PDA

View Full Version : Saving areas

xanoki
Jun 29, 2003, 05:08 AM
Should PSO save your game progress online, so you can do the areas offline.

eg, complete Hard Caves online, you can do it offline without having to go through normal mode.

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2003, 08:39 AM
I don't know, that would sort of defeat the achievement you get for yourself for having to complete the areas offline.

Maybe it's just me, but I always liked having to beat the areas offline by myself, and I always worked hard at it so I could host games for my friends.

Over
Jun 29, 2003, 08:46 AM
On 2003-06-29 06:39, ABDUR101 wrote:
I don't know, that would sort of defeat the achievement you get for yourself for having to complete the areas offline.

Maybe it's just me, but I always liked having to beat the areas offline by myself, and I always worked hard at it so I could host games for my friends.

Abdur's got a point!

satoshi1
Jun 29, 2003, 12:52 PM
It would be nice if it saved the progress online, but maybe only if you made the game and you completed the area? But making you do it offline is sort of rewarding, knowing that you did get farther on your own. I dunno, tough choice.

kat
Jun 29, 2003, 08:44 PM
practically speaking, four people beat the dragon in hard mode, and they all get the credit? But they didnt' all do the work, and they didnt' all play the entire forest either. So does the person who died three times in the dragon and didnt show up in the game until halfway through forest II deserve to have the level beaten? Especially when he was playing with someone who had to keep reviving him and was there from the entering of Forest 1?

Night_Star
Jun 30, 2003, 12:44 AM
yeah, i know, that would be pretty dumb

LegendaryMage
Jun 30, 2003, 06:51 AM
And how would it work if someone just joined in on ruins when they dont even have caves unlocked offline?

CorneliusPower
Jun 30, 2003, 08:06 AM
As an example why this is a bad idea.
HUmar uses BKB
HUmar makes Ultimate game
HUmar has ppl join
HUmar and friends finish CAVES
HUmar goes offline and plays CAVES
HUmar dies.
HUmar is confused
HUmar better off doing CAVES offline alone to open CAVES ONLINE.
HUmar feels better.
^__^

AndyPandy
Jun 30, 2003, 08:12 AM
yeah but offline is easier than online....but yeah I agree, that idea suxs.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 10:34 AM
no, because people can rush you through the game. Not fair

Sedyne
Jun 30, 2003, 02:43 PM
The game would so much easier if that were true. And then it would also be way to easy to level up characters.

hucasts_rock
Jun 30, 2003, 02:49 PM
that would defeat the purpose of the pso storyline...I mean, if that happened..all rico's journal entries probably wouldn't be read due to the fact that everyone wouldn't even go offline...and it would defeat the purpose of the pillars and what they mean...