PDA

View Full Version : Moveing GC around?

Iceiol
Jun 29, 2003, 04:21 PM
Can i move my GC around to differnt house (GC have BBA btw). Can i still connect to internet at this other place??

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2003, 04:29 PM
If the other person has Broadband then you should be able to use it just fine. You may need to go into the Network Setup Menu and then select Network Setup to add a new provider profile. Can't say for certain cuz I've never done it, but it should work just fine.

Iceiol
Jun 29, 2003, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know for sure about this? my parent is divorse (seperated not sure about spelling) and i want to be able to move my GC around since i move between them.

So anyone?

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2003, 05:30 PM
As I already said, if they both have Broadband then you should be ok. You can have more than one connection profile in your Network Setup menu. So once you get the other one created you just switch back and forth between those two. Not sure how else I can say it to make it sound simpler.

CGoodness
Jun 29, 2003, 08:30 PM
If they have to same ISP then it should work. My friend did it yesterday.

Angel_Fire
Jul 1, 2003, 04:38 AM
Well im not sure about broadband adapters but, with my 56k modem adapter, i can just go to any one of my friends house or parents (parents also divorced ":(")and hook up the phone line and start playing away. I didnt have to change the provider or anything of the sort. Also as a side note my friend has Spear.net while i have Access4less. Just a thought.

VioletSkye
Jul 1, 2003, 12:38 PM
Thats because many providers use DUN and its easy to access from any phone line. The only thing you would need to change is the access number if you were out of town. So you can't really compare the 2 types of connections in terms of portability.