cane, but email ST about it, we are not changing the game they made.