PDA

View Full Version : Gosh dang sword

ramzaman
Jun 30, 2003, 06:32 PM
ok, im a redria Humar...I just started playing ultimate and it is absolutly horrible. The only possible weapon that works on those bartle's is my stag cutlery, and i am frankly getting tired of it.

Are there any suggestions to which sword weapon is effective for killing ultimate monsters b/c all the ones i have dont produce enough impact to delay the enemy so that i may complete a combo.

Please any help would be appreciated.

(selfish delsabers not giving up their right arms)

Crusha
Jun 30, 2003, 06:38 PM
hmmm .. a Yamato or a Musashi? I wouldnt know because i havent gotten to Ultimate yet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Reenee
Jun 30, 2003, 06:40 PM
Look up the drop charts to find something good. I'm not seeing anything worthwhile, though, other than the Yamato and S-Beat's Arms in Episode I. As for Episode II, try to get an Agito from Merikle, but that'd mean you'd have to go online. And this is all in Very Hard, by the way.

InajaD
Jul 1, 2003, 02:21 AM
man, i had the same problem when i first started ULT..! and lemme tell ya, there's not many weapons out there that you can easyly find to give you a break though..!! i had a very hard time on the beggining..!! it was terrible, i almost quit the whole thing..!! But listen, it gets better once you gain more levls, so your ATP itself gives a lot of help withough any super duper weapon..!!!! So what you do is go into a team, and try to hit everyone to gain exp points so you can lvl, and yeahhh keep one eye open for red boxes..!!! You'll eventually find/trade something that'll be usefull..!! I could give you a hint, but i wont http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
have fun and good luck..!!

Trickstr
Jul 1, 2003, 02:49 AM
I got a yamato, useless pile of **** your better if with a stag cutlery than yamato, i'm looking for one now

kat
Jul 1, 2003, 02:50 AM
I can't complete my combos either, and I'm a level 96... I was trying with musashis and grass assassins sabers with a god battle equipped, and getting slammed around. Right now I'm using my dragon slayer, and not always finishing combos. for a while, when I was just in Ultimate mode (and any time right now online, as it's a gazillion times harder than single player) I use my red handgun... because that way I have more distance to complete the combo and not die.

... dying is bad

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2003, 04:00 AM
Saber-type. Even a Gladius. Run in circles. S/D/J/Z as you have them. Normal-Heavy combo, run away. Just keep circling the enemy and doing Normal-Heavy combos. As long as none of your Heavy hits miss, if you do it right you'll never get hit... I also use this kind of strategy to successfully melee my way through Forest 2 with a L3 FOmar that's out of fluids -and- mates and has no telepipes. Normal-Heavy with the cane, run in circles, stay behind Hildebears... Nervewracking, but fun. ^^
You don't necessarily need good weapons, just patience and a little bit of tactics. Of course, good weapons help, and make the difference between five minutes spent on an enemy and five seconds... ^^;;;

rena-ko
Jul 1, 2003, 04:23 AM
delsaber set? (buster and shield) - that would be a good saber-type weapon.
then i went pretty well with my last survivor when i first tried ult forest at level... 86 (solved ep2 vhard first).

i think all you have to do is leveling a bit more - or make yourself a mag with pow and dex - a [5 125 70 0] for example. very nice to have a kickstart in ult.

anyway, good luck

Reiya
Jul 1, 2003, 05:18 AM
bah!.......musashis.....yamatos they all suck i aint a huge fan of the paired sword types, it dont look, i wouldnt really use any weapons that dont match with my character.

AxemPunanny
Jul 1, 2003, 06:36 AM
On 2003-07-01 02:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
...Run in circles... Nervewracking, but fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
You don't necessarily need good weapons, just patience and a little bit of tactics. Of course, good weapons help, and make the difference between five minutes spent on an enemy and five seconds... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;

Ain't that ever the truth. Sure a biatch and a half at the same time. Areas that normally take me an hour or less now take me 3x times more because of the "patience" method. I'm not complaining though. I used to like leveling up a bunch before moving on. I ended up stronger than I needed to be. Now I just move ahead, knowing it's going to be a tougher and longer fight. Oh well, at least I'm moving on. Ever since I got back into PSO (on Xbox), all but 2 of my chars have played through the game w/o constant leveling. My Humar got into Ult at 49 then leveled him up alot just to get to Mines. My Fomar, Racast, and Fomarl got into Ult at 48, 43, and 45 respectively. Everyone else (3 others) is moving into Hard mode. I do have one char at 37, whom I've used mainly on Multi player.

Just plain leveling got really repetitive and boring after awhile. But I'm sure I'll still get back to it, from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-01 04:38 ]</font>

Dillon
Jul 1, 2003, 07:11 AM
On 2003-07-01 02:23, rena-ko wrote:
delsaber set? (buster and shield) - that would be a good saber-type weapon.
then i went pretty well with my last survivor when i first tried ult forest at level... 86 (solved ep2 vhard first).

i think all you have to do is leveling a bit more - or make yourself a mag with pow and dex - a [5 125 70 0] for example. very nice to have a kickstart in ult.

anyway, good luck

That's what I use. Level 96, about to be 97. Bartles are nothing..I can even get in a full combo with my Gea Bolg. I guess it's from the many Materials I've eaten or something, I dunno. But anyway, yes, like Rena said, try for a Delsaber's set. The boosted evasion when using both may help. Plus..it's strong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cc08
Jul 1, 2003, 09:21 AM
It was hard for me at first when I was like lvl 95, so I grinded a pair of Yamatos up to +60. Then I just used the quick attack, charge attack, and charge attack. That hit the enemy usually 4 or 5 times and did decent damage because I grinded the weapon up.

SubstanceD
Jul 1, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-07-01 00:50, kat wrote:
I can't complete my combos either, and I'm a level 96... I was trying with musashis and grass assassins sabers with a god battle equipped, and getting slammed around. Right now I'm using my dragon slayer, and not always finishing combos. for a while, when I was just in Ultimate mode (and any time right now online, as it's a gazillion times harder than single player) I use my red handgun... because that way I have more distance to complete the combo and not die.

... dying is bad

I have been thinking/worrying about this for some time especially since I recently found out that the monsters move even faster on Ultimate than they already do on Very Hard. My strongest and most effective weapon is my Yamato and yet I feel that it's animation is too slow to keep up with the enemies on Ultimate, what's the point of using a strong weapon that hits 5 times when it is to slow to get most of it's hits in. That means that I am going to have to rely on my Dragon Slayer and I don't think that it or my Hucaseal has enough raw power to serious damage anyone. Hopefully I wont struggle too much whne I finallu reach Ultimate.

Redleaf
Jul 1, 2003, 02:28 PM
I've done all my way in Ult with some mechguns with extra hit%
I still use them at level 124, but usually i use a partisan for melee (especially in Mines) and a Demo Comet for annoying foes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Oh, and i what i did is to level up my char at Forest of Sorrow... God/Battle do make things better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh and yes Yamato is definitely too slow even with god/battle... i only use them when playing multimode and a friend is doing the bait http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Redleaf on 2003-07-01 12:33 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jul 1, 2003, 02:34 PM
Everyone says double swords are too slow for Ultimate. Yet, I've been using G-Assassin's Sabers on my FOmarl and she doesn't really have any trouble finishing the combo.

ramzaman
Jul 1, 2003, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the tips. For now i guess i will just stick with the stag cutlery, at least until i can get the right arm of a delsaber.