PDA

View Full Version : Best Arcade game?

CGoodness
Jun 30, 2003, 10:06 PM
Which modern arcade game is your favorite?

I can't decide between DDR and Soul Calibur 2

Nerd
Jun 30, 2003, 11:59 PM
I'll go with Star Wars Racer Arcade until i think of something else http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mystic_knight
Jul 1, 2003, 12:18 AM
Soul Calibur 2 since Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is hard to play in the arcade as opposed to on PS2. But those 2 are the best fighting games ever. It's just that SC2 is easier controlled at the arcade as opposed to a home console.

Reenee
Jul 1, 2003, 12:24 AM
GA-LA-FRIGGIN'-GA! And the modernized Arrangement version too!

Pac Man Arrangement is fun too.

JavaMoon
Jul 1, 2003, 02:51 AM
I'm a bit more of an old-school kind of gamer, so I'd have to say my favorite game to play in an arcade is the side scroller version of X-Men. Get a group of people on that game and it's a lot of fun. Dazzler all the way! ^_^

Captain_Dude
Jul 1, 2003, 05:59 AM
WHERE IS TETRIS?!? WHERE THE FUCK IS TETRIS?!?!
GARG!

(Can you tell I like Tetris).

One of the top reasons why I hate DDR to death is because a favorite arcade of mine took out the tetris machine and put in a DDR machine.

Basically, now, whenever I see someone playing DDR I think "Man, I wish a square block would fall RIGHT on this prick." Heh... I really dislike DDR.

But the answer to the topic would have to be Tetris. I'd give every quarter I have just to play that game s'more...

EDIT: And next person who makes a poll like this had BETTER have Tetris as an option. I don't like having to say other.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-01 04:00 ]</font>

Sai-Yuk
Jul 1, 2003, 08:21 AM
why isn't the metal slug series marked as an option?

*votes 'other'*

Vanango
Jul 1, 2003, 09:12 AM
Street Fighter or pac-man.

Oh, and I could beat ANYONE in tetris.

CGoodness
Jul 1, 2003, 09:59 AM
On 2003-07-01 06:21, Sai-Yuk wrote:

*votes 'other'*

what's metal slug?

DeathCheese87
Jul 1, 2003, 10:03 AM
On 2003-07-01 07:59, CGoodness wrote:

*votes 'other'*

what's metal slug?

you poor, poor child.

it is so the Dance Dance. too bad most of the machines are crowded and whatnot.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 1, 2003, 10:43 AM
metal slug in a nut shell is a side scrolling shooter. you shoot almost continuously, dodge way too many bullets at a time and develop faith in whatever god will get you though the level with your lives intact. if there's anything that game will teach you, its that praying won't save your lives.

some of the things that set it aside from other similar games are:

- vehicles
* tanks
* helicopters
* planes
* submarines
* ostriches
* camels
* elephants
and more that YOU can pilot

- 'transformations'
* zombie
* monkey
* mummy
* snow man
some of these actually HELP you instead of hinder (zombie has a NASTY grenade replacement attack..)

- humour
* varying death animations
* little touches through the levels
* fatness from eating too much food too quickly

- multiple weapon types
* machine gun
* dual machine guns
* grenade launcher
* rocket launcher
* shot gun
* flame thrower
and others i can't be bothered to add

- multiple characters
- multiple routes through the levels
- lots of other stuff.

this all depends on what sequal of the game you play, but, it IS a very good series for a 'mindless shooter' type of game.

MissJester
Jul 1, 2003, 12:26 PM
I have Metal Slug 3 for MAME, it rules!

I think it took me 60 credits to beat it. So hard, but oh so fun.

And the X-Men side scroller is one of the greatest games. Nightcrawler is the man. D&D Shodows over Mysteria and Aliens vs Predator were good ones back in the day, but i cant find an arcade that has Aliens vs Predator anymore.

-[HARDCORE]-
Jul 1, 2003, 01:53 PM
for me it would have to be:

-DDR Extreme
-Soul Calibur 2
-Initial D ver 2

with those 3 games at my local arcade, i could stay in there from opening to closing

Daikarin
Jul 1, 2003, 03:04 PM
I'd have to say Power Stone. The first time I saw it I got hooked, and was addicted to it when it came out on the Dreamcast.

Excalibur18
Jul 1, 2003, 03:15 PM
*Looks and repeadility looks and finds no jurassic park in the arcade selection* O come on u know jurrasic park is one of the greatist shooting games of all time. First time i played it spent like $20.00 on and it scared the pants off me.

Cloud_01
Jul 1, 2003, 03:35 PM
House of the Dead 1&2. I use to play those games in the arcades all the time.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 1, 2003, 04:33 PM

*votes 'other'*

Thats a good question.

I would have to say Metal Slug 2 is my favourite arcade game. I put so much money into over the last three holidays ive been on, each time getting better and better. Im the only one at the damn holiday camp that has managed to get first place on the high score board. Then again, im the only one who has ever got on the high score board at the holiday camps arcade!

Now hopefully if the release date doesnt slip again ill fineally be able to buy Metal Slug X on the Playstation next friday. But it has slipped its release date about four times now.

Neo_Slayer
Jul 1, 2003, 05:13 PM
i pick Soul Caliber 2.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 1, 2003, 09:03 PM
I like DDR. I used to be hooked on that game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

CGoodness
Jul 1, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-07-01 14:33, Deathscythealpha wrote:

*votes 'other'*

Thats a good question.

I would have to say Metal Slug 2 is my favourite arcade game. I put so much money into over the last three holidays ive been on, each time getting better and better. Im the only one at the damn holiday camp that has managed to get first place on the high score board. Then again, im the only one who has ever got on the high score board at the holiday camps arcade!

Now hopefully if the release date doesnt slip again ill fineally be able to buy Metal Slug X on the Playstation next friday. But it has slipped its release date about four times now.

It's not up there because I had never played or heard of it. Why does it matter? Soul Calibur 2 is the best becuase of that cool Conquest mode and stuff. Cna't wait till it comes out for consoles in august...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jul 2, 2003, 11:00 PM
Time Crises 3. The switch weapon ability is pretty cool.......it's a real good game to waste money on.

mystic_knight
Jul 3, 2003, 12:14 AM
Metal Slug 3 is available for PS2 import now. I can't wait til it comes stateside. I've beaten all the other ones on MAME. I would have gotten number 3 but mame.dk likes to shut me off at about 95% and not let me resume my download =(

Kid_Icarus
Jul 3, 2003, 12:36 AM
NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Kasera
Jul 3, 2003, 12:46 AM
Where the hell is T-2 The Arcade Game? OMGWTFITSYFFAB!!!11111

Nerd
Jul 3, 2003, 01:24 AM
Thought of a couple more favorites:

Outrunners and Alien 3: The Gun (loved the kick back on the rifle)

BV55
Jul 4, 2003, 05:03 AM
Other: Primal Rage was one of the sweetest games made. It is all about dinosaurs shooting fire and ice and kickin eachothers asses.