PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand Question

FearNight
Jun 29, 2003, 04:29 PM
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but ... I really dont like this weapon that much. Every time I cast a technique it damages me. Whats the trick to using this weapon?

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2003, 04:33 PM
Casts Barta, Foie or Zonde & gives Hard class tech power 30% increase. If you use your own tech you'll lose hp. Thats what makes it psycho LOL. Forgot to mention it also decreases TP cost to use techs by 50%, but I think thats what uses up your hp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-06-29 14:34 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Jun 29, 2003, 04:36 PM
The Psycho Wand makes your TP cost go to half, but takes the entire cost of the technique from your HP. The trick to using it is to use Ra spells (which it boosts) and to cast resta when you get low on HP. This is not an "EASY" weapon to use, you have to pay attention.

Reenee
Jun 29, 2003, 05:06 PM
So, uh, if you used Resta, would it still take away HP after you've replenished it?

FearNight
Jun 29, 2003, 05:06 PM
Ok thanks guys

VulpesMundi
Jun 30, 2003, 12:12 AM
Technically it takes the HP before it restores it. You can wind up with full HP if you can heal that much by casting Resta. The catch is if you have equal to or less than the HP cost when casting Resta you'll technically die, though you won't actually fall, and your MAG will lose 5% Synchro. However, the MAG may perform either a 10% or less HP effect or even a resurrect effect. The resurrect effect will, of course, not do anything since you don't actually die.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 30, 2003, 12:23 AM
To avoid all of the above, just cast resta when your hp drops to the half mark. Simple. If you forget, you will likely cast yourself to death.

If you run into a Chaos or Dark Bringer, or a Mericarol, unequip your Psychowand and go barehand or use something else. Those monsters can steal your tp, and when your tp is being depleted, the Psychowand will also deplete your hp. Simply, you will likely die unless you unequip the wand.

ps. your team mates will not see your hp decrease as you cast from the Psychowand...it does not update your health bar on their end, so it seems like you are at full health when you actually aren't.

Night_Star
Jun 30, 2003, 12:50 AM
wow, i didnt know that psycho wand does that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
how much hp does it take?
and, what section ID finds it?

Reenee
Jun 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
The amount of TP it takes to cast a spell is the amount of HP it'll take away.

Every ID can get the Psycho Wand from a different area.

Soukosa
Jun 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
The Psycho Wand takes from your HP the amount of TP the tech casted normally would take and as far as I know, all ID's can find it.

Stalfos333
Jun 30, 2003, 01:00 AM
Again, it takes the full cost of the spell you cast, plus half the cost in TP. Every section I.D. finds it, with varying difficulty and from varying enemies.

Night_Star
Jun 30, 2003, 01:03 AM
wow, i got the same question answered 3 times in a row http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eyce
Jun 30, 2003, 01:37 AM
Psocho wands are best used with FOnewms. Because they do more damage with the Ra spells than any other force. FOmars do more damage with the Gi spells than anyone else..

Night_Star
Jun 30, 2003, 01:39 AM
no, fonewms do more damage with the Gi spells than Fomar

Eyce
Jun 30, 2003, 01:42 AM
no cuz i was wondering about that and i tested it, 2 same lvl ppl, and the fonewm did more damage with ra's then fomar and fomar did more damage with gi's..

Soukosa
Jun 30, 2003, 01:47 AM
FOmars have boosted Gi's, FOnewms have boosted Gi's and Ra's. I'd say the Psycho Wand is good for any FO that wants to lower TP cost and there is other weapons that boost Ra techs as well.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 30, 2003, 02:23 AM
The psychowand lets my Fonewearl go through Ultimate Ruins (online) without once piping up for fluids. She has a doublesaber for stealing tp from frozen monsters, so she is able to complete Ruins without having to use a single fluid. Not too shabby.

Jazhara
Jun 30, 2003, 04:18 AM
Theoretically FOnm does more damage than FOm - they have the same boosts, and FOnm has higher MST.

Vulpes - are you sure a Mag will use a 1/10 HP effect due to P Wand HP drain? I thought (as with Berserk) a Mag wouldn't use a power if the damage is self-induced...

Also - I'm pretty sure P Wand does kill you in v3 if you over-use, though I've not seen one myself...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-06-30 02:20 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Jun 30, 2003, 10:54 AM
On 2003-06-30 02:18, Jazhara wrote:
Vulpes - are you sure a Mag will use a 1/10 HP effect due to P Wand HP drain? I thought (as with Berserk) a Mag wouldn't use a power if the damage is self-induced...

Yes, it does. Sometimes I get careless and let myself get killed (I can be horrible at multi-tasking when I'm tired). And on occassion I'll restore (usually by Scape Doll) with my Sato giving me invincibility.