PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances of rare mosters dropping rare items

Genkaku_McDohl
Jun 30, 2003, 08:01 PM
-i walk around caves2/normal and a nar lily appears. i kill it with my Greenhil character and end up with a Monomate.
-I explore VR Temple Beta/Normal and come across an Al Rappy, after it wakes up, I hit it again and recieve and angel/mind++
-I embark on "Fake in the Yellow"/Normal and come across an Al Rappy. After it wakes up, I hit it again and recieve an Angel/Luck.

my question is, are rares supposed to drop rare stuff all the time? if no , then what's the probability of it dropping one?

BladeofDarkness
Jun 30, 2003, 08:19 PM
You're on normal, you're not gonna find anything....also, Al Rappy in temple? Ya mean Love Rappy?

Soukosa
Jun 30, 2003, 08:21 PM
Rare enemies on Normal drop higher level units for most ID's. I think Redria has a slim chance of getting a rare from an Al Rappy on Normal, but that's it.

Mirian
Jun 30, 2003, 08:32 PM
If your Greennill, i can see why. I, a Skyly, while playing with my friend, a Greennill, got three rares while on a few Hard Forest Runs. He got nothing. I gave him an Al Rappy to kill (once we found one) and he still only got a Brave Barrier from it.

VulpesMundi
Jun 30, 2003, 09:06 PM
The odds of a rare enemy dropping a special item varies depending on the value of the item (Sonic Team's estimated value, not necessarily how good/bad an item is). The star rating is a good rule of thumb as to how valuable and rare an item is, though it's not absolute. Just remember that you never have a 100% chance of finding anything good, but in theory if you keep trying you'll eventually hit paydirt.

Cc08
Jul 1, 2003, 09:35 AM
getting an angel/mind on normal is considered a good drop... you dont realy get a lot of red boxs on normal... mostly just photon drops adn parts of enemies on normal

Malkavian
Jul 1, 2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, angel luck and angel mind are the rare drops of those guys in normal mode. Dont expect good rares in normal mode hehe