PDA

View Full Version : Errr... I don't think this is possible....

CGoodness
Jun 29, 2003, 09:53 PM
My friend showed me a Durandal that he got for freee online and when I saw the percents, I figured that there was something wrong. It was 0/-5/0/-5

Is it possible to legitly have negative percents or is the weapon hacked or something?

Dime
Jun 29, 2003, 09:57 PM
It's possible.

I'd like to see an -100% weapon someday. I'm guessing the odds of that are 1 in a trillion.

Bit
Jun 29, 2003, 10:04 PM
My Red Sword has -5 to dark :/

CGoodness
Jun 29, 2003, 10:05 PM
do the negative percents heal the other guy or just do less damage?

Bit
Jun 29, 2003, 10:11 PM
Does less damage.

incognito32
Jun 29, 2003, 10:12 PM
both did not want to spend for +15%? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif nothing can have minus % at first in episode 1&2, for some odd reason...
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=83

it will hit for a little less damage in related area than weapon with 0% will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2003-06-29 20:13 ]</font>

Night_Star
Jun 30, 2003, 01:01 AM
the only way to get negative % is if the tekker is being gay and takes it away from what you found it as when it was unknown.
other than that you cant find it that way anymore, you used to in DC, but it sucked too much, so they took it out

Stalfos333
Jun 30, 2003, 02:29 AM
OK, here's the deal. The weapons you pick up have base percents. Say, a Durandal with 15 0 15 0. The tekker can then add or subtract percents by + or - 10, in 5s. He only does this if you already have some base number other than 0, and only to those areas you already have a percent in. He also raises all stats by the same amount.
So our Durandal has a range or 5 0 5 0 to 25 0 25 0.

All base percents will be positive, or 0, and all will be divisible by 5. Thus, the lowest nonzero percent is 5, and the 10 range is -5 to 15. -5 is therefor a legit score, but is the lowest possible percent for a weapon.

Also, a weapon can only have three non hit percents, but may have a fourth percent in hit. No weapon will have percents in all areas.

Don't like the way the tekker does his job? Choose not to believe him, then try again for better percents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-06-30 00:34 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jun 30, 2003, 08:17 AM
3 besides hit? i yet have to find a weapon like this... show me one, please. (picture/snapshot or lets meet up)

in all the time i played pso, always since v1 there was only 3 including hit possible.

hm...
besides that you're right with the tekkers. i might add that you have to pay him also when you decline. if you also choose not to pay him, he'll take the money as well but leave the weapon tekkered.
so... yes means yes - no, yes means retry and no, no means yes. ^-^

Logical2u
Jun 30, 2003, 08:50 AM
My ramar found a Striker with something like 20/0/10/25/15....

I gave it to my Fonewearl and I am gonna play as that character today possibly. I can show you if you use GC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2003-06-30 08:14 ]</font>

Foxx-
Jun 30, 2003, 12:24 PM
On 2003-06-30 06:17, rena-ko wrote:
hm...
besides that you're right with the tekkers. i might add that you have to pay him also when you decline. if you also choose not to pay him, he'll take the money as well but leave the weapon tekkered.
so... yes means yes - no, yes means retry and no, no means yes. ^-^

I've found that my tekker, if you say no to believing him, then no to money, he'll go back to asking if you believe him. *shrug*

Also, tekkers can go by more than +/- 10%
I go +15% most of the time, and once I got really lucky and had him add 20%

It's just kinda rare. But once you get strong enough to where the %s matter a lot, you've got enough money to burn on tekkering anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bill
Jun 30, 2003, 12:43 PM
My very first rare was a Musashi and it had 0/0/-5/0.

SubstanceD
Jun 30, 2003, 01:26 PM
My Skyly Tekker is very, very stingy. Acoording to all the reports I have heard, if you find an untekked item with % on it then when that item is tekked the % on it can go up an extra 10% or go can down 10%, I also know that it takes a while before a tekker can give you a decent % but every time I try the % almost never goes up ( only down ) and even then it only goes up 5%, never anymore. I would love to see the day that my tekker adds 10% to an item.