PDA

View Full Version : Pso as a life style?

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 11:11 AM
Who here thinks that WAYYYY to many people spend WAYYYYYYYY too much time on pso? I mean yeah, ive had my share of over 2000 hours over the years since v.1 on dc came out.. but seriously getting outside and hanging with peoples is ok too you know. Spending your ENTIRE DAY sitting in lobbies saying catch phrases over and over again is kind of sad you know? Anyway, get a hobby like..Bikeing or.. ddr or somehting.. lol. For real.. your characters ARENT going to help you in real life.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 11:13 AM
who cares? A game is a Game.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 30, 2003, 11:14 AM
I feel you man.

Micah
Jun 30, 2003, 11:43 AM
Some of us dont really have a life.. as in real life friends to hang with or anything.. so PSO kinda fills that gap. for me it does. i dont play online, but at least its something to take my time.

Auronius
Jun 30, 2003, 11:51 AM
To each his own.

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 11:54 AM
yeah.. i guess your right.. just dont spend ALL DAY playing it bro. find SOMETHING to do..

Logical2u
Jun 30, 2003, 12:20 PM
PSO has brought me and my friends together, not pushed us farther apart, with offline multimode! My friend comes over and plays with his Ramar and I use my humar for about 2 hours till we both get bored of dying on Ruins.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 12:22 PM
My friend gets angry when he playes Pso....

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 12:28 PM
Playing with friends offline is awesome, i like kicking their tails in battles, but im.. urgh nevermind.. lol

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 12:29 PM
My friends don't want to battle with me. I do offline multiplayer every day

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 12:33 PM
Thats a good way to lvl up your weaker chars have a char with ruins unlocked already for some back up and go through with your weak one..

Iceiol
Jun 30, 2003, 12:34 PM
I know how that is Stinger hehe. But i think i know the reason they dont want to... My Fonewearl is about 60 lvls higher then his HUcaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. That's probelly why or just becuse im a force and he is a Andriod either way.

Logical2u
Jun 30, 2003, 12:43 PM
Thats why it helps to have alot of characters.
Logical2u is level 59 but L.Soldier(MY humar) is lvl 19. My friends use a level 5 Racast and a level 15 Ramar. The rest of my chars are a level 4 Hunewearl, a level 10 Racaseal and a level 6 Fonewearl.

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 12:47 PM
Cool, i have like.. 4 worthy characters i have 2 other memory cards but i think 4 is all i really need.. since I will NEVER EVER be caught dead as a RAmar or a HUcast.. I have..
Aitenia lvl 142 Hucaseal
DisdaiN lvl 117 Ramarl
Fenrir lvl 87 Humar
and Madvin lvl 83 Fomar

I dont play that often anymore.. but i still have them.. lol maybe someone will want to buy them or something..

Frozt
Jun 30, 2003, 02:11 PM
If you have a gf, and I mean what that actualy loves you then I swear you wont be on pso for quiet a bit , and if not that I just play pso tildd about 7 or 8 and then go with my brother and friends street racing or fixing their cars.

LegendaryMage
Jun 30, 2003, 02:19 PM
I enjoy my lifestyle... atleast I dont expose myself to UV rays like some people, take that skin cancer!

On a more serious note, I dont enjoy socail interaction offline, I suddenly find myself much more inarticulate and my opinions signifigantly unimportant. Not to mention I dont take the time to improve my physical appearance, when I'm playing video games or hanging out online everything seems ok, honestly I cant figure out why people "get a life" at all.

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 02:26 PM
You are a sad, sad, person.. Ok.. what do you think you live your life for? To get lvl 200 on pso? Sad.. Get a girlfriend.

LegendaryMage
Jun 30, 2003, 02:29 PM
I have a girl friend... on PSO. (Gee I bet you didnt see that one coming)

But please tell me then, what do you live life for? Enlighten me.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 02:32 PM
I live for nothing at the moment. I don't need to because I'm just a kid

Draega87
Jun 30, 2003, 02:32 PM
I live my life for the one person i love, and to better other peoples lifes, so that one day my kids can have a nice life and not want to play a video game all day everyday..

LegendaryMage
Jun 30, 2003, 02:35 PM
Nifty awnser, sorry I asked.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 30, 2003, 02:35 PM
On 2003-06-30 10:34, Iceiol wrote:
I know how that is Stinger hehe. But i think i know the reason they dont want to... My Fonewearl is about 60 lvls higher then his HUcaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. That's probelly why or just becuse im a force and he is a Andriod either way.

I'm a Force and My Friend is an Android too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif both of my friends are Androids

Sedyne
Jun 30, 2003, 02:42 PM
On 2003-06-30 09:11, Draega87 wrote:
Who here thinks that WAYYYY to many people spend WAYYYYYYYY too much time on pso? I mean yeah, ive had my share of over 2000 hours over the years since v.1 on dc came out.. but seriously getting outside and hanging with peoples is ok too you know. Spending your ENTIRE DAY sitting in lobbies saying catch phrases over and over again is kind of sad you know? Anyway, get a hobby like..Bikeing or.. ddr or somehting.. lol. For real.. your characters ARENT going to help you in real life.

PSO has pretty much consumed the last 2 years of my life. I don't eat enough because of it -_-

Grinder
Jun 30, 2003, 06:37 PM
i theink draega87 is kind of contradiciting himself look at his 1st & 5th posts no offense

Crusha
Jun 30, 2003, 06:57 PM
everyone has their reasons. Just respect them.

satoshi1
Jun 30, 2003, 07:54 PM
Who needs online friends to play PSO with you? When you've got real life friends that you can play online PSO with!

I didn't used to play too much, but now with school being out and all, i play a lot. I don't think I'm addicted to it, but it's fun making people think you are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But, yea, going outside and hanging out with people is good, every now and then. But then again, most of my friends are the indoorsy type.

Kenshinsama
Jun 30, 2003, 08:05 PM
Ive played PSO on and off for the past 3 years( was there for the DC versions) and yes some people do play alot. but Ive learned that some people prefer to play videogames and watch movies for a good amount of their time. why? because they do. I aggree that spending time with real friends and loved ones is important along with getting out and getting some sun. but everyone has the option to do what they please. I dont find it Sad that a person can play 12 hours of PSO. that is what they chose to do with their time and me knocking them for it because I think I have a better life style is wrong. so to those who Diss others for doing what they want with there time you should look at your self and reevaluate what you think is right,wrong and Choice.

Kenshinsama
Jun 30, 2003, 08:07 PM
On 2003-06-30 18:00, jonny-5 wrote:
To each their own. I used to play version 1 on Dreamcast till I honestly got sick.. I ended up playing well over 1500 hours on version 1. Then when version 2 came out it was more of the same. Since then I have accumulated nearly 2000+ hours on PSO PC, PSO Gamecube import v1 and v1.1, and PSO Gamecube US. Yes, that is nearly 5000+ of the same Phantasy Star Online game. Now that I am off to college, I think I will stay play my PSO, but I definitly will have time to hang out. I have tons of friends and have several hobbies (surfing, basketball, guitar, drums, a job, music).. I am even in a band and had 2 girlfriends.

What I am trying to say is that even if you play PSO way too much like myself, you can still manage to have a life outside of it.. However, dont hate on the people that prefer to playing a game with people across the world than going outside instead. To each their own.

Amen Brother^_^ BTW its nice to meet you^_^

dropslash
Jun 30, 2003, 08:24 PM
What about those of us who have made a life out of videogames?

All growing up all i ever heard was about how playing videogames wasn't good for me, i'd be anti-social, i'd go on a killing spree, it was corrupting my mind, it made me a dork, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda and all those other things people like to blame videogames for.

Yeah, now i get paid to play them, and i get paid a lot better than everyone who ever told me videogames would never get me anywhere. I have a healthy relationship, a great job, a great place to live and all that other "supposed to have when you grow up" garbage.

I'm 24, i still have a long way to go, but don't ever let anyone tell you to "get a life" because you play videogames "too much". Videogames can be as much of a life as anything else... and it can be a damn good one too.

Aredhel
Jun 30, 2003, 09:10 PM
This problem was confronted a lot during the days i used to waste on Asheron's Call. I've seen several people I know through the internet go through the most unnecessary shit because they neglected their love(d)-ones by spending most their time in a digital world. The most important thing to remember is to never forget what's important to you. I once heard someone say "live your life in the way that you would want your children to live theirs". At the age of 17, I have no children and don't want any but I'm sure that if I had a duty to influence another human being, I would definitely want them to be fully in touch with reality. Video games have to potential to be a drug - don't let that drug control you and you should be fine.

dropslash, you said "I'm 24, i still have a long way to go, but don't ever let anyone tell you to "get a life" because you play videogames "too much". Videogames can be as much of a life as anything else... and it can be a damn good one too." Given, video games are an excellent source of entertainment, but can you really be sure that you have a "long way left to go"? Bad shit happens to people all the time, just be sure that if anything were to happen to you, your life would have been worth it.

Enjoy Life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-06-30 19:16 ]</font>

Creasian
Jun 30, 2003, 10:35 PM
341x24=8184 hours.

Alot of hours to put on a character on eq, and that isnt your only one. PSO wise, i never got that high, over DC+Gc so far. One big defense i can use for people who play video games alot.. Is that there is something looked down apon on every single thingone can do in this life. Judging someone who is enjoying the time they spend on this earth should never be looked down apon. Maybe go out and party with some friends, which can lead to so many other situations. Or perhaps someone can list something that does not have a critic.

This stuff i keep hearing about 'get a girlfriend' and such.. that shouldnt be used as ammunition agaist someone to try and prove your point that they are wrong and you are right. Personally i felt that the origonal poster was alittle unhappy with his life acually. Why else doyou come onto a gaming forum to ask a question why do you play this game so much, get a girlfriend etc etc. Maybe you wish to play the game more yourself? Or you became heavily addicted to pso and almost ruined your love life and its just bad baggage and its influencing how you think of others maybe. Why try tobe something your not eh? If your lifestyle is this way, then let it be, thats how it damn well is. Think outside of a box once in awhile, dont be so confined by a way of life that you been preached to or read or do to impress someone. I met my lovely wife whom ibeen with for 5 years online. Our marriage is better than many i find where i live or watch or read about, and surprising is how many break up cause everything 'changed' once they got married and comfortable. If they like you because of how you really are.. imean Really are.. then i dont see a problem comingin about that most of the time.

Sometimes people turn to games also for support as said a few times. Some people turn to alcohol, drugs, sex, hate, god, fake friendships, fake marriage's, suicide, murder, i can keep going for a long time. So far as my opinion is no one plays the game too much. Cheers to those who do what they want, your life is yours, dont let people who dont understand that concept and judge you make you someone your not!

As for the one thing mentioned about children. I can only make sure my kids have a good understanding of life, and are able to make their choice of life as they want to. Whatever they choose i will accept and still love them as well. I'd rather see my kids happy in their life as it may be long or very very short, than see them lead the 'perfect' life and one day walk into their home see a bottle of booze in their hand, or maybe a gun, or maybe blood allready over the walls from a Surge of regret flooding back.

I stopped playing pso and am coming back now! Just too damn good to stop playiong.. <wife plays too.. steals my freash rares i get when i am not home and puts them into her character! grrr>

dropslash
Jun 30, 2003, 11:31 PM
"Bad shit happens to people all the time, just be sure that if anything were to happen to you, your life would have been worth it. "

I've spent the past 4 years getting paid to play videogames. There's no difference between work and play for me, it's all play. My work let's me travel to amazing places, meet amazing people and do things a lot of people only ever dream about. As my friend Josh once said to me, "Your life is like one Once In A Lifetime Event after another."

Amoung other things, trust me, if i died tomorrow, i'd die happy.

satoshi1
Jun 30, 2003, 11:54 PM
On 2003-06-30 18:24, dropslash wrote:
What about those of us who have made a life out of videogames?

All growing up all i ever heard was about how playing videogames wasn't good for me, i'd be anti-social, i'd go on a killing spree, it was corrupting my mind, it made me a dork, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda and all those other things people like to blame videogames for.

Yeah, now i get paid to play them, and i get paid a lot better than everyone who ever told me videogames would never get me anywhere. I have a healthy relationship, a great job, a great place to live and all that other "supposed to have when you grow up" garbage.

I'm 24, i still have a long way to go, but don't ever let anyone tell you to "get a life" because you play videogames "too much". Videogames can be as much of a life as anything else... and it can be a damn good one too.

Truer (sp?) words were never spoken.

You get paid to play videogames? Are you a tester or something? That's what i wanna do when i growup, just to get me into the business. Then I'll figure out what to do from there.

kat
Jul 1, 2003, 12:12 AM
Draega87 - you seem to have no other purpose in creating this topic than to be bashing of others... Why did you create it then?

If someone wants to leave their character on all day while they're doing other stuff around the house (who knows, they may work from home even, and use PSO to take breaks) that's their thing.

And if someone wants to do nothing but hang out in lobbies all day, it's not hurting you.

So why get all ranty?

Aerel
Jul 1, 2003, 12:29 AM
Well I find there's a lot of prejudice out there about playing video games *coughgeekcough* Which is so stupid. Not to mention, being a girl, I seem to get it a whole lot more. *rolls eyes* I've had PSO v1 for DC for a long time now, and I JUST got PSO v2 for Xbox yesterday. I love it, and playing online is loads of fun. For me, when I first get a game, it's all I want to do. I'm sure the excitment of playing online with others will wear off in time, but for the moment I seriously do not appreciate it when friends and family needle me about being online a lot. However, like two hours at a time in my limit, I can't focus for longer! lol But I'll come back on later in the day and it'll seem like I've been on all day. I'm not one for hanging out in the lounges... why anyone would for long periods of time is beyond me. I'd rather be paying the fees to kick some monster butt and having fun with others than annoying people. lol

dropslash
Jul 1, 2003, 01:48 AM
I'm a Brand Representative and Promotions Manager for Nintendo. My job basically encompasses thinking up ridiculous promotional stunts and then going and executing them.

I manage things like The Nintendo Street Team, Nintendo Cube Club, Nintendo Hype Team, and things like the Gameboy Advance SP Tour and the upcoming Nintendo Fusion Tour.

In a nutshell, i go all over the place and play Nintendo with people... all in the name of a good time. It really can't be beat.

Kenshinsama
Jul 1, 2003, 02:20 AM
On 2003-06-30 23:48, dropslash wrote:
I'm a Brand Representative and Promotions Manager for Nintendo. My job basically encompasses thinking up ridiculous promotional stunts and then going and executing them.

I manage things like The Nintendo Street Team, Nintendo Cube Club, Nintendo Hype Team, and things like the Gameboy Advance SP Tour and the upcoming Nintendo Fusion Tour.

In a nutshell, i go all over the place and play Nintendo with people... all in the name of a good time. It really can't be beat.

I would so love your job -_-

Draega87
Jul 1, 2003, 11:21 AM
Let me start off first by saying my intention of posting this was not to criticize people. It was to HELP people. Your right, I was a pso addict, but playing a video game is a lot better than smokeing weed, or drinking like i was before. My step father totally messed up my life when he killed the neighbor one night, when we were all on drugs. Playing pso helped a lot, i met a lot of cool people and i made some lifetime friends. But my point was, not to play all day everyday. By my PERSONAL EXPERIANCE I found that doing other stuff than playing pso all day everyday made my life a lot better. Bashing people for no reason isnt my thing and its all good and well if your doing what you want with your life. Im not TELLING anyone to do anything. Im just letting you know, It FUCKED UP my life and im a lot better off NOT being a hermit in my room all day. Yeah, I still play but offline, and not for more than 2 hours everyday I have other, more important shit to do. Im not asking you to do it, i am just letting you, all of you know how i feel about it, after all why else would i have posted it. Please understand.

Mist
Jul 1, 2003, 11:39 AM
Hi. My name is SWytch, and I'm a PSOholic..

Found a great use for my xbox version - Freephone Ragol. Chat to my real life friends while trundling around the forest batting things and tripping over Rappie. We all live far away since Uni.

That's not to say I won't put in the ridiculous amount of hours that went in to Ep1 and Ver2. I do miss the Joined servers though..

Fei-YinBETA
Jul 1, 2003, 11:42 AM
I also play pso with friends offline and on...pso is a wonderful thing

happyalloy
Jul 1, 2003, 02:47 PM
My fiancee and I both play PSO online together (real life fiancee, mind you), and we are actually planning a road trip next month to meet another engaged couple who play who we've been talking on the phone with for a couple of months. Sometimes PSO friends can be healthier than the party-crazy booze-a-holics one finds in a college atmosphere.

However, it is definitely important to remember your real-life loved ones. As much as I hate leaving the game, weekends at home with my mom and family are as rewarding as getting up one more level on my HUnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Being a PSO addict can be both good and bad, depending on what else a person can choose to do with the time.

In addition to being a PSO addict (at least 5 hours a day), I've been working 9-5 M-F as an advisor for my college and I am a full-time student double-majoring with a 4.0 GPA. There's time for both PSO and for "real life." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aredhel
Jul 1, 2003, 08:13 PM
Everyone remember Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? It was all about how too much of anything is bad for you; one kid watched too much TV, one kid ate too much candy, one kid chewed too much gum, etc... Variety is the spice of life - you don't like spicy? Fine, we won't miss you. You may only ever get one life to live, make sure you make the most of it.

LifeOnTheEdge
Jul 1, 2003, 08:23 PM
On 2003-07-01 12:47, happyalloy wrote:
My fiancee and I both play PSO online together (real life fiancee, mind you), and we are actually planning a road trip next month to meet another engaged couple who play who we've been talking on the phone with for a couple of months. Sometimes PSO friends can be healthier than the party-crazy booze-a-holics one finds in a college atmosphere.

Well be careful. You never know who you can trust. Especially on the internet.

HUjayMAR
Jul 1, 2003, 08:37 PM
::grins:: Wow...I enjoyed reading all of these wonderful, insightful posts. However, now it's my turn. I am neither giving an idea of whether I'm for or against PSO, I'm simply speaking my mind.

To begin, I'm reminded of a certain passage in the play Medea of when the Nurse, a foil of the main character Medea, lectures her on the necessity for moderation. Medea had become so obsessed with Jason, leader of the Argonauts and possesor of the Golden Fleece, that when she decided to marry someone else she could only see revenge. Jason promised to take care of her kids by marrying royalty (They were his kids as well...Medea and he were married.) Medea, however, killed his future wife and her father, the King. Then, instead of killing Jason, she killed his kids. THis was a fate worse than death for him, for now he had nothing left in life and no way for his blood line to be passed on. How's that for defying moderation?

Here we can see two things; the first being the need for moderation, the next is the need of a family to comfort you in life. If Medea had not given her full heart to Jason, she would have been fine. Also, it was Jason's children of which he treasured most in the world. But they were killed, leaving him to lay, broken, alongside his tattered boat the Argo.

Other than this, we can focus on the reasons for an obsession with a video game. Game's can increase intelligence. In Ender's Game, a novel by Orson Scott Card, the main character Ender, a boy prodigy, learned advanced military tactics through different games. He later on saved the planet from an alien invasion. Similarly, some video games, such as simulator games, can emulate real life and prepare you for its ups and downs.

Whatever the reason may be for this obsession it is clear that it can neither be defined as a good thing nor a negative. It is merely up to chance and a variety of unclassifiable factors of which this obsession will be a good one or a bad one. Perhaps instead of reading this they're trying to find the rumored "Red Ring"...

jonny-5
Jul 1, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-06-30 18:07, Kenshinsama wrote:

On 2003-06-30 18:00, jonny-5 wrote:
To each their own. I used to play version 1 on Dreamcast till I honestly got sick.. I ended up playing well over 1500 hours on version 1. Then when version 2 came out it was more of the same. Since then I have accumulated nearly 2000+ hours on PSO PC, PSO Gamecube import v1 and v1.1, and PSO Gamecube US. Yes, that is nearly 5000+ of the same Phantasy Star Online game. Now that I am off to college, I think I will stay play my PSO, but I definitly will have time to hang out. I have tons of friends and have several hobbies (surfing, basketball, guitar, drums, a job, music).. I am even in a band and had 2 girlfriends.

What I am trying to say is that even if you play PSO way too much like myself, you can still manage to have a life outside of it.. However, dont hate on the people that prefer to playing a game with people across the world than going outside instead. To each their own.

Amen Brother^_^ BTW its nice to meet you^_^

Heh, nice to meet you too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Micah
Jul 3, 2003, 01:44 AM
girls and games.. now thats an interesting thing. sure most gfs wont let you near a console or computer around them. but hey, theres some girls that are hardcore gamers. even i know a few, one plays mostly PS2, but the other she mainly plays CS. a guy would be a hell of a lucky guy if he got a gf that played PSO as much as him.

Night_Star
Jul 3, 2003, 01:55 AM
i know what its like to have over 5000 hours
i did that on DC alone
ive probly put almost 2000 hours on GC already
i just cant stop playing it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ghost007
Jul 3, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-06-30 12:11, Frozt wrote:
If you have a gf, and I mean what that actualy loves you then I swear you wont be on pso for quiet a bit , and if not that I just play pso tildd about 7 or 8 and then go with my brother and friends street racing or fixing their cars.

Hey i have a gf (a fox i tell u http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif;)) , that dont stop me from being on pso for like 3 hours straight with all my buds, i juggle having a life and video games, its hard to pull off, but can b done, so dont complain about ppl who play too many video games, its their own decision, i just choose to have both a life and to play plenty of games, ur choice wether or not u have a life, to me having a life is more important, but then again i do love video games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:03 PM
i dont have a gf.. i never will. no one loves me...

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
amen.

Suppa_Buddha
Jul 6, 2003, 01:31 PM
I play hours and hours a day and still go out and hang with my friends. On the weekends I don't play much then because I guess its my no play days but I still get in a few hours.

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:41 PM
it helps when you actualy have friends to hang with.. my closest friend lives too far away to hang with.. and ive only met her online..

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:42 PM
My closet friend just went on a 1 year road trip......

but I still have my best friend.. but he lives 600 miles away ( because I'm on vacation in Oregon )

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:56 PM
man.. what i would give for a 1 year road trip. i was planning on one this summer... but she kinda blew off the idea.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:58 PM
she?

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 02:03 PM
yeah.. she.. a good friend of mine, i was gonna go on a trip to see her.. but i dont know wtf is up with her. she wont even talk to me and shes keeps promising me stuff and doesnt do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-06 12:04 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:05 PM
lame..

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 02:06 PM
uber lame

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:07 PM
my friend left.. I miss her so much..

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 02:14 PM
im gonna miss PSO.. i have to say goodbye to it for a while. im going to my bros.. more girls there. so its a worth it.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:16 PM
cool.
have fun!

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 02:21 PM
planning too, i need a break from PSO anyways. btw i added you on msn? or did i miss-spell?

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:22 PM
I don't know.. [email protected]

what's yours?

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 02:28 PM
strange. oh well, mines [email protected]

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:29 PM
K I added you.

clance
Jul 6, 2003, 02:42 PM
On 2003-06-30 12:32, Draega87 wrote:
I live my life for the one person i love, and to better other peoples lifes, so that one day my kids can have a nice life and not want to play a video game all day everyday..

Go moan somewere else. If anyone wants to play PSO all day 24/7 they can , there decision.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-07 20:00 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jul 6, 2003, 02:44 PM
hey hey, no flaming. o_O

But yeah, if someone wants to play a game 24/7, let them alone. It all comes down to what everyone wants to do with their own time.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:49 PM
yeah even if they're wasting their lives..

devil001
Jul 6, 2003, 02:50 PM
pso rocks i dont play all the time but i play alot i got 6 memory cards with gguys with all weps i like collecting and messin with begger noobs

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 04:35 PM
hheheh sounds fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skankhair
Jul 6, 2003, 05:12 PM
C'mon guys, get a clue.

Having a "life" means doing what OTHER people think is cool. So what if you enjoy playing a game many hours each day? People like the topic poster don't. Therefore, your hobby isn't valid. If you don't do a hobby that THEY like, you are a loser.

Of course, I'm being sarcastic.

Bike riding, playing sports, etc... are not any more valid hobbies than playing PSO. People should so what makes them happy. If that's not what makes you happy, fine, don't do it. Someone would have to be an utter moron to stop playing PSO hours on end just because people like the topic poster don't find it to be as fun of a hobby as sports and the like.

Playing PSO and videogames in general is a REAL hobby. I am a real person. I play videogames in reality. It's fun (for me). And I'd rather play games than sports, riding bikes etc... I do have other hobbies (I play guitar- and am a music major), and was even the MVP on my HS VC soccer team. But I still love playing PSO. It's reality. It's a real hobby. It's real life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-06 15:14 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 05:48 PM
Ok, I gotcha, let me rephrase..
There is alot more to life than video games, and you shouldn't be confines to just them.

Monomate
Jul 6, 2003, 07:56 PM
for me PSO fills the gap that in my life that most ppl call 'summer'. my entire life is school and friends, when school is out i don't see many of my friends often (cept those that live near me) so i play PSO. although...now that my offline mplayer friends are leaving PSO behind, i've started playing less and less and started playing Metroid Prime.

Now however, i have a girlfriend and i don't think i'll be spending a lot of time playing any games for awhile...

Nerd
Jul 7, 2003, 12:12 AM
I stopped playing PSO for awhile and magically I went from never having had a real date to being engaged.

I started playing PSO and other games more again and now she lives in Laughlin, 6 hours away.

lol

Gramudo
Jul 7, 2003, 12:44 AM
heh i would have posted in this topic sooner but havent been online in a while and ive always wanted to say this....i got a girlfriend who plays pso just as much as me....so im not WASTING my time right? I got a girlfriend and our idea of fun is having a good time playing pso together is that so wrong??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gramudo on 2003-07-06 22:45 ]</font>

devil001
Jul 7, 2003, 01:14 AM
On 2003-07-06 22:12, Nerd wrote:
I stopped playing PSO for awhile and magically I went from never having had a real date to being engaged.

I started playing PSO and other games more again and now she lives in Laughlin, 6 hours away.

lol

what a life wow u gotscrewed no offense
also lollipop is right dont change your characteristics because of what other people think if you do that weel all become a bunch of mindless drones that are run by an unjust goverment..................2 hours later and thats what i think sorry have i been rambeling sorry its way too late

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 01:22 AM
It's all choice.

Micah
Jul 7, 2003, 02:12 AM
woohoo! beat DF at level 51 in vhard!!!!! ultimate with a level 52 HUmar! sorry.. just had to say that.. its my big thing of today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-07 00:41 ]</font>

Micah
Jul 7, 2003, 02:46 AM
anyways like i said before, if you got a girl that plays pso as much as you.. your a damn lucky man.. damn lucky...

on a more funny note it would be sad if got a gf and your gf played PSO 'more' than you, haha. god.. i hope that never happens to me.

did i just say god? wtf?

Draega87
Jul 7, 2003, 10:04 AM
*edit by Abdur*
Completely unnecessary. Warning count increased. Watch your language on this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-07-07 19:47 ]</font>

Nocturne
Jul 7, 2003, 10:44 AM
To all people saying others need to get a life. Please just shut up. Everyone has their own idea of fun. Everyone can spend their time how they want to. You're complaing that people play PSO too much yet you're on a PSO site? Kind of illogical to complain about PSO on a PSO site isn't it? See there's this thing called human nature and choice, and what person does may be good for them and not for you, so get used to it.

Anyways I play pretty often, around 6-7 hours a day or every other day. I do other things to like play guitar, play bass, read books or play shows with my band.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nocturne on 2003-07-07 08:48 ]</font>

clance
Jul 7, 2003, 10:57 AM
On 2003-07-07 08:04, Draega87 wrote:
[quote]sounding like somones died. Go moan somewere else. If anyone wants to play PSO all day 24/7 they can , there decision.

lol, you are disturbed... A motor cycle gang? , haha.
Talk about gettin pissed off easyily.
I was just puttin you straight!

*edit by Abdur*
Just removed the quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-07-07 19:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-07 19:59 ]</font>

clance
Jul 7, 2003, 11:01 AM
On 2003-07-07 08:44, Nocturne wrote:
To all people saying others need to get a life. Please just shut up. Everyone has their own idea of fun. Everyone can spend their time how they want to. You're complaing that people play PSO too much yet you're on a PSO site? Kind of illogical to complain about PSO on a PSO site isn't it? See there's this thing called human nature and choice, and what person does may be good for them and not for you, so get used to it.

Anyways I play pretty often, around 6-7 hours a day or every other day. I do other things to like play guitar, play bass, read books or play shows with my band.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nocturne on 2003-07-07 08:48 ]</font>

I agree!
Also same here, im in a band.

happyalloy
Jul 7, 2003, 11:10 AM
lol what's wrong if the gf plays more video games than her bf? It's not like testosterone makes you better at playing games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Micah
Jul 7, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-07-07 08:04, Draega87 wrote:
[quote]Oh stop being such a soppy fuck and sounding like somones died. Go moan somewere else. If anyone wants to play PSO all day 24/7 they can , there decision.

umm.. did you just say to fuck me? becuase if you did i should sue you for sexual abuse man. im not gay, so thats just sick. besides, everyone has thier own life. its your life, you make the choices. there.

*edit by Abdur*
Removed the quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-07-07 19:52 ]</font>

Kaos-Bringer-
Jul 7, 2003, 09:28 PM
it does too... it shows u have dedication to sumthin and ur not going to quit... like a job... u know?

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 09:44 PM
We're all fuzy rabbits playing in a lovely meadow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umbrella on 2003-07-07 19:59 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jul 7, 2003, 09:53 PM
Hey, thats enough, take it to PM's. Don't continue this on the forum. We're on Gamespy, and as always the rules are no lewd talk, this isn't a bar or pub. Watch the language, yeah?

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 09:57 PM
sorry sorry..
*mutters*
he started it

I'll change it.

LollipopLolita
Jul 7, 2003, 10:03 PM
yes everyone better stop now. why must you give a crap about what other people do. let them do thatever they want to make them happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. now stop the squabbling and grow up.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 7, 2003, 10:07 PM
hay watever floats ur boat. i play when i get the time. its fun, but theres other things to life than just videogames. i no thats blastphemy to some, but hay haha

ABDUR101
Jul 7, 2003, 10:20 PM
On 2003-07-07 20:07, Jehosaphaty wrote:
hay watever floats ur boat. i play when i get the time. its fun, but theres other things to life than just videogames. i no thats blastphemy to some, but hay haha

There's other things to life than vodka, OJ, going out with friends, having a girlfriend, spending time with family and work too.

The point is, it doesn't matter. There's always something more to life, there's always something else to do. Everyone will get around to doing things at their own pace, and if not, no one is missing out but them(if they even feel like they're missing out).

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 11:35 PM
well said.

Aredhel
Jul 7, 2003, 11:58 PM
*applauds Abdur*

Well-put

We are all too often envisioning the crazed gamer who spends 25 hours each day playing PSO in his/her parents' basement. No sleep. No food. No significant other. The misunderstandings come from unfamiliarity with one another- I doubt that anyone here fits the perfect profile of the 40-year old Otaku living in his parents' basement eating cheese curls and ganking boomas while the rest of the world passes him/her by. We all "have a life" and that's just the thing - we "have." There is possession implied and with possession comes control, or atleast some degree of freedom. The advice given is a gift from those who enjoy life to those true losers who actually don't exist. IF any of you feel that something has ever been missing, then perk up your ears to what is being said: to enjoy your life, think outside of Ragol. There is an entire world full of experiences, and the quintessential loser will, of course, never experience anything real. We all think we're round pegs in square holes, but the truth of the matter is, people have been living for thousands of years knowing what makes them happy in life - their advice should not be ignored. Ultimately though, you are in control of your own life, a freedom for the taking - but don't let this video game control you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-07-07 21:59 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 12:22 AM
Even better put..
( this one's got a sense of humour )

Micah
Jul 8, 2003, 12:33 AM
it controls me

Micah
Jul 8, 2003, 02:29 AM
sometimes...

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 02:33 AM
Controls you to Double-Post? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 8, 2003, 02:52 AM
Life of a gamer is not one of much concern, cept for attaining more games, which gives us more 2 experience as a whole for those like us, this just our mere "stationary" life as it were, almost like a cult, but, not as lame lol <.< but later on alot of us wont be carrying on like this, till maybe retirement lol and I actually cant wait to see how that turns out lolbe schooling our grandchildren (or nieces and nefews for those of us STILL in the "stationary" life) and they occasinally beat you cuz you suffer from arthritis, just imagine how ageless our favorite chars will look compared to that time, thated be madness.

Micah
Jul 8, 2003, 10:43 AM
haha, no. i just kinda forgot to put that on there.. i should have edited. my bad

Mist
Jul 20, 2003, 05:44 PM
New equipment count..

SOCIAL FRAME 4 slot with ..
GOD:BALANCE
MASTER:Humour
RESIST:FLAMER
And ..
Generate:Fresh Air

You have to Love PSO. Spent AGES on the DC. I'll not go quite so far on PSOX. *crosses fingers*

But you HAVE to love PSO.