PDA

View Full Version : GC: HUcaseal transition to ultimate

Elvendar
Jun 29, 2003, 07:32 PM
My (first) HUcaseal is currently level 93 and having a tough time with the transition to Ultimate. Does anyone have any strategies and/or equipment suggestions for making the jump into ultimate?

Thanks for your time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neo_Slayer
Jun 29, 2003, 07:35 PM
i would recamend staying at a very good distance. thoughs bartles hit you hard and fast. and they move fast too. well gl.

Delsaber
Jun 29, 2003, 07:40 PM
To me, Bartles seem to move slower than Vhard Dimenians... At level 93? You are ready, a lot of people get there at level 40-50. You can handle Forest and Caves with no problem.

Elvendar
Jun 29, 2003, 07:45 PM
Note: I've allready beaten Ult Forest, I just have a hard time with the creatures in Caves. S-Reds Blades, which I traded for, are what i'm using right now. They're not very strong weapons. Anyone else have any suggestions?

HC82
Jun 29, 2003, 07:50 PM
Online or offline? The biggest problem with making the transition into ulti is usually your ata. Long distance weapons(ie. mechs) and confuse traps are your friend for offline ultimate. I would suggest equiping ATA raising units, elf/arm++ or God/arms. Missing is the primary cause for getting the stuffing knocked out of you. If your BASE ata is high enough(170) you can use a sword/partisan instead of a gun in ulti forest. Performing a Normal~Hard two hit combo will ensure you won't get counter attacked(wearing an attack speed battle unit helps out). You can safely move away after the hard hit connects. If you can, try to get your ATA to 185, then you should have very little trouble with ulti. As a robot(assuming your legit) you can do Vhard ruins runs also. It is a good 40k per run offline, and can help you gain additional levels/materials to raise stats.

Infested_Madcat
Jun 29, 2003, 10:03 PM
i got a char in ult and hes at lvl 95. the weapon i use the most is the red handgun. maybe if u find it it will help you to.

dropslash
Jun 30, 2003, 12:12 AM
I hit Ult with my HUcaseal in the mid 70's and what's said above is correct, ATA is a major factor (i raised a brand new DEX mag just for Ult). Your best bet is to get a nice, strong, gun with hit percents and just take your time. The Caves are even worse, especially now that you basically have a new enemy to deal with (what? lily's can hurt me now?).

Traps can be a life saver. In Ult they detonate fast and with a wide area of effect, so use them without hesitation. One confuse trap can turn a wave of Vulmers into Fight Club and you can sit back and watch them bash themselves silly.

I stuck with distance and hit and run 'till about lvl 110, then again, i like to play it safe.

Don't forget your HUcaseal's EXP steal bonus. You can BLAST through lvl's 90-110 with a good exp stealing weapon, just in the Forest. Just Bartle trap and blast away.

Kaos-Bringer-
Jun 30, 2003, 11:58 AM
ok yea alot of them are right... here is one of the strangest things i can say... it worked for me so heh... try getting angry fists or god hand... learn the hucaseal hit combo and u should kick butt in forest and caves until u get sumthin better

Malkavian
Jun 30, 2003, 01:03 PM
Play only Forest, Caves and Temple until you feel comfortable.

SubstanceD
Jun 30, 2003, 02:26 PM
Your lv. 93 Hucaseal is having trouble on Ultimate?

Why does this statement fill me with absolute terror?

I hear so many stories about people reaching Ultimate with various charcaters at levels like 60+, 50+ and even 40+ and having no serious problems. My Hucaseal is at lv. 86 and I don't plan on going to Ultimate untill I am at least lv.90 but now that I have heard what you have said I am now thinking that I should not go to Ultimate untill I am at least lv.100. Do Hucaseals in general really fare this badly on Ultimate.

On 2003-06-30 11:03, Malkavian wrote:
Play only Forest, Caves and Temple until you feel comfortable.

Lucky for me that my whole entire leveling strategy consists of doing repeated Forest runs, I have gotten to the point where I am still getting decent exp from this but I could be doing better so I should probably unlock Soul of Blacksmith soon and start doing that. Oh wait you were talking about Ultimate Forest, Caves and Temple, oh well that is still good advice, since Elvendar has already cleared Ultimate Forest then she should keep doing runs on that level untill she can do it with relative ease ( ie. use very few Mates if any at all ).

Droid
Jun 30, 2003, 02:26 PM
lvl 115 Hucast: Hucast already have the ata they need to use any weep they can, void ranger only things. Your problem I'll bet is the mobs never miss you, they swing you get smashed. Your defence is crap,, get a defence mag. Also most of the mobs are slow so using confuse and training them around with a ripper or something like that works good too. If you run out of traps, just unequip your mag and die. Vala all new traps..

Secondly keep moving, don't stop moving, if you can, don't tank them face to face, attack from the side and keep moviing around so they don't get too face you.. Happy Trails.