PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Vantamiath
Jun 30, 2003, 06:27 PM
Recently I went to TOOL (life changing experience to anyone who's seen them live)..

On the 6th Im seing Tom Petty, and in Augest I'm checking out Lollapalooza.

Anyone else seen concerts/going to concerts?

CGoodness
Jun 30, 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm gonna get into a Linkin Park concert for free this summer. my mom's got connections http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elentari
Jun 30, 2003, 10:52 PM
Pearl Jam tomorrow....although im not very happy about it anymore. they display waay too much of theyre political views sometimes and take it to some bad extremes. If they do that tomorrow...im leaving.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Getintothegame
Jun 30, 2003, 11:07 PM
On 2003-06-30 16:27, Vantamiath wrote:
Recently I went to TOOL (life changing experience to anyone who's seen them live)..

I almost got tickets to that...

Anyway, I saw Cher lately... kinda scary, my dad brought me.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 1, 2003, 09:36 AM
doubtful that anyone here nos wat this is (unless u live in the midwest, and even then u prolly wont know), but i may be hitting cornerstone up this year. pretty crazy time ive heard. crapload of christian bands over 4 days i think. i dunno, mite be fun.

DeathCheese87
Jul 1, 2003, 10:05 AM
hopefully i can snag some tickets for the radiohead concert in atlanta. that would be awesome.

Yaotls
Jul 1, 2003, 10:23 AM
Going to OZZFEST tomarrow!! w00000t!! Really looking forward to seeing Chevelle and Disturbed.

Rotis
Jul 1, 2003, 10:51 AM
I've seen Mary Prankster live several times. She has such incredible stage presence, man. You can tell she's having a good time up there, and that makes everyone else have a good time, too.

Dredg has come by here twice recently, and I couldn't go either time. Blaahh.

I saw They Might Be Giants years ago, and I also somehow got dragged to a Pink concert once. hahaha.

RavenTW
Jul 1, 2003, 11:05 AM
On 2003-06-30 21:07, Getintothegame wrote:

On 2003-06-30 16:27, Vantamiath wrote:

I almost got tickets to that...

Anyway, I saw Cher lately... kinda scary, my dad brought me.

My mom was working when Cher dropped by and bought a good $700 or so. Too bad I wasn't harassing her, I might have gotten to see Cher! not that she's any good anymore, after breaking up with Sunny.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
I saw Feeder with Gypsy earlier this year. My first concert even and it rocked. I was there singing along with everything, cheering them, and chanting with everyone there trying to get them to come back and play 'Just a Day'. They did and it was amazing.

phasma
Jul 2, 2003, 03:04 AM
I might have gotten to see Cher!

oh god.

i don't go to many concerts nowadays, since we're practicing a lot more than we used to, but undoubtedly the best concert i've ever been to was a date on The Smashing Pumpkins farewell tour, in late '99.

bullet with butterfly wings, zero, stand inside your love and the mayonaise; to name but a few of the masterfully crafted and performed songs i experienced there. amazing stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Captain_Dude
Jul 2, 2003, 04:07 AM
The first concert that I went to(because I wanted to) was when Stan Ridgway played at the great american music hall. It was wonderful! Unfortunatelythe opening act was Marc Growden(the worlds biggest asshole and world's worst accordeon player), and that kinda sucked. But Stan tore up the stage... Too bad he didn't do Mexican Radio, as that was the song that got me into Wall of Voodoo/Stan Ridgway.

Weird Al is playing at a local thing. But my parents and I are broke, so we won't be going. But I am planning on going to see my Accordeon teacher live with one of his bands. Heh, I've grown up around music, good for me!

EDIT: I hope to one day see a GWAR concert, as their concerts are unmatched in entertainment (they might even top Alice Cooper, who I also wish to one day see perform).

And sooner or later you might catch my band (Gimp Bizquik) performing behind the Albany Bowl with the Official 'We Hate JoJo' Concert (Heh, if you've no idea who JoJo is, that would be completely normal. Just an a friend of mine who I enjoy insulting.) whenever we can set a date for the show. Heh heh heh... Illegal; free concerts held behind bowling alleys r0x0rz! Who's taking bets on how long it takes before were escourted to some place other than the bowling alley?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-02 02:14 ]</font>

BlakWolf
Jul 2, 2003, 01:22 PM
Best concert I've seen: Deftone's guerilla tour in Cleveland. AWESOME.

2nd best: Dredg in Columbus' SnoCore. Hopefully they come by again.

Whats going to be awesome: The Mars Volta in cleveland. Mmm.

LamerPanda
Jul 2, 2003, 01:33 PM
I saw Weird Al in concert. =D It was for Running with Scissors. Great fun.

Rotis, you saw They Might Be Giants? Lucky...